PDA

View Full Version : another i hate bbv site?

Ninja
July 18th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Www.blockbustershareholders.com

I'm at work so can't post much...check it out.

empbal
July 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Those are all of the people that used to post on the finance.yahoo.com BBI board. When BBI's stock got delisted, all of that got removed so they had nowhere to go. That board was hundreds of times more active than this board, but it's from the perspective of shareholders, not employees.

Ninja
July 18th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I realize that! We should band together and do the classic village ppl chasing after the monster

Ghost of AtlanticVamp
July 18th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Those are all of the people that used to post on the finance.yahoo.com BBI board. When BBI's stock got delisted, all of that got removed so they had nowhere to go. That board was hundreds of times more active than this board, but it's from the perspective of shareholders, not employees.

All I can say is, "NOW you're mad?????"

I mean, fuck, they waited not until the shares were below a dollar, not when they were below fifty cents, not when they were below a quarter, but when they were removed from the stock exchange and they lost their precious message board? Lazy fuckers.

abhorrent scowl
July 18th, 2010, 11:26 AM
There does indeed to be a strong theme of "D'oh, we didn't know it was important to vote" running through much of their posts.
Well, shareholders. You feel fucked over?
Welcome to our world.

That being said, it is rather funny (in a tragic way, that is), that the BOD issued message after message to the shareholder to NOT vote for Meyer (and saying virtually nothing about the importance of the reverse stock split), and then going ahead and giving him a seat anyway.

Flantanella
July 18th, 2010, 03:55 PM
All I can say is, "NOW you're mad?????"

I mean, fuck, they waited not until the shares were below a dollar, not when they were below fifty cents, not when they were below a quarter, but when they were removed from the stock exchange and they lost their precious message board? Lazy fuckers.

They dont seem to like posts with that question. And they want answers

lol

redfay
July 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I don't understand why they're upset...

It's not like they're going to make money off of our shares anyway.

muhlan
July 18th, 2010, 09:45 PM
The message board is still there. So the site has nothing to do with a lost message board. It is about the same thing employees are complaining about: being pissed of by management and its selfish attitude.

Meltdown
July 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I did. Used my Scott Trade account to short a shitload of shares when it was trading at about 90 cents. Covered my short position when it dropped to 24 cents. I made enough to pay for my schooling and have enough left over to survive comfortably until 15 months after those classes are complete based on my current financial burn rate.

I love capitalism.

I don't understand why they're upset...

It's not like they're going to make money off of our shares anyway.

empbal
July 19th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I did. Used my Scott Trade account to short a shitload of shares when it was trading at about 90 cents. Covered my short position when it dropped to 24 cents. I made enough to pay for my schooling and have enough left over to survive comfortably until 15 months after those classes are complete based on my current financial burn rate.

I love capitalism.

I wanted to short at about $1.25, but was worried it'd be illegal since I work there as an SL.

Meltdown
July 19th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Nope. As long as you aren't the CFO or don't have access to other insider information, it's perfectly legal.

I did my short sale while I was a store manager based on publically available information. All legit according to SEC rules.

I shorted it again at 20 cents. It's currently at 11.5 as of this writing. When it hits 10 I'll cover the short and make another pile of money from BBV's shitty stock. I'll give it a week and see what happens. I don't want my margin account to get eaten up with fees.

Of course, bankruptcy would be my preference since there would be no short position to cover as the stock would go to zero and become worthless, providing me with even more profits.

I love capitalism.

I wanted to short at about $1.25, but was worried it'd be illegal since I work there as an SL.

Ghost of AtlanticVamp
July 19th, 2010, 01:44 PM

Yeah, nothing like a little insider trading to fuck up your life. :p

Meltdown
July 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Yes...but a garden variety store employee doesn't qualify.

Illegal insider trading refers generally to buying or selling a security, in breach of a fiduciary duty or other relationship of trust and confidence, while in possession of material, nonpublic information about the security.

This was taken directly from the SEC's website.

Now...if Keyes on the MOTW said that in a month the company is going to go bankrupt AND said that this information wasn't public AND an employee acted on it, that wouldn't be kosher at all.

However, the store employees only have access to the financial performance of their own stores which isn't the same as non-published material info about the entire company.

I agree that it's better to be safe than sorry, but in this case trading done by store employees falls well outside of the insider trading rules.

Yeah, nothing like a little insider trading to fuck up your life. :p

BUYMECAR
July 19th, 2010, 04:03 PM
yeah it's not insider trading.

it's more alike having belief in the company you work for, and i sure as hell don't have that.

Flantanella
July 20th, 2010, 11:37 PM
lol wow it seems they wont let me post there anymore. When they let the idiot ruin the company and get rid of good people ... And now they want to fight

zooworker
July 24th, 2010, 01:23 PM
lol wow it seems they wont let me post there anymore.
Gee....I wonder why....

Flantanella
July 24th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Gee....I wonder why....

What a shocker, defending the guys didnt do a damn thing about keyes , and now are bitching about the result.

zooworker
July 24th, 2010, 03:31 PM
What a shocker, defending the guys didnt do a damn thing about keyes , and now are bitching about the result.
There we go again...........

Flantanella
July 24th, 2010, 03:35 PM
yep here we go again........