PDA

View Full Version : Any communications from Dish network?

Woodstock
April 20th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Last weekend there was a call around from another store that we were expecting a communication from Dish Network through compass and that we were to respond to it ASAP. I check compass every hour, no notice. The next day same thing. We still haven't gotten any communications from Dish or Roger Dunlap (according to you guys, there is one). I was in a somewhat freak out stage tonight, and I printed up the open ASN report. It was four pages long, with movies and supplies and what not. The lack of recieving comm updats makes me wonder if we are closing, yet there is stuff on order????

jeremy piven
April 20th, 2011, 11:08 PM
yep. you will still get magazines and other random assortments sent up until final day.

usually if you're not getting stuff in compass, that is a sign.

the first thing you'll probably notice is product shipments - you either wont get those popular documentary dvds everybody is looking for such as "the cove", and other award winners. just some bulk titles of more mainstream films, but not nearly as many as you would usually receive. and video games pretty much come to a halt, or get dwindled down 90%.

nobody will be up front with you or honest with you, because they want you to stick around at all costs since people need to be there to operate the closing sale. many sketchy answers and responses to come, if any at all. be warned.

GOOD LUCK!

my advice - leave now.

psycoma
April 20th, 2011, 11:44 PM
we didn't get candy shipments for about a month before we got the news but we still got small titles up until the last week we were open for rental(and we already knew by then)

Glass Half Empty
April 21st, 2011, 04:48 AM
Our candy shipments have been interesting- I guess in addition to pickles and heel cream we now are carrying squeezable applesauce containers???? Sell bundles but the last shipment of popcorn singles we got came from a closed store..... I miss Muddy Bears.....

RandalsRevenge
April 21st, 2011, 06:26 AM
Last weekend there was a call around from another store that we were expecting a communication from Dish Network through compass and that we were to respond to it ASAP. I check compass every hour, no notice. The next day same thing. We still haven't gotten any communications from Dish or Roger Dunlap (according to you guys, there is one). I was in a somewhat freak out stage tonight, and I printed up the open ASN report. It was four pages long, with movies and supplies and what not. The lack of recieving comm updats makes me wonder if we are closing, yet there is stuff on order????

If you see ASNs for boxes, no cover art dvds, packing tape and a packing tape dispenser, you're toast.

its_me_ASM69
April 21st, 2011, 06:28 AM
Yeah, open asn will show some stuff, but if you REALLY wanna know, its when you stop getting stuff in box office, and when you see a whole shitload of store to store and DC transfers, that's how I found out. No one bothered to tell me or the rest of the staff either, so I had to let everyone know. So yeah, look for the signs and don't rely on anyone to tell you what's going on because they won't.