PDA

View Full Version : Twilight New Moon

Woodstock
March 19th, 2010, 11:50 PM
When I left today at 6 pm, we hadn't gotten any of our copies in. Has this happened to anyone else?

bEZ
March 19th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Not us.... i think we got ours on Thurs with the rest of the weekly stuff.... had our midnight release tonight.

BUYMECAR
March 19th, 2010, 11:57 PM
we didn't get any BluRay retail but we got everything else on Wednesday.

yes... Wednesday!

i left right before close but because of the new 10 employee rentals, i nabbed a few rentals. we had a huge line of customers. me and another coworker stood in line and sneered at our coworkers who were behind the counter =D

djblade
March 20th, 2010, 12:55 AM
EPIC WIN TONIGHT!

PM me if you want to know

Morbid Angel
March 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM
EPIC WIN TONIGHT!

PM me if you want to know

Why not just let everyone know? :confused:

Ninja
March 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Doesnt best buy have an exclusive on the bluray copies?
Walmart calls their copy the "ultimate fan edition" lol
And twilight barbies?!

*vomit*

BUYMECAR
March 20th, 2010, 02:14 PM
speaking of Walmart, we had some customers come in right before midnight last night that were, by definition, Twilight freaks. they had glitter poured over their shirts...

apparently, they went to a Walmart where there was supposed to be a New Moon party at 11. they drove there only to discover it was an ONLINE party lol

Ninja
March 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahah online party. Classic!

Antithesys
March 20th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Glitter on their shirts? The vampires glitter on their skin, not their clothing, and only in sunlight.

...um, I've heard, anyway.

abhorrent scowl
March 20th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Glitter should only appear in two places:
art projects in the first grade and on strippers.:D

djblade
March 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Blockbuster got bluray rights too!

some many twilight fans out there. They come all sorts of colors and having creative ways of dressing up

Aphrodite
March 21st, 2010, 05:04 AM
Glitter on their shirts? The vampires glitter on their skin, not their clothing, and only in sunlight.

...um, I've heard, anyway.

:D Could Anti be a closet fan?

deathbydanny
March 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM
Pfft. Twilight. I'm sorry, but vampires don't sparkle. Vampires explode in holy water and have "Cry Little Sister" play in the background when you ram Kiefer Sutherland into a wall full of Grampa's hunting trophies.

wheresmikey
March 21st, 2010, 06:58 PM
every author is allowed to make her own unique theories on supernatural subjects. any of you should know that. there's unique rules for the workings of magic in many different works of scifi literature i've read and i've been ok with it. i don't see people get mad when an author writes a dragon do have purposes no higher than kickass horses vs authors who make dragons old, wise, ancient and powerful.

to be clear twilight vampires are are unique to her own universe and should stay in her own universe. they are vampires according to her definition. what we see as werewolves in her universe are not werewolves. they are native american style shapeshifters. the animal they transform into is unique to their tribe and culture.

what we should really be ripping on is the really bad low quality writing of the stories. stephen king said it best "...Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good."

i write this not as a fan but as someone who reads a lot of books.

-http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29001524/

BUYMECAR
March 21st, 2010, 10:34 PM
well as a fan who hasn't read her books or watched any of her movies, i've gotta say she's pretty damn good at making money.

wheresmikey
March 21st, 2010, 10:57 PM
i bet buymecar celebrates his fandom by wearing shirts like this

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=WIGU-EDWARD&Category_Code=

Morbid Angel
March 21st, 2010, 11:38 PM
Fuck Twilight! Long live Harry Potter! End of story.

Gotta bring it back yet AGAIN:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs157.snc1/5850_266446115416_814335416_9388690_2335779_n.jpg

abhorrent scowl
March 22nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
The teenaged-girl-market has always been one of the most lucrative to those who can profit from it, and one of the most annoying to those who aren't part of the targeted demographic. To me, Twilight is the literary equivalent of New Kids on the Block - immensely popular for the span of a few years. After that, it'll most likely be forgotten until VH1 does nostalgia show on the subject.

To be fair, I gave the first movie a shot. I've got 2 words for you:
Vampire. Baseball.:confused:

Ms. Meyer is certainly making a tidy profit on the books, and I can't blame her for that. If someone throws shitloads of money at you... you take it. But commercial success doesn't make you immune from sucking. :p

zooworker
March 22nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
I remember the first movie, brought it home so my wife could watch it. She called me later and said "this movie sucks, the whole idea sucks" i agreed.

Wow, as I sit back and watch another episode of TRUE BLOOD :D

BUYMECAR
March 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
i bet buymecar celebrates his fandom by wearing shirts like this

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=WIGU-EDWARD&Category_Code=

nah i'm more into designs of the flesh.

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/twitard91-375x1024.jpg