PDA

View Full Version : I did my part!

A Dirty Pocket
March 25th, 2011, 05:20 AM
So, yesterday I participated in the 2nd round of interviews for the Jedi Council. It was a very interesting experience, and I thought I'd share what I came away with!

1.) We need effective use of labor, with our very best and most exciting employees working every peak shift. (13 of 14 people on the call agreed)

Is it just me, or haven't we already been doing that for...idk...lets say the past 10 years....

2.)The Rewards program must be reworked to give more customers free product. The ONLY way we can improve customer loyalty is with FREE TOYS!
(OMG THANK YOU to whoever it was that posted the "Downfall of Blockbuster" video on Youtube, I have shared that with every other employee I know, and it has been a bacon of hope these past few weeks)

3.)Finally, WE HAVE THE SOLUTION TO SAVE THE COMPANY!

wait for it....

MANDATORY THEME WEEKENDS! We must all dress up as special movie characters to improve revenue. It will work because:

It will improve revenue by increasing employee excitement!
It will improve revenue by increasing customer humor. (They'll be laughing too hard to say no to my TA)
It will improve revenue by reducing the payroll of each store by at least 1 employee.

Starting immediately store's will be required to create a Smurf's Theme Weekend. Use the rest of that Blue paint you have from Avatar to create an army of Smurfetts. WE WILL SAVE THE COMPANY!

BlockbusterLuvsU
March 25th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I'm guessing you didn't feel like it went very well?

zooworker
March 25th, 2011, 02:15 PM
So, yesterday I participated in the 2nd round of interviews for the Jedi Council. It was a very interesting experience, and I thought I'd share what I came away with!

1.) We need effective use of labor, with our very best and most exciting employees working every peak shift. (13 of 14 people on the call agreed)

Is it just me, or haven't we already been doing that for...idk...lets say the past 10 years....

2.)The Rewards program must be reworked to give more customers free product. The ONLY way we can improve customer loyalty is with FREE TOYS!
(OMG THANK YOU to whoever it was that posted the "Downfall of Blockbuster" video on Youtube, I have shared that with every other employee I know, and it has been a bacon of hope these past few weeks)

wait for it....

MANDATORY THEME WEEKENDS! We must all dress up as special movie characters to improve revenue. It will work because:

It will improve revenue by increasing customer humor. (They'll be laughing too hard to say no to my TA)
It will improve revenue by reducing the payroll of each store by at least 1 employee.

Starting immediately store's will be required to create a Smurf's Theme Weekend. Use the rest of that Blue paint you have from Avatar to create an army of Smurfetts. WE WILL SAVE THE COMPANY!
1, your right , they have been practicing this for many years
2, they used to give away toys to kids for everykid movie rented, (50% got put in the dumpster
3, So who is passing the crack pipe on this one

This goes to show you the idiots are still running the company, can't anyone be serious?

HelloItsMeMOM
March 25th, 2011, 04:00 PM
1. It is true but you really should just keep the best at this point.

2. I did that and made a killing off of it. Blockbuster actually copied ME.. ha ha ... they just got it a bit wrong .... there is more to it than just handing out a toy ....

3. I am just ... speechless ... lol ...

4. I actually have ideas that would grow the business and make it fun. Maybe I will share if they survive after the dust settles.

Kreen-Akrore
March 25th, 2011, 04:10 PM

wait for it....

Bacon of hope...
I think by that typo you have found another way to save the company.

Free Bacon,
and next month the item of the week will be, Bacon wrapped Pickles, I can see the money rushing in now.

A Dirty Pocket
March 25th, 2011, 05:31 PM
oh, bacon wasn't a typo. I'd rather have bacon than a beacon. :)

BUYMECAR
March 25th, 2011, 06:06 PM
lol i'm assuming the connection between mandatory theme weekends and the reduction in payroll is, well, the guarantee that someone will not want to put their own time and money into humiliating themselves for a company that is already a laughing stock.

oh yeah, gotta get rid of the people who come to work to MAKE PERSONAL PROFIT.

i'm a very dark-skinned person, so i'd have to buy a good amount of blue paint to fit the smurf standard.

Spohiesmom2008
March 25th, 2011, 06:38 PM

wait for it....

Wow. I'm glad I am out in a couple of weeks. We have done this before or yes are doing it. Business as usual will result in the utter demise of this company in all reality it already has. Rewards should have never NOT been our main focus. It is a fantastic program and when we moved away from it to the in store passes was the start of the end. In store passes great idea but as usual there were goals and drives and threats instead of balance and customer needs. I thought candy bundles were supposed to save us!

justme83yo
March 25th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I am SO glad I was not on your call.

KAWLIGA
March 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
mmm...bacon....

HelloItsMeMOM
March 25th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Bacon wrapped in chocolate.

DAMN >>>>

BlockbusterLuvsU
March 25th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I am SO glad I was not on your call.

Which one were you on?

CoffeeCup
March 25th, 2011, 08:54 PM
If ever the company forces you all to dress up like Alice in Wonderland characters and hand out Justin Bieber keychains to children on weekends, PLEASE send pictures, i will pay you.

djblade
March 25th, 2011, 10:01 PM
LOL This thread reminds me of the south park version of the smurfs

http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s13e13-dances-with-smurfs

OzMan
March 26th, 2011, 12:01 AM
4. I actually have ideas that would grow the business and make it fun. Maybe I will share if they survive after the dust settles.

Don't tease them, Mum2k. We both know you would NEVER do that :D

its_me_ASM69
March 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM

wait for it....

Wow! THE NUT FINALLY CRACKED!!!!! Are they fkn SERIOUS with this shit??? O and they will be laughing all the way out the door, to redbox across the street, where there IS NO embarrassment! And just when I get feeling nostalgic about my job, another brain cell at corporate bites the dust. And I remember WHY I'm so fkn glad I'm not there anymore!! And is there a smurf movie coming out? Because uhhh are the smurfs even relevent to this time period? I mean, I think, they were around the 80s generation??? I'm just sayin.......o o but waitttt who gets to play the whore smurfette? Cause I remember baby smurfs and she was the ONLY female, among a shitload of guy smurfs. Guess ill be smurfing along now. ROTFLMAO!!!
:rolleyes:

Propoxy
March 26th, 2011, 01:14 AM
That's kind of disappointing. But not entirely shocking, since the big idea the council was working on referenced on my call was moving the retail to the front of the store. You know, where it was two years ago before we had to move it to the "end of the shopping pattern" where it (predictably) died?

justme83yo
March 26th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Everyone remember: This was the second round of interviews. This is what a group of people talked about to show an example of how they would be on the Jedi Council. The aim was to find out how different people acted, reacted, and what ideas they talked about.

These ideas are NOT becoming official unless these individuals get on the Jedi Council and then promote these ideas then. It's a two part process. So even if they did get on the council, there is the chance that these ideas still will not happen.

Freemason220
March 26th, 2011, 07:04 AM
My reaction probably would have gotten me fired, must less kicked off the council.

something like this...

"You motherfuckers are retarded."

Veruka_Salt
March 26th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Hmmm, I wonder what the costumes will look like for Blue Valentine... ;)

OzMan
March 26th, 2011, 09:53 AM
but waitttt who gets to play the whore smurfette?

The whore Katy Perry, of course :D

And every OTHER 80s movie/tv show is being released. Why not The Smurfs?

underemployed
March 26th, 2011, 10:01 AM
sweet. I can't wait for "giant gummi bear" weekend!

BlockbusterLuvsU
March 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Looks like Propoxy, 83 and I made it to the second round, hopefully we'll all make it to the "American Idol" round (haha).

Hot Head
March 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM

wait for it....

Herion or cocaine comes to mind when I read this.

Hot Head
March 26th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Looks like Propoxy, 83 and I made it to the second round, hopefully we'll all make it to the "American Idol" round (haha).

They all know that there is no compitition when it comes to me :rolleyes: I am pretty much like darth vador...o wait....

zooworker
March 27th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Bacon wrapped in chocolate.

DAMN >>>>
I saw on the travel channel about a Bacon Shop...everything has bacon in it, bacon shakes, bacon brownies, 50%bacon burgers and much more...

And every OTHER 80s movie/tv show is being released. Why not The Smurfs?
According to Robot Chicken the smurfs are sexless, they blurred out their sex parts until papa smurf asked why,

justme83yo
March 27th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I saw on the travel channel about a Bacon Shop...everything has bacon in it, bacon shakes, bacon brownies, 50%bacon burgers and much more...

According to Robot Chicken the smurfs are sexless, they blurred out their sex parts until papa smurf asked why,

Denny's new Maple Bacon Sunday!

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/2011/03/24/maplebaconsundae.jpg

HelloItsMeMOM
March 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I saw that at Denny's last nite .. geez ... LOL

CoffeeCup
March 28th, 2011, 02:10 AM
And people wonder why obesity and diabetes rates are so high in the United States..

Veruka_Salt
March 28th, 2011, 07:22 AM
And people wonder why obesity and diabetes rates are so high in the United States..

Does it come with a side order of fried oreos.

OzMan
March 28th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Does it come with a side order of fried oreos.

It's Denny's.... of course it does.

BlockbusterLuvsU
March 31st, 2011, 09:07 AM
So who here got onto the jedi council?

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 09:37 AM
So who here got onto the jedi council?

I am on the crackhead council which is a step above the jedi council.

psycoma
March 31st, 2011, 09:40 AM
I am on the crackhead council which is a step above the jedi council.

well no wonder every idea that comes down from corporate sounds like it was thought up by someone on drugs....;)

zooworker
March 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM
well no wonder every idea that comes down from corporate sounds like it was thought up by someone on drugs....;)
Hell, it was like that before HOTHEAD got hooked on crack.........;)

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM
Hell, it was like that before HOTHEAD got hooked on crack.........;)

I hussle in my sleep. ;)

zooworker
March 31st, 2011, 10:28 AM
I hussle in my sleep. ;)
Wet dreams??:confused::D

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Wet dreams??:confused::D

More like your wife's wet dream. Guess what I am saying is that I make your wife wet.

BBStoreMgr112233
March 31st, 2011, 11:09 AM
More like your wife's wet dream. Guess what I am saying is that I make your wife wet.

What did you do? Pour water on her?

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 11:16 AM
What did you do? Pour water on her?

Unlike you I can make a woman wet from her just looking at me.

zooworker
March 31st, 2011, 12:44 PM
Unlike you I can make a woman wet from her just looking at me.
NIce , scare her, so she pees herself:D

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 01:37 PM
NIce , scare her, so she pees herself:D

Na its more like spit so I am told...

I will give you a fucking pointer(my opinion)....When your fucking a chick and and she licks her fingures and rubs that against her vag becasue you say she is dry(trick hehehe). You know she is a whore.(thats what the trick is for; to see if she is dateable.)

Or when she spits on your dick. Its sort of like hmmmmmm....how many people have you been with.....to be able to get down like that....I mean I am not complaining but seriously....

BUYMECAR
March 31st, 2011, 01:57 PM
hot head has suddenly transformed into gutter brain.

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 01:58 PM

I am just saying for all your people that get laid like once in a blue moon :o
Those are some signs of major whorage

help me help you ;)

Veruka_Salt
March 31st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Suddenly I'm thinking of the old adage, "More crabs than in the state of Maryland" -- or was that a line from a nursery rhyme?

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Suddenly I'm thinking of the old adage, "More crabs than in the state of Maryland" -- or was that a line from a nursery rhyme?

Nope never an std. Dont be a fool wrap your tool.

Do you honestly think I want some fucking little hot heads running around.

zooworker
March 31st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Do you honestly think I want some fucking little hot heads running around.
God forbid, we wouldn't want that:D

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 02:09 PM

Testosterone its a hell of a hormone.:rolleyes:

zooworker
March 31st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Hothead needs to back of steroids maybe;)

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Hothead needs to back of steroids maybe;)

Cmon summer is coming up got to cut + not loose muscle mass ;)

djblade
March 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Cmon summer is coming up got to cut + not loose muscle mass ;)

I'll be cutting this summer too hahaha :p I bet my physique is better than hot head?

Hot Head
March 31st, 2011, 03:11 PM
I'll be cutting this summer too hahaha :p I bet my physique is better than hot head?

hahahaha lol

OzMan
March 31st, 2011, 04:57 PM

What do you mean, "suddenly"? ;)