PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the july online sell

DavidNewlySL
June 15th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Low and behold..blockbuster has another sneaky way of getting us to push online. Moving compass up front wasnt just to for us..they want us to turn them around towards the customer..near the membership sign up..and get people to do the total access free trial..what is everyones thoughts..circa 2007/2008

bEZ
June 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM
They stopped us from selling online because it was hurting the stores...

If they make you guys start selling online again it is a sure sign that upper management is giving up on the stores and ready to conentrate on all the other platforms that are available.

DavidNewlySL
June 15th, 2010, 10:26 PM
lol well this what they are doing

yodavsjason
June 15th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Fuck them, I'm selling netflix.

BUYMECAR
June 16th, 2010, 01:35 AM
wow it does sound rather fishy, doesn't it? it's as if we're signing up our current in-store customers in preparation for the imminent nationwide closure. simply amazing.

i would love to bring my PS3 netflix disc and plop it in the kiosk at work to show off the brilliance that is Netflix.

abhorrent scowl
June 16th, 2010, 04:51 AM

Are you sure you'd know how to handle selling something the customers actually want???:p

Ninja
June 16th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Terrible segway. My store has a great rewards penetration for our low volume store. So get everyone on a loyalty program and right after push them away from the store will just show how terrible of a company we are. Give us your money then we're gonna have you put it elsewhere.

Wonderful.

empbal
June 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM
wow it does sound rather fishy, doesn't it? it's as if we're signing up our current in-store customers in preparation for the imminent nationwide closure. simply amazing.

i would love to bring my PS3 netflix disc and plop it in the kiosk at work to show off the brilliance that is Netflix.
That was my first thought. Kind of a last ditch effort at converting customers to another program that doesn't rely on stores before a mass closure as everyone knows the stores aren't doing so hot.

Also, did you hear this from a DM or something?

Flantanella
June 16th, 2010, 08:15 AM
the ideal customer would be one thats on rewards with numerous bundles, maybe a movie pass, and pre orders games. Now add online. News flash morons that customer doesnt exist

DavidNewlySL
June 16th, 2010, 08:28 AM
That was my first thought. Kind of a last ditch effort at converting customers to another program that doesn't rely on stores before a mass closure as everyone knows the stores aren't doing so hot.

Also, did you hear this from a DM or something?

it was in communication in the program guide for terminal move

Ninja
June 16th, 2010, 09:39 AM
yeah, the new terminal move makes it accessible for employees and customers...which, WHAT THE FUCK?
I'm supposed to do certain shit and print labels. Some guy is using my computer, so what the fuck do I do?

"Sir, can you please get off the computer so that I can do what I need to before my shift is over?"

"I'm almost done."

15 mins later

"Sir, I REALLY need to use that"

"I'm going to netflix!"

and what about when we have to clock out? 6_6

Anyway. I can only assume that we will sign people up for memberships as per our internet access.

Not to mention, where we are supposed to have the terminal, it's rather inconvenient for us to let customers use. When someone wants to use it, we have to turn our big screen around and give them the keyboard?

Maybe I'm being really cynical because it doesn't sound like a good idea, but it may work when I do see it...till then. It's fucking annoying.

omg_bbv
June 16th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I can only hope that someone will bring in an infected jump drive...

zooworker
June 16th, 2010, 11:02 AM
SOLD!!!!

anyway.........
This is just fucked up, another way to confuse the customers................

CSR: Would you like to register for our online program?
Cust: Uh...I just bought rewards, will it work there?
CSR: No, but you will get a choice of thouasnds of movies.
Cust: I only want one though...
CSR: Give it a try........
Cust: Well, OK, but refund my rewards please......
CSR: ...............why?................
CUst: so I can buy an online membership.
CSR: (damn, lost again) (yells for the MOD).........

bEZ
June 16th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I heard awhile back that the computers would be accessible to customers... but i thought it was mainly for cutomers to be able to look up movies by actor and stuff.... i didnt hear anything about us actively trying to sell online memberships.

Flantanella
June 16th, 2010, 06:11 PM
seriously at this time when they need customers why push a god damn product that takes money from a store. Isnt the concept to avoid being bankrupt, to make as much money as fucking possible? And I have a degree in Business, do those assholes have one as well. Me thinks no

abhorrent scowl
June 16th, 2010, 06:13 PM
^^^ No doubt they are looking at the online service as a way of keeping the business going with much less overhead. As for us store employees... well, there's the bus.
Prepare to be thrown under it.

TheAnomaly
June 17th, 2010, 01:36 AM
If it's anything like the test their doing in some of the livenation stores (I still call them that), you won't be selling online to everybody, only the customers flagged in the POS.

It goes a little like this...
DM: "Why don't you have a bajillion activations?"
SM: "The almighty POS didn't tell us to!"

But seriously, it only flags low to mid level renters. So, not the people you just sold rewards to (unless they really don't rent much, like they always claim).

Also, if it's like the current setup, they'll be paying the SMs for each activation. Yep, that's right. SMs get bonuses... SMs get commissions... WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Ninja
June 17th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah...that's kind of shitty. It's like having twins and only giving one a new cell phone and not the other...or giving one silly bands and the other nothing. wtf. Are we red-headed step children or attic, fish head eating evil twins?

HelloItsMeMOM
June 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
If they wanted to make alot of money quick they would be doing blow out sales especially of all the VHS they have.

When you say Terminal Move did they mean .. move the computer up to the front OR
get customers to buy online while they are still here in a store so they will still be a customer once they close the stores?

:D

Love to all

MOM

sar94pga
June 17th, 2010, 09:16 PM
If it's anything like the test their doing in some of the livenation stores (I still call them that), you won't be selling online to everybody, only the customers flagged in the POS.

It goes a little like this...
DM: "Why don't you have a bajillion activations?"
SM: "The almighty POS didn't tell us to!"

But seriously, it only flags low to mid level renters. So, not the people you just sold rewards to (unless they really don't rent much, like they always claim).

Also, if it's like the current setup, they'll be paying the SMs for each activation. Yep, that's right. SMs get bonuses... SMs get commissions... WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

bonuses? what is this bonus thing you speak of? :D i forget how they work!

and yeah i have heard tales of an online push, but no bonus to go with it.

Spohiesmom2008
June 18th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Heard this on a conf call with RDO. After rew finishes we will start an online drive. The demise is closer than ever. And you better believe Im going to make sure all my new rewards customers get a full refund when my store closes!

HelloItsMeMOM
June 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM
"Hello customer. Please buy this online package so you can put me out of a job. BB needs the money to pay its bills until it can close all the stores."

abhorrent scowl
June 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Let me see if I understand this correctly.
We will soon be told to push the online accounts.
If you don't meet a quota for that, you are threatened with termination.
If you do meet the quota, you are taking revenue away from the store you work at, increasing the likelihood it will close, resulting in... your termination.

Yep. Makes me sure want to bust my ass.
:mad:

djblade
June 19th, 2010, 12:20 AM
The only selling is only happening at stores that used to sell tickets for concerts and stuff. They have a new computer that can easily handle it. I know online sucks but not to many stores will sell this. After the rewards drive is over in the first week of July it will be presales on video games like Madden 2011 and movie presales stuff.

Flantanella
June 19th, 2010, 12:12 PM
watch i bet next they want you guys to push customers to the blue boxes.

gmp71270
June 19th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I think some of our customers would be color blind and find the red ones instead, hmmmmmmmmm Wal-Mart or Publix.

zooworker
June 19th, 2010, 02:28 PM
watch i bet next they want you guys to push customers to the blue boxes.
Probably allow returns to the store for free instore exchange.....

Flantanella
June 19th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Probably allow returns to the store for free instore exchange.....

yea they tried that before and look how that worked out

djsdojo
June 21st, 2010, 04:16 AM
10 years from now there will still be BBV stores they just wont be every 3 miles down the road. But yes this is making sense now about moving the clock in computers up front some of us better start looking for a new job.

bEZ
June 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM
10 years from now there will still be BBV stores they just wont be every 3 miles down the road.

This statement makes sense if it's from 10 years ago..... in the year 2020 i doubt there will be any BBV stores

djsdojo
June 22nd, 2010, 05:09 AM
There are still some very busy BBV stores out there and I have been told that BBVs are going to be closing but not a mass closing of every store. They are going to be looking at profits for each store and close them accordingly increasing business at the other stores. Its a proven fact that when a BBV closes people drive down to the next one down the street.

bEZ
June 23rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
There are still some very busy BBV stores out there and I have been told that BBVs are going to be closing but not a mass closing of every store. They are going to be looking at profits for each store and close them accordingly increasing business at the other stores. Its a proven fact that when a BBV closes people drive down to the next one down the street.

Yeah... i know they are not closing all the stores....YET... but they will, eventually...and like i said, 10 years from now there won't be any left... sure there are stores that make profit, but every year there are fewer and fewer of those stores

Damien Oujia
June 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM
There may be BBV stores around in certain niche markets. Like it or not, we are materialistic people and I don't see downloads and streaming taking over every household in this country. Hell, AOL is still around to service rural folks who can't get broadband. Scaled down quite a bit from their glory days, but still around. Blockbuster is going to HAVE to go through the inevitable massive scaling down.

Think about it: in most urban areas you had SEVERAL Blockbuster stores. Where as if you had a Borders or Barnes and Noble you were lucky if you had two or three in an urban area. I think it's eventually going to get down to that for Blockbuster...just two or three strategically located stores in an urban area. It can't go on like it has for much longer.

djblade
June 24th, 2010, 11:16 PM
it depends on location location location.

bEZ
June 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM
there may be profitable stores many years from now... but the rental landscape is changng so much that i don't see how it'll last... and even being profitable isn't enough with that ginormous debt Blockbuster has.

djsdojo
June 25th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I think it's eventually going to get down to that for Blockbuster...just two or three strategically located stores in an urban area. It can't go on like it has for much longer.You hit the nail on the head with this one this is what I have been trying to say........... But everyone wants to say there all closing.

TheShooter87
June 26th, 2010, 06:44 AM
theyll all close eventually, but the having 2 or 3 in an area will happen first

not even the great Jim Keyes can defy the power of Time

deathbydanny
June 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah he can. He's got pickles and foot cream, and everyone knows that's the alchemy formula for time manipulation.

Flantanella
June 28th, 2010, 12:57 AM
is the pickles thing a joke for real. I am just asking

zooworker
June 28th, 2010, 07:41 AM
is the pickles thing a joke for real. I am just asking
Nope, they do have them and Kaw loves em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAnomaly
June 28th, 2010, 07:11 PM
So, we're tracking game presales again starting next week... at least that's what I heard on our conference call today.

DavidNewlySL
June 28th, 2010, 07:24 PM
yeah i guess they put it off? because they didnt show up to move my compass computer

empbal
June 28th, 2010, 07:41 PM
So, we're tracking game presales again starting next week... at least that's what I heard on our conference call today.
I was anticipating that, so for the past two weeks I have been talking up Madden and NCAA and letting people know they only get the $5 gift card if they preorder AFTER July 4.

BUYMECAR
June 28th, 2010, 11:20 PM
yeah i usually tell them to just wait until the promotion starts cus it would be pointless to pass up those sales =/

TheAnomaly
June 29th, 2010, 11:19 AM
It'll still probably count to-date presales, as well as the ones for the week.

Amazon's giving $20 with Madden. That's always a good sign for us.

gmp71270
June 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I wonder what happened to all the laptops BBI had when we pushed on-line down everyone's throat a few years ago. We had 2 of them in our store.

zooworker
June 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I wonder what happened to all the laptops BBI had when we pushed on-line down everyone's throat a few years ago. We had 2 of them in our store.
I know some where given to SM's as incentive rewards but still that left a lot not accounted for. I suggest maybe they need to look into DL's ebay acct's

DavidNewlySL
June 29th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I know some where given to SM's as incentive rewards but still that left a lot not accounted for. I suggest maybe they need to look into DL's ebay acct's

actually..most of the sm's still got them even if they didnt meet the incentive..they just eventually gave them to them.

Flantanella
June 29th, 2010, 03:10 PM
you mean the piece of shit dell that had slower internet then AOL are still going to be used. God I remember the times I heard " Its too slow or not working"

gmp71270
June 29th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Well if BBI would spend money for a decent ISP or something. That satelite crap we have is expensive and unreliable. Gee you would think someone might have told them about DSL............................Oops, they must have mentioned it at the meeting they discussed pickles and Jim Keyes didn't hear it.

uhohbusted69
June 29th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I got both our laptops for selling a bunch of combo passes. 1 went to eBay one is somewhere around my house.

DavidNewlySL
June 29th, 2010, 06:07 PM
those laptops were very bottom line..and it broke down maybe 1 month after use.

empbal
June 29th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Well if BBI would spend money for a decent ISP or something. That satelite crap we have is expensive and unreliable. Gee you would think someone might have told them about DSL............................Oops, they must have mentioned it at the meeting they discussed pickles and Jim Keyes didn't hear it.
LiveNation stores got upgraded to DSL when the terminals got installed.

Propoxy
June 29th, 2010, 10:08 PM
those laptops were very bottom line..and it broke down maybe 1 month after use.
They're decent if you wipe everything and start from scratch.

...I'm posting from one right now! :)

BUYMECAR
June 29th, 2010, 11:53 PM
yeah, when we had the laptop for the short time we had them from the time i was hired, all i could think about was the cheap upgrades i could have given to it to make it good.

they took our laptop away, plain and simple.

TheAnomaly
June 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM
LiveNation stores got upgraded to DSL when the terminals got installed.

That explains why compass is so much faster! It's so much less frustrating when things load in a reasonable amount of time. I wish you all could experience it.

Woodstock
July 2nd, 2010, 11:48 PM
Compass/Box office is still in the backroom at my store. I wonder why?

Knargles
July 3rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
Compass/Box Office is only up front in certain stores, originally there was a schedule for which store they were going to and when but now it is just whenever, be prepared for an odd time though, they came in at 9am to one of my stores on a thursday morning. Also make sure you have a plan in place and tell all employees or else they will put it wherever is easiest for them. I hate where my box office wound up. They put it on the handicap counter so it is extremely awkward for my staff and customers to use it without a chair.

BUYMECAR
July 3rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
they placed ours on the leftmost station spot... meaning if a customer were to use it, it would look like they were an employee ready to help other customers ._.

i brought this up to my SM and apparently it's going to look like this:

<----- QUEUE AREA -----> Entrance

0 is the "Compass/Box Office" but at the moment it is in the "LAT1" spot.

i don't get why the tech guy who moved it up front only did HALF the job? he moved the original LAT1 station to the back... so i'm just really confuzzled by all of it.

Kreen-Akrore
July 5th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Well I got an email about our goals for the week from the DM and at the end he also stated a couple stores should start selling Total Access, could this be they had their computers moved up?

Elphabalives
July 6th, 2010, 12:15 AM
We started selling the Total Access today. The DM said we were one of a few that started today, the rest will start in 4 weeks. We only are able to cause we still have the computer that was once used for live nation up front. Our compass is still in the back. They did say that the TA sales would replace one of the other 3 priorities, either presales or DA.

However, not one of the three people that worked today saw a single flag on an account, prompting for Total Access sign up. And we're seriously going to have to ghetto rig the computer. It's in a very awkward place.

I'll borrow BUYME's example and modify...

_|_|LAT1|_|LAT2|_|LAT3|_| |_|LTA4|__
l
l
_
TAl
l
l
front door

It's right there in the front walkway, about 3 feet inside the door. And i'm not sure about everyone else's counters, but our monitors are kind of propped up, with a 6inch tall board around the edge, meaning we'd have to set the monitor on top of a box or stack of books so people could see it. And even then it's going to be difficult to see. It's going to make things more hectic too, since that's the computer we use to pull up old accounts, and the only one that will print cards. Might be easier if LTA1 and 4 worked...

DM also said that we would only get credit for those who chose to pay for TA after the free trial was up. Seriously!? So how do we have a goal this week if we won't get credit until 2 weeks from now? And we won't have signage until August 1st! My pet rats have more common sense than whoever thought of this.

BUYMECAR
July 6th, 2010, 03:17 AM
LOL wow! so if we can't guarantee our sales, why bother signing people up in the first place?

why not just send offers via mail/email? ridiculous.

abhorrent scowl
July 6th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Store employees = lifeguards
Corporate = drowning victim who thrashes about, violently and randomly, causing the death of both lifeguard and victim

BUYMECAR
July 6th, 2010, 02:48 PM
someone have a BayWatch themed dream? =D

redfay
July 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
someone have a BayWatch themed dream? =D

After having 10 rentals a week, Baywatch is the only thing left to watch.

Sigh.

Blockbusterstore482
July 10th, 2010, 10:21 AM
So a couple of things. 1. Compass move was at the request of the employees, it had nothing to do with Total Access Push. 2. Total Access is part of our business, we need to accept the fact that we have multi channel offerings and learn how to embrace it, that is how a company transforms. 3. Previous TA drives where geared towards everyone, this time it will be geared to customers that are not frequent visitors to the store. 4. Once the stars line up, stores will begin receiving a form of "credit" to the SPR for Online, Kiosk, and On Demand Rentals.

I normally do not blast back, but the compass move is a good thing that you guys are turning bad. We are not evil at the Home Office. You also need to remember that the Home Office People you deal with are Store Folks, not online, on demand, or kiosk. If you think we want to put ourselves out of a job think again.

Company is transforming and the stores are a huge part of that. So I am asking each of you how would you like us to promote our cross channel brand? Would you rather someone go to a redbox or a Blue box? Cable on demand or Blockbuster on demand? Netflix or Total Access? I am all ears.

Flantanella
July 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
So a couple of things. 1. Compass move was at the request of the employees, it had nothing to do with Total Access Push. 2. Total Access is part of our business, we need to accept the fact that we have multi channel offerings and learn how to embrace it, that is how a company transforms. 3. Previous TA drives where geared towards everyone, this time it will be geared to customers that are not frequent visitors to the store. 4. Once the stars line up, stores will begin receiving a form of "credit" to the SPR for Online, Kiosk, and On Demand Rentals.

I normally do not blast back, but the compass move is a good thing that you guys are turning bad. We are not evil at the Home Office. You also need to remember that the Home Office People you deal with are Store Folks, not online, on demand, or kiosk. If you think we want to put ourselves out of a job think again.

Company is transforming and the stores are a huge part of that. So I am asking each of you how would you like us to promote our cross channel brand? Would you rather someone go to a redbox or a Blue box? Cable on demand or Blockbuster on demand? Netflix or Total Access? I am all ears.

What a bunch of crap.You guys want the stores to sell TA non stop. If they get the goal they pretty much take money from the store cause no income is going into the store. Which in end may just close the store and they are out of a job. If they dont, then they get threaten with termination and write ups. When does it end?

" If you think we want to put ourselves out of a job think again.
"
No you just want to put every good person out of a job and replace them with people that would do the work for half the pay

You dont need to ask that question, cause they are already going to redbox,on demand and netflix. Look to the BS sale pitches you force the workers to do or its their jobs.

Company is transforming .... oh the company that cares, and my shit is gold

zooworker
July 10th, 2010, 11:33 AM

But you put a lot of older higher paying store people out of a job, yes I do netflix, at $8.99 a month, more bang for your buck.

abhorrent scowl
July 10th, 2010, 12:32 PM

We understand that. We really do. But please, try to look at it from the point of view of a store employee.
Online, on demand, whatever it is. That's money that is spent on the company, but not in a store. Out of store transactions will only drive in-store traffic down. Stores become less and less profitable, close, and store employees lose jobs.

Look at what we are hearing. On the one hand, we are told that it all depends on us carrying out the plan. But then at the last shareholders' meeting (which I did listen to) all Keyes could gush about was on demand. Forgive us if we're starting to feel like the red-headed step child in all of this. We understand that as consumer practices change, brick and mortar stores will continue to become less and less relavent.

But can you understand how we, store employees, just might have mixed feelings about being told to push one of the services that makes an in-store visit less attractive? And please, don't throw out the response that we can sell those online swappers a bundle or 2. That is not what they come in for.

I'm not trying to bash you here. But like I said, try to stand where we are, and see what this looks like.

Flantanella
July 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
We understand that. We really do. But please, try to look at it from the point of view of a store employee.
Online, on demand, whatever it is. That's money that is spent on the company, but not in a store. Out of store transactions will only drive in-store traffic down. Stores become less and less profitable, close, and store employees lose jobs.

Look at what we are hearing. On the one hand, we are told that it all depends on us carrying out the plan. But then at the last shareholders' meeting (which I did listen to) all Keyes could gush about was on demand. Forgive us if we're starting to feel like the red-headed step child in all of this. We understand that as consumer practices change, brick and mortar stores will continue to become less and less relavent.

But can you understand how we, store employees, just might have mixed feelings about being told to push one of the services that makes an in-store visit less attractive? And please, don't throw out the response that we can sell those online swappers a bundle or 2. That is not what they come in for.

I'm not trying to bash you here. But like I said, try to stand where we are, and see what this looks like.

HE DOESNT GIVE A DAMN!!! NONE OF THEM DO...if they did care they wouldnt get rid of all the good people, threaten them, and give bs sale goals

Fuck it bash him, he is full of crap just like the rest of the DM's, RDO, LP and the rest. If you think the company still cares, then you are an idiot

TheShooter87
July 10th, 2010, 01:31 PM
company is transforming to "out of business" :-D

abhorrent scowl
July 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
HE DOESNT GIVE A DAMN!!! NONE OF THEM DO...if they did care they wouldnt get rid of all the good people, threaten them, and give bs sale goals

Fuck it bash him, he is full of crap just like the rest of the DM's, RDO, LP and the rest. If you think the company still cares, then you are an idiot

No illusions here. In business, "caring" occurs on a local level. Within my store, we care about each other a lot. Once you expand to a corporate viewpoint, then we are all just cogs in the machine. Interchangeable and replaceable. So no, I don't expect BB482 to come hold my hand and ask me how I'm doing.

But I'm not going to jump on him for every single thing he posts, either. Sometimes I feel like pouring venom into a post, and sometimes, I want to talk like a grown up. Perhaps just maybe I'm just having a rare fit of maturity. Who knows, after my next shift I may come back on here and say all kinds of things about his mother.

In the meantime, I'm content to just get my point across, without any real expectation of answers that will change anything.

I understand your anger, Flant, and don't really disagree with anything you've said. But be careful, man, you're drifting dangerously close to Kaw territory here.

Flantanella
July 10th, 2010, 01:48 PM
No illusions here. In business, "caring" occurs on a local level. Within my store, we care about each other a lot. Once you expand to a corporate viewpoint, then we are all just cogs in the machine. Interchangeable and replaceable. So no, I don't expect BB482 to come hold my hand and ask me how I'm doing.

But I'm not going to jump on him for every single thing he posts, either. Sometimes I feel like pouring venom into a post, and sometimes, I want to talk like a grown up. Perhaps just maybe I'm just having a rare fit of maturity. Who knows, after my next shift I may come back on here and say all kinds of things about his mother.

In the meantime, I'm content to just get my point across, without any real expectation of answers that will change anything.

I understand your anger, Flant, and don't really disagree with anything you've said. But be careful, man, you're drifting dangerously close to Kaw territory here.

as far as I am concern, I am already on KAW territory. The moment I called out Blockbusterstore BS. I saw 5+ responses of how I was wrong. You guys here on Ihateblockbuster side with a company man over ex worker... and want to continue this site? do it and teach the rest of the workers to say fuck off to people like Blockbusterstore and the rest. be part of the solution not the problem

The man that comes here and says BBV is going to be a great company that prevails and cares. YEA CRAP, you may not want to post to everything he says. But i will, all his crap is just CRAP

zooworker
July 10th, 2010, 02:03 PM
as far as I am concern, I am already on KAW territory. The moment I called out Blockbusterstore BS. I saw 5+ responses of how I was wrong. You guys here on Ihateblockbuster side with a company man over ex worker... and want to continue this site? do it and teach the rest of the workers to say fuck off to people like Blockbusterstore and the rest. be part of the solution not the problem

The man that comes here and says BBV is going to be a great company that prevails and cares. YEA CRAP, you may not want to post to everything he says. But i will, all his crap is just CRAP
http://serve.mysmiley.net/sign/sign0004.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/freesmiley.php?smiley=sign/sign0004.gif) ROFLMAO:D

Flantanella
July 10th, 2010, 02:05 PM
i rest my case, made fun of zooworkers good friend

zooworker
July 10th, 2010, 02:07 PM
i rest my case, made of zooworkers good friend
You know, sometimes your post just make my day. That's because I laugh so much over them. Stuff the anger and be a real person, your gonna have a stroke at an early age if you don't;)

Flantanella
July 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Stuff the anger and be a real person? Are you fucking serious? You would make a great bbv worker, or sorry i forgot . No wonder your friends with Blockbusterstore, and one of the 5 that said i was wrong. Yet no one here can prove me wrong

I invite everyone here to prove me wrong on my posts( even blockbusterstore, but he is a bitch and wont do it)

this should be interesting

zooworker
July 10th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Stuff the anger and be a real person? Are you fucking serious? You would make a great bbv worker, or sorry i forgot . No wonder your friends with Blockbusterstore, and one of the 5 that said i was wrong. Yet no one here can prove me wrong

I invite everyone here to prove me wrong on my posts( even blockbusterstore, but he is a bitch and wont do it)

I rest my case about your anger...........we don't need to prove you wrong, you did a good job at it already. Oh, by the way I am no Friend with BBI anymore, but I do not have anger, it will just destroy your self.

Flantanella
July 10th, 2010, 02:37 PM
sure go hide with your buddy there and have fun

and I still havent seen the post " Flant, you are wrong cause of this"

Ebenonce
July 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
All the immature ranting going on in this thread makes me ashamed to be a Blockbuster employee; Irrational hatred? Come on now!

Now I am not going to lie, the obvious truth right now is that Stores detract moreso than contribute to the company's growth.

In the future it's going to be more and more stores replaced by Blockbuster branded NCR Kiosks, a retooled Total Acess, and hopefully a broadening of the On Demand service, or even a service that would merge the three into some amalgous gigantic value that Netflix could never compete with.

The truth is employees are getting the shaft though at the field level, everyone from Stoare manager and blew are burnt out, upset, and maybe even so at dangerous levels, but it's not thier fault, the company turned it's back on store employees 2 years ago.

Performance reviews and pay raises are a neccesity to drive performance on a long term scale, even the pyschological change orf recieving 15 cents extra a year could drastically improve things, as it stands many store employees are literally on the edge of leaving, and whart's worse is the notion that they are completely replaceable, and that actually worsens things.

The employee engagement survey was poorly implimented, I almost say we were decieved having to conduct "meetings" where everyone was encouraged to spill the beans on thier thoughts, all I could think of is it being a way to determine how many "dissenters" were around. Instead of feeling like my answers were anonymous, I realized that as a store we all said about the same things...with very low opinions, it actually made me sad, I used to have pride in the company; but why should we have pride when many of us have hit a glass ceiling in pay, yet we have to give more and work more?

I hope this helps...I've been in retail for a while...sometimes I forget what it is to work for a company that cares and is successful.

Tom Kurrikoff, Jim Keyes, and Doug Mchose have to understand we need just an inch...we're not asking for a mile, if we were trated more fairly...things ould be different

Flantanella
July 10th, 2010, 03:12 PM
All the immature ranting going on in this thread makes me ashamed to be a Blockbuster employee; Irrational hatred? Come on now!

Now I am not going to lie, the obvious truth right now is that Stores detract moreso than contribute to the company's growth.

In the future it's going to be more and more stores replaced by Blockbuster branded NCR Kiosks, a retooled Total Acess, and hopefully a broadening of the On Demand service, or even a service that would merge the three into some amalgous gigantic value that Netflix could never compete with.

The truth is employees are getting the shaft though at the field level, everyone from Stoare manager and blew are burnt out, upset, and maybe even so at dangerous levels, but it's not thier fault, the company turned it's back on store employees 2 years ago.

Performance reviews and pay raises are a neccesity to drive performance on a long term scale, even the pyschological change orf recieving 15 cents extra a year could drastically improve things, as it stands many store employees are literally on the edge of leaving, and whart's worse is the notion that they are completely replaceable, and that actually worsens things.

The employee engagement survey was poorly implimented, I almost say we were decieved having to conduct "meetings" where everyone was encouraged to spill the beans on thier thoughts, all I could think of is it being a way to determine how many "dissenters" were around. Instead of feeling like my answers were anonymous, I realized that as a store we all said about the same things...with very low opinions, it actually made me sad, I used to have pride in the company; but why should we have pride when many of us have hit a glass ceiling in pay, yet we have to give more and work more?

I hope this helps...I've been in retail for a while...sometimes I forget what it is to work for a company that cares and is successful.

Tom Kurrikoff, Jim Keyes, and Doug Mchose have to understand we need just an inch...we're not asking for a mile, if we were trated more fairly...things ould be different

see why couldnt you guys send someone like this, i least can say bravo and thank you

the only problem my friend is they are asking us for the mile, with out our rewards, or its our job

so please explain that

Blockbusterstore482
July 10th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Its a shame that we do not know each other, you would know better. I started as a CSR, I was in the store when we launched Online. I know the pressure that is applied. If none of us cared there would not be a future.

I am truly sorry that you feel this way. I am okay with being bashed, I used to do the same thing, until I got to the Home Office and I realized how much people do care. However I do understand why you do not believe that.

Blockbusterstore482
July 10th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Please tell me how you would like for me to prove it? You are right I am a company man. I love Blockbuster. To me there is nothing better than a Blockbuster Store. So please let me know.

Blockbusterstore482
July 10th, 2010, 04:08 PM

I will send your Post to Doug. He is always looking for feedback as to what is going on in the stores and how you feel. Engagement survey was meant to be a very positive thing, to make people aware of how it really was. I am sorry that you feel this way and ask that you hang in there. I believe that we are almost over this rough patch.

Xtreme Rebel
July 10th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Yes it's sad out in the stores. In my district the top three managers (I include myself) are all on the verge of leaving because we get no praise for a good week and a write up for a bad one.

djblade
July 10th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I will send your Post to Doug. He is always looking for feedback as to what is going on in the stores and how you feel. Engagement survey was meant to be a very positive thing, to make people aware of how it really was. I am sorry that you feel this way and ask that you hang in there. I believe that we are almost over this rough patch.

Can you give us Doug's email address?

BUYMECAR
July 10th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Ebenonce put it beautifully: no shit the stores are holding the company back!

of course they want us to sell something that hurts the stores if it helps the company a lot more!

these ideas are fairly obvious but to be told otherwise by leaders and management is a huge slap in the face.

to expect employees to take part in cannibalizing sales transactions without no incentive is a punch in the gut.

to force employees to take part in cannibalizing sales transactions and threaten and/or punish them for the result of those sales transactions is a kick to the shins.

we are taking damage here.

we're not expecting you guys to just throw money at us. we just need you to be honest with us. we need you to realize the fault in your decisions and not parlay them as an extra effort for us to work harder to fix those bad decisions and threaten us if we don't. we need you to stop making nonstop, huge operations decisions as a means of gaining revenue and instead try to make small, cost-cutting progressions like everyone else. we need you to stop throwing useless merchandise into the stores that will just be T&D'd in a year, if they're lucky to have such a shelf life.

we don't want to feel like merchandise that can just be T&D'd and replaced. we understand that this is the reality BUT treating us THAT way does no good for the company in the end.

Blockbusterstore482
July 10th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Ebenonce put it beautifully: no shit the stores are holding the company back!

of course they want us to sell something that hurts the stores if it helps the company a lot more!

these ideas are fairly obvious but to be told otherwise by leaders and management is a huge slap in the face.

to expect employees to take part in cannibalizing sales transactions without no incentive is a punch in the gut.

to force employees to take part in cannibalizing sales transactions and threaten and/or punish them for the result of those sales transactions is a kick to the shins.

we are taking damage here.

we're not expecting you guys to just throw money at us. we just need you to be honest with us. we need you to realize the fault in your decisions and not parlay them as an extra effort for us to work harder to fix those bad decisions and threaten us if we don't. we need you to stop making nonstop, huge operations decisions as a means of gaining revenue and instead try to make small, cost-cutting progressions like everyone else. we need you to stop throwing useless merchandise into the stores that will just be T&D'd in a year, if they're lucky to have such a shelf life.

we don't want to feel like merchandise that can just be T&D'd and replaced. we understand that this is the reality BUT treating us THAT way does no good for the company in the end.

Problem is you never believe. Just like right now, read your post I tell you otherwise, but you do not believe me. Where bad decisions made in the past? Yes, we could all name a ton of them. What do you want? Do you want someone to get on the MOTW and say hey we made a mistake, not buying the other guys when we had the chance? That we got started late in online? We are saying this.

Force employees to to cannibalizing sales transaction? Its called changing with the times. What do you think would happen to everyone in the Home Office if there were no stores? We wouldnt have jobs.

Cost cutting...I gotten flamed on here before, but you have no idea we cut 500+ million bucks from our cost over a 2 year period. Those of us left at the home office do the work that 7 people use to do. You dont want to know how many hours we work, because the perception is we set on our butts and do nothing. I have excepted that, though its not true.

"threaten and/or punish them for the result of those sales transactions is a kick to the shins."----This was addressed on the MOTW. Message from HQ was clear, it is not HQ policy to make people give up a day off, or get threaten to hit a sales target. Does it still happen? Yea. Let us know, we will fix it.

Why do we want hurt stores? We fight for them everyday, and I mean everyday. It is the job of HQ to make Operations decisions that drives revenue, thats what we are there for, to help you make your store make money.

Do I like healtastic in the store? No, not really. Do I like the other Gen Merch in the store? Most of it, I do. It relates and makes money.

If we didnt have a massive debt load, everyone would get a raise and we would do incentives. We are looking for the money to do this now. Its not easy to find money, but we are looking every where we can. Once we are out of this patch we will be a much better company.

What do you think I do all day at work? I am just curious what all of you think. I mean you guys fame the crap out of HQ on here, if you REALLY only knew the ones that of us are left, love Blockbuster. We love the stores, that is where we came from. I am not alone here, my coworkers feel the same way. Most of the get on this site and read and wish they could post like I do, but there can be no more new accounts.

Look at our Executive line up and let me know what part of HQ Operations wants you to close.

We have Store Operations, Digital and Vending, and Online. Three different groups all working on the same mission, to bring the company into the future. Why would Store Operations want stores to close?

I am done with my long winded spill. I will say again I fully understand how you feel, even if you do not believe me.

zooworker
July 10th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Working for a company where the ceo gets a huge bonus and no one else gets anything. That's rubbing it in .....
It's like being on a plantation, Head guy gives the orders and the RDO's and DM's break out the whips. Someone needs to let up and try to give the employees some kind of break. Even a pat on the back would help.( I remember when the RDO used to send out awards just printed on paper, those made an employee feel good). And it needs to be done soon, because the company may be in massive debt but it is going to self destruct within itself. And sorry I really don't see the company being able to bale itself out, even with all the massive cuts and strangling the stores on labor just isn't gonna make it.

Blockbusterstore482
July 10th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Working for a company where the ceo gets a huge bonus and no one else gets anything. That's rubbing it in .....
It's like being on a plantation, Head guy gives the orders and the RDO's and DM's break out the whips. Someone needs to let up and try to give the employees some kind of break. Even a pat on the back would help.( I remember when the RDO used to send out awards just printed on paper, those made an employee feel good). And it needs to be done soon, because the company may be in massive debt but it is going to self destruct within itself. And sorry I really don't see the company being able to bale itself out, even with all the massive cuts and strangling the stores on labor just isn't gonna make it.

I hope you are wrong on this one. I agree more needs to be done to give employee pats on the back.

zooworker
July 10th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I hope you are wrong on this one. I agree more needs to be done to give employee pats on the back.
By saying hope, means your not really sure if I am. Go out in the feild. And I don't mean where you live, around the country and talk to the employees.

Blockbusterstore482
July 10th, 2010, 09:26 PM
By saying hope, means your not really sure if I am. Go out in the feild. And I don't mean where you live, around the country and talk to the employees.

I actually do, it become part of my job at the beginning of the year. You might be surprised that Dallas does not have the happiest employees in the chain. After all the "evil HQ" is down the street from them and they have the same stress, if not a little more than the rest of the country.

When I was saying hope, I was referencing your last sentence in your post.

zooworker
July 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I actually do, it become part of my job at the beginning of the year. You might be surprised that Dallas does not have the happiest employees in the chain. After all the "evil HQ" is down the street from them and they have the same stress, if not a little more than the rest of the country.

When I was saying hope, I was referencing your last sentence in your post.
Gotcha.............:cool:

BUYMECAR
July 10th, 2010, 10:17 PM
i apologize if you feel that was directed to you and your sector. i meant the management in general. i don't think you sit on your ass all day.

but the fact that i had to create a thread and complain over and over about receipt paper is pretty outrageous. when a company wants to save money in a crisis, i would hope the first solution usually isn't "sell more with all this merch that rental customers won't buy anyway and/or thieves WILL constantly try to steal" or "get rid of higher wages". i would, instead, hope that the company would look for the simplest cost-cutting measures such as, hmm, i dunno, paper! maybe even... utilities and services. perhaps even matching depleted hours with less non-value added in-store tasks/projects.

but most importantly, we want the full truth. you've told many of us here information you weren't supposed to. why won't they just tell us? there are so many questions we can't answer for customers. it's bad enough that we disappoint them for this or that, but when we can't give them an explanation for their disappointments? there's no way to justify all the changes within the last two years alone that have scared our customers away for good.

DavidNewlySL
July 10th, 2010, 11:11 PM
well buymeacar they arent listening..because real soon..the rent 5 get the 6th one free..will now print as a coupon as well..just like the monthly one..and there is only once chance to reprint if it doesn't correctly..so there is more waste of paper and much more unhappier customers.

wheresmikey
July 10th, 2010, 11:56 PM
one step forward, two steps back.

Blockbusterstore482
July 11th, 2010, 06:56 AM
i apologize if you feel that was directed to you and your sector. i meant the management in general. i don't think you sit on your ass all day.

but the fact that i had to create a thread and complain over and over about receipt paper is pretty outrageous. when a company wants to save money in a crisis, i would hope the first solution usually isn't "sell more with all this merch that rental customers won't buy anyway and/or thieves WILL constantly try to steal" or "get rid of higher wages". i would, instead, hope that the company would look for the simplest cost-cutting measures such as, hmm, i dunno, paper! maybe even... utilities and services. perhaps even matching depleted hours with less non-value added in-store tasks/projects.

but most importantly, we want the full truth. you've told many of us here information you weren't supposed to. why won't they just tell us? there are so many questions we can't answer for customers. it's bad enough that we disappoint them for this or that, but when we can't give them an explanation for their disappointments? there's no way to justify all the changes within the last two years alone that have scared our customers away for good.

No need to apolgize. I do work in the Home Office, I do help make some of these choices you all hate.

The receipt tape issue got raised to me on the Employee Council call last week and is being addressed. In the meantime your DM can place an order through store support for you. BTW...this is a problem that has a quick solution so hang in there.

When you refer to paper do you mean morning paperwork? We just worked to reduce that and save over $500k a year. This was my project so if there is more we can get rid of let me know. If its not working right I need to know that too. All I have heard is good feedback on it.

If it is receipt tape, we are working on a program where customer can get receipt emailed to them.

As far is the information I give you, I am actually extremely careful. I give you information that should be "public store knowledge" I think the disconect is that the Home Office does not know what all questions that you have. We have become very transparent over the past year with our staff and this will continue. If you have question get a lits. As long as they are not $$$ related I will answer here, otherwise I would have to call you at your store.

I hope this helps.

katiebell
July 11th, 2010, 07:00 AM
the rent 5 get the 6th one free..will now print as a coupon as well..just like the monthly one..and there is only once chance to reprint if it doesn't correctly..so there is more waste of paper and much more unhappier customers.

All though I agree as a business with this move, It will save the company "Millions" of dollars by customers either forgetting or loosing this coupon.

Who cares that we as store employees will get cursed at and called names because of this decision alone? Adding more stress, decreased moral, and Customer Care calls because without the coupon we cannot give the free rental that the customer was entitled to. I know I don't have time being alone all day to research each reward customer account to see if they are eligible for their free rental.

The DM saying "use your best customer service skills" doesn't cut it anymore. What are my "best customer service skills" anyway? If I don't have a coupon in my daily envelope to back up the credit given then I will be written up or fired for coupon abuse.

In my opinion this will just be another nail in our coffin because of customer dissatification. Who is HQ trying to make happy?

Blockbusterstore482
July 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM
well buymeacar they arent listening..because real soon..the rent 5 get the 6th one free..will now print as a coupon as well..just like the monthly one..and there is only once chance to reprint if it doesn't correctly..so there is more waste of paper and much more unhappier customers.

Here is another thing that is misunderstood. We are actually trying to raise redemptions on this coupon and use it to get more people to come back into the store again. Remember the more email addresses you all collect the faster we can get to an email solution for receipts.

This program is all about the customer. Get them back in your store.

abhorrent scowl
July 11th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I believe that we are almost over this rough patch.

Ok, not trying to be sarcastic here, but do you really think "rough patch" is an accurate description of our current situation? A bad quarter or two is a rough patch. Teetering on the brink of bankruptcy, being delisted on the NYSE, no raises for years, struggling to get basic supplies... I would respectfully suggest that calling this a "rough patch" is wishful thinking.

Because of this, the idea that we sill soon be "over this" is also hard to believe. With the crippling amount of debt that we have, the plummeting of the stock, dealying debt payments, and the fierce competition, getting "over" this is going to be a herculean task. I'm not saying the stores will close tomorrow, but a return to profitability isn't going to happen in the short term.

#1Force employees to to cannibalizing sales transaction? Its called changing with the times. What do you think would happen to everyone in the Home Office if there were no stores? We wouldnt have jobs.

#2Do I like healtastic in the store? No, not really. Do I like the other Gen Merch in the store? Most of it, I do. It relates and makes money.

#3If we didnt have a massive debt load, everyone would get a raise and we would do incentives. We are looking for the money to do this now. Its not easy to find money, but we are looking every where we can. Once we are out of this patch we will be a much better company.

#1 Unfortunately, changing with the times means fewer stores. Not "no" stores. Fewer. As I have posted before, yeah, it's obvious that's the way things are moving. And again I say, can you really expect us to be enthusiastic about pushing a service that makes the stores less relavent?

#2 Is this like the bears selling in Dallas? Because honestly, here's what I see that sells (in our store): framed art, HDMI cables, SD cards, and Scene It games (on clearance). The rest collects dust or is found shoved under a shelf in the kids section. We may not pay to stock it, but it takes space away from things that just might sell.

#3 This one is rhetorical. I don't expect you to respond. But it's hard to claim poverty to your employees when those at the top accept 6 figure bonuses in a time when you have delay a scheduled debt payment. The message is: incentive for him - yes! Incentive for the rest of you - not so much. Does he understand the effect on morale that this has? I feel like a French peasant listening to the "let them eat cake" speech.

Again, this is not directed at you personally. But that is the mood in the trenches.

I am not alone here, my coworkers feel the same way. Most of the get on this site and read and wish they could post like I do, but there can be no more new accounts.

They can now
http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10432

DavidNewlySL
July 11th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Here is another thing that is misunderstood. We are actually trying to raise redemptions on this coupon and use it to get more people to come back into the store again. Remember the more email addresses you all collect the faster we can get to an email solution for receipts.

No sir..i did not misunderstand..most of the customers ask if this is stored on their account because they dont want to lose the coupon..increase visits? They already rented 5 movies in that 30 day period lol...dont u think they will be back for their 6th movie? Just a thought....most of the people complain because the non new release reciept prints..they want that in the computer as well..

I just think if you were really listening, you would see that the customer is happier if all the free rentals are stores in the computer as apposed to dragging around a reciept with a barcode on it. I will be losing customers because of this.

almondSM
July 11th, 2010, 11:50 AM
personally, i just LOVE the fact that this was introduced to stores the FIRST week the drive was over. So after "we keep track of how many rentals until you get a free one" was used to entice people into signing up for the rewards, i will ONCE AGAIN...insert foot in mouth.

abhorrent scowl
July 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM

The thing is, those customers already were back in the store. And now we've made it just a little bit harder to get that free rental. Even if we do have their email, they need to remember to bring that coupon in. Forgetting it is already a frequent occurance with the monthly NNR coupon if they get it sent to them.

And no matter how much we promise they won't get spammed as a result of giving us their email, I see that "yeah, right" look in their eyes whenever I ask.

Flantanella
July 11th, 2010, 03:57 PM

What a load of crap. You are seriously no better then the asshole DM's and RDO's that still have jobs and get rid of good people

Sell TA and give them a coupon to come back to the store. A TA cares only about the exchanges he has and not about rewards, movie passes , presales or bundles you have to offer.

Please tell me how you would like for me to prove it? You are right I am a company man. I love Blockbuster. To me there is nothing better than a Blockbuster Store. So please let me know.

I tell you what here is the deal .. you give me the chance to speak to Wanda my former DM and Kevin from LP, which i am sure someone of your situation can do. I will be gone from this site. I wont be here anymore to reply to your posts or anyone elses that loves BBV. However if you dont do it, I will be here everyday calling you out. You decide

Its a shame that we do not know each other, you would know better. I started as a CSR, I was in the store when we launched Online. I know the pressure that is applied. If none of us cared there would not be a future.

I am truly sorry that you feel this way. I am okay with being bashed, I used to do the same thing, until I got to the Home Office and I realized how much people do care. However I do understand why you do not believe that.

No they dont, seriously cut the bullshit of how BBV is such a caring company. The main guys tell the RDO's to make sales goals, then pass it to the DM's , then its passed to us. We either make the goal or be terminated. And the fun fact is even if we do make the goal. WE STILL GET INVESTIGATED by LP for possible fraud use.

TheAnomaly
July 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
The problem I see with the new Rewards coupon? A lot of our loyal rewards customers plan their visits around their free rentals. They'll sometimes rent an extra movie or two so they can get their free game rental that day. What are we supposed to say to them now? "Oh, sorry. Your coupon isn't good until your next visit."? (Though I'm sure most of us would just do the game as a separate transaction even though we're "not supposed to.")

Will we now be able to untotal rewards accounts if they've earned a free rental and want to add/change something?

A thought. Since there must be some sort of "flag" in the program that checks whether or not there is a free rental available, would there be a way to make the free rental a generic barcode that checks if their account is flagged? (Is the rewards account balance still going to say whether or not they have a free rental available? If so, it'd be an easy enough logic check.)

Then if they lose their coupon (or throw it away without looking at it like they do with their receipts), we would have one they could use, and it would only work if they legitimately had a free rental available. We often have to use the generic monthly coupons for customer service issues like that, so it'd be nice to have some sort of generic backup at least? And they wouldn't be able to abuse it, since the account would be unflagged once they're out of free rentals.

Other than that, I don't mind the receipt coupon too much. I completely understand the "get them to come back again" logic, and it'll prevent people from "accidentally" using it on an overnight rental.

Ninja
July 11th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Do you know how many people's eyes light up when they're getting four movies and a game and the game is free...(people who don't know they're getting a free one).

enough.

Why change something that works. So they can come back and we bug them AGAIn for a candy bundle?

KAWLIGA
July 11th, 2010, 08:11 PM
What a load of crap. You are seriously no better then the asshole DM's and RDO's that still have jobs and get rid of good people

Sell TA and give them a coupon to come back to the store. A TA cares only about the exchanges he has and not about rewards, movie passes , presales or bundles you have to offer.

I tell you what here is the deal .. you give me the chance to speak to Wanda my former DM and Kevin from LP, which i am sure someone of your situation can do. I will be gone from this site. I wont be here anymore to reply to your posts or anyone elses that loves BBV. However if you dont do it, I will be here everyday calling you out. You decide

No they dont, seriously cut the bullshit of how BBV is such a caring company. The main guys tell the RDO's to make sales goals, then pass it to the DM's , then its passed to us. We either make the goal or be terminated. And the fun fact is even if we do make the goal. WE STILL GET INVESTIGATED by LP for possible fraud use.

"Flantanella" is my new favorite poster on this site...
Finally...someone has the balls to call it like it is.....(bitches)

DavidNewlySL
July 11th, 2010, 08:35 PM
lol wow flantella when kaw likes you..you must be something special..do i need to be a complete and total douche bag to be liked as well?

sar94pga
July 11th, 2010, 08:39 PM
No sir..i did not misunderstand..most of the customers ask if this is stored on their account because they dont want to lose the coupon..increase visits? They already rented 5 movies in that 30 day period lol...dont u think they will be back for their 6th movie? Just a thought....most of the people complain because the non new release reciept prints..they want that in the computer as well..

I just think if you were really listening, you would see that the customer is happier if all the free rentals are stores in the computer as apposed to dragging around a reciept with a barcode on it. I will be losing customers because of this.

yeah i am not a fan of this either. i read that communication and the only word that went through my head was "credit".

we already have an envelope for the bsi coupons that get left behind. i guess we will have to start another one.

rewards customers ARE our active members. we need to do something for our splitters or to get the casual renters. not piss off the people who paid for the right to get that free rental when they have earned it. not get hassled at the counter when they don't have their coupon. STUPID. REAL STUPID.

Paradigm
July 11th, 2010, 10:00 PM
yeah i am not a fan of this either. i read that communication and the only word that went through my head was "credit".

Yep. Same. All I saw was "People will throw a fit, and now you have two huge things hitting your rental credit budget, ADR credits, and "I forgot my coupon!" credits"

Jesus I can't wait until the end of this week, I'll be out at my new job!

BUYMECAR
July 11th, 2010, 10:49 PM

see, THAT is exactly what i am talking about!

we need you to realize the fault in your decisions and not parlay them as an extra effort for us to work harder to fix those bad decisions and threaten us if we don't.

a bad decision is made, in this case, coupon redemption for EARNED free rentals. then what do you say?

"hey, just try it out! make sure to annoy customers and update emails on accounts and this bad decision is fixed!"

and when hardly anyone follows through on something that is time-consuming yet brings no value to neither customer nor TNR?

"this is your fault! all we're asking you to do is give customers more hassle at check-out. do it or die!"

i don't care how many studies you have or have not done, this coupon idea is DUMB.

if you really want to help customers feel like they're part of a rewarding membership, then extend the earned rental availability to 3 months after the current month (though, when does a customer NOT use a rental within the next month?) and extend the amount of earned free rentals (this is LONG overdue! i have customers who pay for 10+ rentals on top of the 10 that earned them their maximum of 2 free rentals whom prefer not to rent BSI and i constantly have to disappoint them with the fact that they can only have 2 per month).

djblade
July 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM
see, THAT is exactly what i am talking about!

a bad decision is made, in this case, coupon redemption for EARNED free rentals. then what do you say?

"hey, just try it out! make sure to annoy customers and update emails on accounts and this bad decision is fixed!"

and when hardly anyone follows through on something so negligible?

"this is your fault! all we're asking you to do is give customers more hassle at check-out. do it or die!"

i don't care how many studies you have or have not done, this coupon idea is DUMB.

How about we make this a sales goal! You have to get has many email addresses as you can per shift. Maybe 3-4 per shift lol

djblade
July 11th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Also Blockbusterstore482

A big heads sup, taking NFL Madden 2011 presales as an only focus isn't a smart idea. I remember last year that the company went crazy over Madden 2010 and other employees can back me up on this. All this company wanted was madden presales (big push for 2-3weeks) and the end result were, All those preorder units didn't get sold! about 40-50% were picked up. You guys were pissed. That's when you guys told us to open the new Madden games and transfer them to rentals. Also DM kept track of employee's accounts on preorders. I say you guys shouldn't expect a huge amount of preorders on Madden 2011 this year. Focus more on 2 or more titles each month (popular titles). I hope you guys are getting ready for huge titles that can help the company just like Modern Warfare 2 did. In September, Halo Reach comes out! A HUGE TITLE like Modern Warfare 2.

TheShooter87
July 12th, 2010, 04:52 AM
or theyll do like they did to us, and not send us enough copies for rent, so we have to take our unsold presales and convert them to rentals after the release day, and THEN when the customers come in on payday to get the presale they are understandably upset

deathbydanny
July 12th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with a rewards revamping. Okay, or you could structure it. Give them a $10 rewards that is exactly as is. Then offer a $20 rewards card that expands on that. Say, their monthly coupon works for new release and games as well as bsi. Don't limit the $20 card to two freebies a month. Most people I sold rewards to are willing to spend more cash if they get the occasional freebie. How many rewards customers did we all have stop at ten because after tgat, their apecial card turns into a regular card?

Also, since everyone knows late fees are bullshit, and blockbuster is turning into a flea market, why not be honest about it? 'We may cost more than Netflix, but its also going towards paying people to man this store."

TheAnomaly
July 12th, 2010, 03:45 PM
A big heads sup, taking NFL Madden 2011 presales as an only focus isn't a smart idea. I remember last year that the company went crazy over Madden 2010 and other employees can back me up on this. All this company wanted was madden presales (big push for 2-3weeks) and the end result were, All those preorder units didn't get sold! about 40-50% were picked up. You guys were pissed. That's when you guys told us to open the new Madden games and transfer them to rentals. Also DM kept track of employee's accounts on preorders. I say you guys shouldn't expect a huge amount of preorders on Madden 2011 this year. Focus more on 2 or more titles each month (popular titles). I hope you guys are getting ready for huge titles that can help the company just like Modern Warfare 2 did. In September, Halo Reach comes out! A HUGE TITLE like Modern Warfare 2.

I know you want Madden because it's a major release, and it comes out before our new debt payment date, but people don't think Blockbuster when they go to preorder their games.

The $5 giftcard is definitely a step in the right direction. But, especially with Madden, other stores are giving more. Amazon is giving a $20 gaming credit with Madden presales. Gamestops giving away 2000 Madden coins (used in game with the team builder or something), and you get a discount if you trade in last years.

I think if we get customers in the habit of buying games from us, they'll keep coming back. Only asking about one game once/twice a year doesn't help. There are a number of upcoming games people are gonna want to buy. Halo, of course. The new Fallout? Another Call of Duty? Force Unleashed 2? They're all on our preorder list. But we have no reason to sell them, since they aren't Madden.

(Speaking of football, anyone else not get their rental NCAAs today? Are we getting those tomorrow last minute or are they waiting til Friday?)

I just think we're better off asking open-ended questions. "Which upcoming game did you want to reserve today?" vs "Hey! Wanna throw $5 down on the new Madden? It's gonna be super cool!"

(Oh, and a way to put more money towards a presale'd be nice.)

Blockbusterstore482
July 12th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Also Blockbusterstore482

Great feedback on the games. Rest assure we are not putting on the money on Madden. We got some really great games coming out this Q4. Though the Madden thing was bad last year, at least we learned it is okay to transfer new to rental.

Blockbusterstore482
July 12th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with a rewards revamping. Okay, or you could structure it. Give them a $10 rewards that is exactly as is. Then offer a $20 rewards card that expands on that. Say, their monthly coupon works for new release and games as well as bsi. Don't limit the $20 card to two freebies a month. Most people I sold rewards to are willing to spend more cash if they get the occasional freebie. How many rewards customers did we all have stop at ten because after tgat, their apecial card turns into a regular card?

Also, since everyone knows late fees are bullshit, and blockbuster is turning into a flea market, why not be honest about it? 'We may cost more than Netflix, but its also going towards paying people to man this store."

Good idea. What would the 20 vs. the 10 look like to you?

Blockbusterstore482
July 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I know you want Madden because it's a major release, and it comes out before our new debt payment date, but people don't think Blockbuster when they go to preorder their games.

The $5 giftcard is definitely a step in the right direction. But, especially with Madden, other stores are giving more. Amazon is giving a $20 gaming credit with Madden presales. Gamestops giving away 2000 Madden coins (used in game with the team builder or something), and you get a discount if you trade in last years.
I didnt know about the Gamestop give away, is it on their website?

I think if we get customers in the habit of buying games from us, they'll keep coming back. Only asking about one game once/twice a year doesn't help. There are a number of upcoming games people are gonna want to buy. Halo, of course. The new Fallout? Another Call of Duty? Force Unleashed 2? They're all on our preorder list. But we have no reason to sell them, since they aren't Madden.
The Rock The Block Game stores focus on all the Games that are coming out. They have become a place to think of when you presale a game.
(Speaking of football, anyone else not get their rental NCAAs today? Are we getting those tomorrow last minute or are they waiting til Friday?)
Call store support, I got two calls on this today.

I just think we're better off asking open-ended questions. "Which upcoming game did you want to reserve today?" vs "Hey! Wanna throw $5 down on the new Madden? It's gonna be super cool!"
Agree 100%.

(Oh, and a way to put more money towards a presale'd be nice.)

Comments in red above...maybe

Blockbusterstore482
July 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=wheresmikey;323056]one step forward, two steps back.[
/QUOTE]
So the receipt tape issue was taken care of today. Whoever gets schedule to order this week can order up to 2 cases.