PDA

View Full Version : Dead body found behind Blockbuster

PartyGuy
June 10th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Thought I would share this , Seems since the Blockbuster stores are so dead now ! Seems to be the perfect resting spot :D

http://www.ksat.com/news/28193666/detail.html

http://www.kens5.com/news/Body-found-overnight-behind-Blockbuster-store-SAPD-seeks-surveillance-video-123608889.html

sarge
June 10th, 2011, 12:29 PM
This is what happens when you have late fees now.

johnlow71
June 10th, 2011, 12:36 PM
shouldve bought the pickle he was offered.

zooworker
June 10th, 2011, 12:40 PM
We shoot shoplifters!
Maybe they did....

deathbydanny
June 10th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Maybe he got bored waiting for business?

Maybe DMs buckled down and enforce a "sell 5 passes to live this week" rule?

BlockbusterLuvsU
June 10th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Someone was murdered at a Blockbuster! Hilarious! I'm going to make a snide joke about it!

orbitdvd
June 10th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Someone was murdered at a Blockbuster! Hilarious! I'm going to make a snide joke about it!

I will not joke about this good sir, but just point out the cruel irony.

sarge
June 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Yes...here's another one.

The guy heard Blockbuster was changing their rental terms again!

rk237
June 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Humorous as these are, these comments are in pretty poor taste. Somewhere a mother is grieving as I type this. How horrible if a loved one googling for news came across this page and saw a bunch of people making fun of the situation. Given the title of this thread and how it links to several articles, it's not that unlikely.

itirnitii
June 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Hell, could have been committed inside the store during broad daylight and still there would be no witnesses.

djblade
June 10th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Hell, could have been committed inside the store during broad daylight and still there would be no witnesses.

ahhahaha blockbuster cameras won't be any good too. They are only pointing at the registers lol.

Good luck to the cops because Blockbuster doesn't have any cameras outside. Its pretty much a death trap if the employees walks outside

djblade
June 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM
That blond news reporter is kind of HOT :p any comment hothead? She said Blockbuster video! Its actually Blockbuster Media! lol but anyways damn. Dieing outside the local Blockbuster is pretty sad :( I bet he would want to die somewhere much better. That'll make some history at that Blockbuster. One of the employees taking out the trash seeing that spot were the guy got shot at. I hope the DM doesn't use this event as a special attack tic to own it lol

yodavsjason
June 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Damn they finally found Morbid Angel's body behind my old store.

underemployed
June 11th, 2011, 03:45 AM
If it happened inside the store the employees would have asked "Did you shoot that man?" and the shooter would say "no" so they would have to let him walk without calling the police.

zooworker
June 11th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Humorous as these are, these comments are in pretty poor taste. Somewhere a mother is grieving as I type this. How horrible if a loved one googling for news came across this page and saw a bunch of people making fun of the situation. Given the title of this thread and how it links to several articles, it's not that unlikely.
Could have been some drug deal gone wrong, and a crack whores son doing it....lots of that here....

Veruka_Salt
June 12th, 2011, 09:29 AM
The guy was shot to death at 2:30am in a darkened parking lot. I'm not saying he deserved his fate, but he sure wasn't there collecting donations for clean water or food in the third world...

Darkfall28
June 12th, 2011, 10:54 AM
If I had a quarter for every time I held a humanitarian event at 2 am behind a Blockbuster near a dumpster.......... ;) Man, I'd be rich.

Propoxy
June 12th, 2011, 06:23 PM
The guy was shot to death at 2:30am in a darkened parking lot. I'm not saying he deserved his fate, but he sure wasn't there collecting donations for clean water or food in the third world...
He was still a human being whose death shouldn't be used for joke fodder on an internet message board. I mean, criminals have families that love them, too.

And that's making an assumption that this was a criminal. There are any number of reasons he may have been out at 2:30, particularly in a big city. He could have been walking home from his night job, or he had to make a run to the convenience store. Who knows?

Sorry. I don't mean to make a big deal out of it or have it look like I'm attacking you. I just think there should be a little more sensitivity overall. :(

Veruka_Salt
June 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I don't feel you're attacking me, so I don't take it personally. And while I understand what you're saying (in theory), I also disagree (in the practical world). But that's cool, we're still family. :)

Ninja
June 13th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Poor taste or not...this is probably pretty accurate :\

TelePizza
June 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
This isn't the only time this has ever happened. About 10 years ago when I was a CSR, we found a dead guy in his car in the parking lot. The detective said that he had apparently been dead since Thursday. It was Sunday when we found him. He was slumped so far down in his seat, it looked like the car was empty. I felt bad for the detective. It was summer time, the car was parked in direct sunlight and the windows had been rolled up.

Oh, I almost forgot another one. Right before my store closed and we were all let go, a cashier in the cafeteria in our shopping center (right next to our store, actually) was shot and killed in a robbery.

Crazy times.

Gonzo
June 15th, 2011, 03:56 AM
When I saw the thread title, I just knew it would be loaded w/jokes. Thanks for not letting me down guys. :D

Blockbuster_CEO
June 15th, 2011, 08:28 AM
or.....maybe it was an employee who was caught posting on this site.

Glass Half Empty
June 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Die in the alley behind my store or actually go to work? Decisions, decisions....

Hot Head
June 15th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Die in the alley behind my store or actually go to work? Decisions, decisions....

...Precision collision