PDA

View Full Version : June email push/thank you promo

Pages : [1] 2

Woodstock
June 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I was told today that we have to start asking every customer to get there email and to give the Thank You card to every customer who rents anything. I got around 30 emails, but kept forgetting to scan that pesky second barcode that is supposed to give us that 1.00 payout. :(

MaximusX7
June 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM
yea me too. its a nice incentive...lets see if they pay out...

incaroca
June 18th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Read the program guide, there are several steps that must followed, otherwise it won't work.

Antithesys
June 18th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Does the process require them to respond to an email? Because otherwise all you have to do is type a random email into every single account you see...you don't even have to tell the customer. I used to do it all the time.

chapter11buster
June 18th, 2011, 10:57 PM
yea me too. its a nice incentive...lets see if they pay out...

A week before the payout will come, we will probably get a message saying "we really would of liked to give out $1 per email but due to circumstances we can only give 25 cents" - The Blockbuster Way

incaroca
June 19th, 2011, 02:36 AM
The program guide says that the emails must be valid, so no you can't just make it up. Am sure once the drive ends, Dish will send out something to all the emails, and whatever bounces will not count. I advise that you don't make up emails, you can potentially get yourself in trouble, and prevent others from making an honest dollar.

Hot Head
June 19th, 2011, 04:25 AM
The program guide says that the emails must be valid, so no you can't just make it up. Am sure once the drive ends, Dish will send out something to all the emails, and whatever bounces will not count. I advise that you don't make up emails, you can potentially get yourself in trouble, and prevent others from making an honest dollar.

Email phishing :)

underemployed
June 19th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I'm gonna make keeping a record of this my new religion. I got 16 last night and expect to do about the same on every shift. If they don't pay out the full amount I'm gonna get Hot Head to come to my store and drop a load in the entranceway!

Darkfall28
June 19th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I'm gonna make keeping a record of this my new religion. I got 16 last night and expect to do about the same on every shift. If they don't pay out the full amount I'm gonna get Hot Head to come to my store and drop a load in the entranceway!

Get ready to drop some serious fudge dragons HH because I don't think there's any way they're gonna pay the full amount on this one under lol. :D

djblade
June 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Email Acquisition - Incentive
How can I make some cash?
It starts Saturday, June 18th, for every Customer that gives a valid e-mail address and
that are activates our free movie offer, the Employee checks out the transaction will be awarded $1.00.
This is a great opportunity to make some extra cash from now until the end of the July 4th weekend.
Why the big push?
It’s important to capture or update the e-mail address of our Customers. This helps ensure we
can communicate all the fun things happening at Blockbuster. It’s a important step toward
driving our Active Membership and Visits and helps to create a stronger Customer base, which
is our goal.
What’s the fine print on this?
Employee pay outs will be compiled and sent out Mid July. More detailed incentive plan guide
will be coming your way next week, but we didn’t want you to miss a single opportunity to
continue driving our Active Members through the June Free Movie Offer and e-mail!
How do I get started?
The attached program guide will walk you step-by-step through the process needed to
get an e-mail addresses for Customers also how to track your contribution to the efforts.
There is an attached is a Two-Minute Drill that focuses on the skills and conversations with
customers that will make you as successful as possible. Review the Drill, practice with your
team, and talk to every Customer!
What is required?
In order to qualify for the incentive you must ensure the following three things happen:
1. Email
2. Tracking barcode scanned as described in the program guide
3. June Free Rental offer activated on the Members account (if not already active)

djblade
June 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Email phishing :)

saves dish the post stamps :P

PickleBundle
June 19th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Just in time for when Giftcards come back. I'll bet that's how we'll get our "payout" for this.

Glass Half Empty
June 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Too bad most of the accounts with e-mails already on file are the online and pass customers who won't be paying to rent anything so they don't count. Could of made some easy money there-if they actually pay up.

itirnitii
June 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
If I still worked for Blockbuster this would be my literal pitch:

"Would you like to help me out and submit your E-mail today, Blockbuster corporate will give me a dollar for your participation."

I would make bank......

....but then they would inevitably and unsurprisingly find some way not to pay me, my spirit would be crushed, and I would steal shit.

Veruka_Salt
June 20th, 2011, 02:56 AM
It's not that simple. The email you collect has to be entered in conjunction with activating a loyalty program so basically you're limited to people who are renting a $2.99 title that haven't already been signed up. The program is only through July 4 weekend and payout is mid-July. It'll be a few extra bucks but not mint.

However, we're supposed to collect and confirm all emails anyway as a job duty... they're just giving us something back for the loyalty people.

johnlow71
June 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM
i made $10 i think..................sweet!

lucky me
June 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
The email you collect has to be entered in conjunction with activating a loyalty program so basically you're limited to people who are renting a $2.99 title that haven't already been signed up.

No, that's not quite right.

Word has come down that you can sign someone up for the program without a 2.99 movie; it only has to be a New Release.

Also, it says specifically in the program guide that you will still get the $1 even if they're already on the program, so long as you're the one to update their e-mail the correct way so that their name says "e-mail verified", and scan the special barcode.

lies_darnlies_statistics
June 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
It's not that simple. The email you collect has to be entered in conjunction with activating a loyalty program so basically you're limited to people who are renting a $2.99 title that haven't already been signed up. The program is only through July 4 weekend and payout is mid-July. It'll be a few extra bucks but not mint.

However, we're supposed to collect and confirm all emails anyway as a job duty... they're just giving us something back for the loyalty people.

In one of the communication updates on the program, it said we were allowed to sign them up even if they have no $2.99 titles. Meaning if they bring up two $1.99 titles or a $1.99 and $.99 title they can still be signed up for the June campaign thingy. So it's really not that hard to get some extra bucks from this program. I'm game.

orbitdvd
June 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Too bad the world is moving away from email.

Mushroom Employee
June 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
It sucks tho because we're being pressured to pressure the customers..... and by 'pressure', I'm talking about getting ripped into because you didn't get umpteen hundred emails per shift......... less hours on the schedule if you don't get so-many emails etc etc.

How's about the powers that be come up with something that the customers actually WANT instead of shoving crap down their throats that they wind up just humoring us that they'll accept and then tossing it into their junk folders.

incaroca
June 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM
i don"t understand what's so hard about asking for emails? about the easiest thing employees have to do.

Mushroom Employee
June 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM
i don"t understand what's so hard about asking for emails? about the easiest thing employees have to do.

It's VERY easy to ask each customer for their email address..... it blows chunks when the SM stands behind you telling you that you're doing it wrong

A Dirty Pocket
June 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
the activation barcode only has to be "on." it doesn't have to be the first time you've scanned it. Or at least that's what we've been told. Also, if you really wanted to, and you knew the customer has a facebook account, or "probably" does: customername@facebook.com. I think that works now. It'd be a bit back handed though...and I probably wont' do it. If the cust sees it though, they'd probably just think its from the blockbuster fb page.

incaroca
June 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
The SM is telling you, you are doing what wrong? how you are asking? or the process which you need to follow in order to get the 1 dollar for each email?

muthaflippin
June 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
So is it true if u override a drawer that's not assigned to u, u don't get credit for the email? That kinda sux for mods that jump on the help with the line on a drawer that's not assigned to them. Just sayin.

fireyjewels
June 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Dear Blockbuster Employees,

We are going to need you to collect all the emails that you possibly can. It will be used as future reference for the company to mail items out to our customers to keep them loyal. However, you all won't be around long enough to see it because you will be gone due to store closings. We plan to pay out Mid July, but we may forsee some complications and have to push the payment back. You will receive some communication in the near future regarding this promotion. Once again, thank you for all of your hard work, without it we wouldn't be able to screw you over so easily.

Thanks - Blockbuster

Glass Half Empty
June 20th, 2011, 07:49 PM
My store was not prepared for the fallout of summer/free rental program. We are being slammed like it's a major holiday-with the volume everyday of the Fri/Sat night crowds from years ago. We seriously need an extra person just to do the drop and run movies -forget about getting any projects done. I don't know if they've upped labor for this but it's becoming a nightmare. Seriously, when you can't even clock out to eat because there are that many people in the store-it's a joke. What's not funny however, is the bottom line. We are making practically nothing for all the work this program is causing and I know July 5th the store will not see 95% of these people again.

Darkfall28
June 20th, 2011, 08:22 PM
What amuses me here as well Glass is that they throw in serious reprice reports, multiple store to store shipments, and let's not forget..... it's time to resticker the entire store again! They do plan to give us labor for the stickering but as you said, it's alot busier than normal lately due to the free promo and it makes it a major pain in the ass getting any projects done. And you are correct about the TNR, it WILL suffer greatly as we push this. PRP helps bridge the gap some but not much. They hope the actives will remain afterwards but I have my doubts. I've heard about the other summer promotions they plan to run (at least 3 in July) and ALL have little benefit to TNR and carry on the "give a huge discount and see what happens" strategy. The best word for all this I can think of....... Clusterfuck.

Propoxy
June 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Okay, wtf, guys? Today I was told to give the thank you promo to EVERYONE - online, movie pass, people who are just purchasing... Quote "Because the barcode doesn't really require a $2.99 rental. Or any rental at all!"

AND to tell people to come back multiple times a day for a free rentals because, again, direct quote, "You can scan the barcode more than once a day. It doesn't limit you."

I'm pretty sure that's called coupon fraud. I mean, we have a shitload of barcodes that will work multiple times. And we have even more employees who've been termed for exploiting that fact!

Has anyone else heard this? Or has my DM been hitting the crack pipe?

CSR-superstar
June 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Okay, wtf, guys? Today I was told to give the thank you promo to EVERYONE - online, movie pass, people who are just purchasing... Quote "Because the barcode doesn't really require a $2.99 rental. Or any rental at all!"

AND to tell people to come back multiple times a day for a free rentals because, again, direct quote, "You can scan the barcode more than once a day. It doesn't limit you."

I'm pretty sure that's called coupon fraud. I mean, we have a shitload of barcodes that will work multiple times. And we have even more employees who've been termed for exploiting that fact!

I was told my by SM to give the pass to anyone except Online and Pass people. But yes I was told it didn't mater if the customer rented at $2.99 movie. And I have the same concern that this is gonna be considered "coupon fraud". BUT my SM directly told me this, after she was told by our DM. So I'm assuming it's ok.

Woodstock
June 20th, 2011, 10:57 PM

While you can scan the thank you card on any account, I would hold off doing it for the people that are not paying for a rental. I wouldn't trust your DM with this one. I would hate to have you lose your job because of that/

You can do this, and nothing will happen to you. My store has been telling people that it is a one out at a time free 1.99/.99 movie....which means that it can be used multiple times in one day.

Normally you are right, but not in the case of the Thank You cards.

Mushroom Employee
June 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM
The SM is telling you, you are doing what wrong? how you are asking? or the process which you need to follow in order to get the 1 dollar for each email?

He sends the message down through ASM's that we're doing it wrong. (and I imagine he was all red in the face and stomping his feet because he loves to accentuate his displeasure like that) ..... at it's STILL foggy as to what the procedure is.

Could someone here spell it out for me because I'm pretty sure none of us are EVER gonna get it from him.

Mushroom Employee
June 21st, 2011, 01:36 AM

Our DM told us that there's "UNLIMITED" free rentals, yet the comp only allows 7 a day. And we were told to give everyone the promo no matter what. Possibly because each store is being monitored as to how many are given out and used.

Mushroom Employee
June 21st, 2011, 01:40 AM
My store was not prepared for the fallout of summer/free rental program. We are being slammed like it's a major holiday-with the volume everyday of the Fri/Sat night crowds from years ago. We seriously need an extra person just to do the drop and run movies -forget about getting any projects done. I don't know if they've upped labor for this but it's becoming a nightmare. Seriously, when you can't even clock out to eat because there are that many people in the store-it's a joke. What's not funny however, is the bottom line. We are making practically nothing for all the work this program is causing and I know July 5th the store will not see 95% of these people again.

We were given extra labor..... one extra person to come in for the last few hours to do nothing but run movies. But we went one extra step by having that extra person relieve the others on register so they can take a break. The volume of movie returns is ridiculously HUMONGOUS

Hot Head
June 21st, 2011, 04:26 AM

But that on top of other things like returns, sm or sam breathing down back add a sprinkle of hostile work environment you got yourself the answer

lucky me
June 21st, 2011, 07:30 AM
He sends the message down through ASM's that we're doing it wrong. (and I imagine he was all red in the face and stomping his feet because he loves to accentuate his displeasure like that) ..... at it's STILL foggy as to what the procedure is.

Could someone here spell it out for me because I'm pretty sure none of us are EVER gonna get it from him.

It's complicated. Here you go:

First, check to see if their name says "email verified". If it does, then you are done. If it does not, then press PF2, or type "premier" and press enter.

After that, when it comes to the next special screen, it will show they either have an e-mail address on their account of not. Either way, press enter or "Y" to take you to the edit screen because you have to check that #7 (whether or not we can send them e-mails) is correct too.

If there is an e-mail already there, verify that it is the correct one. If there isn't one, ask for one and update it.

Then check #7. If it says "Y" or "B", you are good. If it is blank or says "C" ("C" means they don't want e-mails from us), then you need to update it; you will need to ask the member if it's OK for us to send them e-mails and they'd need to say yes. Then you would update #7 to "2" which would make it "B". You can also ask them about our partners sending them e-mails, which would have you update #7 to "1" instead, but it's not necessary, just get them to agree to get e-mails from us.

After that, press PF1 and it will return you to the former special screen. Now, you will press "N" to the question of if you would like to edit their e-mail. Then you will press "Y" to the question of if you would like to post.

Now you will be back to the regular check-out screen and their name should say "e-mail verified". If not, then you need to re-do it until it does. If it does, then you now check to see if they're on the June program. If they already are, then you are good; you can still get the dollar. If they are not, they need to have the required rentals to start the program and then you can start it for them and scan that barcode.

Once their name says "e-mail verified" and they are on the June program, you are almost done. Now, all you have to do is scan the barcode that will give you the dollar. Then you are done! How could anyone get confused with that? ;)

Glass Half Empty
June 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM
There is no extra person anywhere on my store's schedule this week-in fact somehow people are working less hours and managers working alone for most of daytime Fri,Sat and Sun. We got hammered last weekend so I'm really looking forward to this weekend. If I'm by myself and get bumrushed for 6 straight hours again-I'm kicking people out and locking the doors for 15 minutes and clocking out. We seriously were so busy we couldn't even go to bathroom. Morale is so low it's not funny-people trying to give away shifts or requesting off like crazy.Why would they want us to give the pass to people who already have online? Also, why are they mystery shopping in all this chaos?

Mushroom Employee
June 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM
I think they're TRYING to get rid of the stores.... think about it..... mass chaos, low on employees per shift, high customer volume AND mystery shoppers...... it's a classic set up to say that the stores are failing to provide adequate customer service and move product efficiently.

I'm starting a new hobby.... VOO DOO DOLLS...... I think the best seller is gonna be the BBV/DISH doll

Gimme yer order and I'll see about having them all ready for the Christmas rush

zooworker
June 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM
I refuse to give out my email to BBI, I really don't care for their spam......

incaroca
June 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM
I think maybe the hours are not been allocated properly. my store as well as the rest in our area are getting more hours in part because we are doing more transactions. When i hear that is just too busy, i can only assume that the hours available for a particular store are not being used like they should.

Hot Head
June 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM
I think maybe the hours are not been allocated properly. my store as well as the rest in our area are getting more hours in part because we are doing more transactions. When i hear that is just too busy, i can only assume that the hours available for a particular store are not being used like they should.

yes the sm is stealing them muahahahahaha

incaroca
June 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
yes the sm is stealing them muahahahahaha

In a way yeah, it happens when you schedule a second person during the day when there's no need to.

orbitdvd
June 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
I think they're TRYING to get rid of the stores.... think about it..... mass chaos, low on employees per shift, high customer volume AND mystery shoppers...... it's a classic set up to say that the stores are failing to provide adequate customer service and move product efficiently.

I'm starting a new hobby.... VOO DOO DOLLS...... I think the best seller is gonna be the BBV/DISH doll

Gimme yer order and I'll see about having them all ready for the Christmas rush

Well, pushing this hard for emails would make me think that shutting down the stores is their plan.

Hot Head
June 21st, 2011, 06:14 PM
In a way yeah, it happens when you schedule a second person during the day when there's no need to.

How is that kool aid tasting

Mushroom Employee
June 21st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Well, pushing this hard for emails would make me think that shutting down the stores is their plan.

I think so too

Gonzo
June 22nd, 2011, 03:09 AM
You know, in all the years that my email has been in the system, I never got any coupons or promo emails. Now, they're going to start sending them?

Mushroom Employee
June 22nd, 2011, 07:03 AM
me neither

psycoma
June 22nd, 2011, 08:06 AM
thirded. All I get is 'Look what you can come in and see came out but not actually rent because we have shit for copy depth again this week!!!' emails...

Glass Half Empty
June 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM

That has been discussed by several at my BBV. We think they see this as a way to get in touch with customers after they close us. In case it has not been posted yet, this week's communication says we only get the $1 for new e-mails-not accounts with existing e-mails. So scanning it for people who already had e-mails on their accounts gets us bupkus.

katiebell
June 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
I will continue to do what I can to get new emails, piss on scanning all that crap for existing ones. We won't even get "rewarded" if we change an old one to a new one? Argh!

BlockbusterLuvsU
June 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM
So I come in to work today and the SM tells me that apparently the stores that don't capture enough emails are going to have their leases rejected in July. Scare tactic? Or bizarre truth?

katiebell
June 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Scare tactic...don't believe that crap!

It makes me so mad that SM's make shit up to make themselves look good just to get mentioned on the message of the week. Just do the best you can, that is all that matters.

Darkfall28
June 25th, 2011, 06:12 PM
They do want emails to push their upcoming programs and initiatives but that SM is an idiot. They may close more stores in July when the extension ends (although most stores are going to be kept from what I've heard but a few landlords may just want no part of it anymore as well) but to think the sole factor for keeping or not keeping a store is based on just emails....... gimme an f'ing break. That SM should stop sniffing the glue.

BlockbusterLuvsU
June 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Scare tactic...don't believe that crap!

It makes me so mad that SM's make shit up to make themselves look good just to get mentioned on the message of the week. Just do the best you can, that is all that matters.

He didn't make it up, it was on the conference call. My SM isn't the kind of guy to use scare tactics and he knows I don't need "extra" motivation just to ask people for their email addresses.

Darkfall28
June 25th, 2011, 08:23 PM
He didn't make it up, it was on the conference call. My SM isn't the kind of guy to use scare tactics and he knows I don't need "extra" motivation just to ask people for their email addresses.

All I can say is this, it's probably in a store's best interest to get as many emails as it can but I'm sure Dish will also be looking at actives, total visits, tnr, and spr in regards to any store it keeps. Perhaps that's what the DM told your SM to get the entire district to produce more emails so that particular DM can look better (they do it all the time). I can tell you one thing, I am an SM and my DM has't mentioned any ultimatums like that whatsoever thus far on any call, nor my RDO. Only the reasoning behind the emails and that Dish wants actives raised asap (they have a new report that factors in the June promo activations, redemptions, active percent, and visit percent that seems VERY important to them). This report ranks a store with a simple Yes or No. You get a yes if your store is meeting most of those requirements and a No if you don't. I would recommend not being in the No category in mid-July. Just my thoughts.

muthaflippin
June 25th, 2011, 10:45 PM
All I can say is this, it's probably in a store's best interest to get as many emails as it can but I'm sure Dish will also be looking at actives, total visits, tnr, and spr in regards to any store it keeps. Perhaps that's what the DM told your SM to get the entire district to produce more emails so that particular DM can look better (they do it all the time). I can tell you one thing, I am an SM and my DM has't mentioned any ultimatums like that whatsoever thus far on any call, nor my RDO. Only the reasoning behind the emails and that Dish wants actives raised asap (they have a new report that factors in the June promo activations, redemptions, active percent, and visit percent that seems VERY important to them). This report ranks a store with a simple Yes or No. You get a yes if your store is meeting most of those requirements and a No if you don't. I would recommend not being in the No category in mid-July. Just my thoughts.

I wonder if this is particular to one rdo. Ours said the same thing, he was on our conference call. We are doing well in everything but actives. I hand delivered over 1000 flyers to local businesses and schools myself and it hasn't helped all that much. If people are sore, they will stay that way for a while. No matter how much ass u kiss. Many have actually said they just got sick of the changes and the high prices.

yodavsjason
June 26th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Screw everything I'm lovin my DM right now.

Darkfall28
June 26th, 2011, 07:18 AM
You may be right mutha. The RDOs always seem to try different (and often threatening) tactics to get the results they want. Wouldn't surprise me at all if just one RDO was saying that. Thanks for the info :D

djblade
June 26th, 2011, 09:11 AM

Was it the DM or RDO?

Hey, I do have an idea that is actually kind of funny and will help

djblade
June 26th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Also in order to get the pay out. I found something eye catching :p :

Rules and Eligibility
• Employees must be in an eligible position as of June 18 and throughout the entire Plan Term in order to be eligible.
• Payout will be made as soon as practicable after the end of the Plan Term.
• Employees are not authorized to develop any other incentive or contest in conjunction with this Plan. Such policy violations will result
in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
• The Blockbuster LLC retains the sole discretion to amend, modify, revoke or terminate this Plan at any time with or without notice.

stillatblkbstr
June 26th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Lets be real. They found a way not to pay us what the owed us on the T.A. promo, do you really think they are going to pay what they owe on this promo. The reason for the emails is to be able to contact customers and offer online after the stores close. Mark my words. You are all helping "the company" to end your jobs while pushing everyone to online....Just see if you still have a job after July...

Hot Head
June 26th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Also in order to get the pay out. I found something eye catching :p :

Rules and Eligibility
• Employees must be in an eligible position as of June 18 and throughout the entire Plan Term in order to be eligible.
• Payout will be made as soon as practicable after the end of the Plan Term.
• Employees are not authorized to develop any other incentive or contest in conjunction with this Plan. Such policy violations will result
in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
• The Blockbuster LLC retains the sole discretion to amend, modify, revoke or terminate this Plan at any time with or without notice.

Well seeing as the contract should be made against the contractor you have all the rights the contract gives you... you can terminate your selling of this promotion at any time with or without notice

Veruka_Salt
June 26th, 2011, 05:52 PM
After years of being one of the most profitable stores in my area, and one of the few left standing, today for the first time, I actually had management convey that there's a 50/50 we'll be closing before Aug 1. Apparently we aren't capturing enough email addresses. Mind you they want something like a thousand a week (original, not confirmed from before). As time goes on the number of those willing to give their email to a company with a checkered reputation diminishes but, guess what, your goal either stays flat or actually increases. I think we're toast. Funny thing is that I had planned on quitting around Aug 1 anyway but I feel bad for my co-workers who are getting worked like a horse for pennies and are about to get the boot.

BlockbusterLuvsU
June 26th, 2011, 06:11 PM
The thing I don't understand is if they wanted these email addresses so bad, why didn't they start this push when the promotion first started, instead of waiting until the latter half of the month?

Glass Half Empty
June 26th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I didn't even know about this program when it first started and learned when a customer brought in an e-mail about it-apparently my SM didn't think to tell us. They didn't start the email capturing earlier because they have no clue what their doing-as usual.

PickleBundle
June 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM
If I don't get the $4 I've banked so far due to this at the end of the promotion- you think that paper boy in "Better Off Dead" was bad???? Ha!

underemployed
June 26th, 2011, 08:53 PM
If I don't get the $4 I've banked so far due to this at the end of the promotion- you think that paper boy in "Better Off Dead" was bad???? Ha!

I want my $2!!

Gonzo
June 27th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Mind you they want something like a thousand a week (original, not confirmed from before).

Do you even have a thousand customers a week? :D

djblade
June 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I think the threats of emails are DM or RDO's trying to compete with other DM's and RDO's.

MaximusX7
June 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I enjoyed the idea when it was passed on as you could do this and make an easy buck....then a few days later its back to the good old blockbuster way of making all the employees do it, tracking how many you get, how many you dont get, who turns it down, sending an email to your dm....
just a bunch of bullshit...yea you could make the money, but why the fuck shove it down our throats like everything else?

Veruka_Salt
June 27th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Do you even have a thousand customers a week? :D

Well, maybe close. It's like everyone and his momma is coming in for free rentals. We must be running hundreds of dvds a day. Oh, and our daily gross is about $500. :rolleyes:

Even when BB was a wasteland, we still have a fair number of customers (like quiet stores during BB's peak) and back in the day we were one of the busiest stores in the region. Now we're almost back to balls-to-wall crowds only no one is paying for anything.

I'm sure on July 5th when we're back to 50 customers a day (max), we'll be told we suck, blew a golden opportunity to grow and chased off our business. Then we'll get told we're closing because we are way below on tnr. Frankly, I'm looking forward to it being finally over.

underemployed
June 27th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Frankly, I'm looking forward to it being finally over.

You'll feel sssoooo much better when that happens and you are no longer a slave to BBV, trust me!

Mushroom Employee
June 27th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I've got another job AND I have other job offers..... I'm just pig headed and curious to the point where I'm stickin with it to see how it ends. AND I feel that since I'm the oldest person in my store (mom figure) to be there for moral and emotional support for the rest of the crew....... but I'm looking forward to the end too.

Woodstock
June 27th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Guys - there are more promo's coming that are designed to keep the customers coming into the stores. :( I believe Camp Wannawatchamovie is coming back next month. Not to sure on the details though.

itirnitii
June 28th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Guys - there are more promo's coming that are designed to keep the customers coming into the stores. :( I believe Camp Wannawatchamovie is coming back next month. Not to sure on the details though.

More like WannaWatchTheFewRemainingBlockbustersShutterButRel axWeWillEMailYouAllTheLatestOffersFromDish

BlockbusterLuvsU
June 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM
They ought to have constant rent one get one BSI.

Mushroom Employee
June 28th, 2011, 05:38 AM

Now THAT would be a good one....... which means they probably aren't gonna do that

Glass Half Empty
June 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Well seeing as the contract should be made against the contractor you have all the rights the contract gives you... you can terminate your selling of this promotion at any time with or without notice

Try telling that to the SM. I'm just doing the bare minimum to not have to have "the talk" about my performance. Oh, and if you aren't accosting every single customer that walks in about the June free rental bullshit promo while they are on still on the floor-you fail your mystery shop like my store did.

Hot Head
June 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Try telling that to the SM. I'm just doing the bare minimum to not have to have "the talk" about my performance. Oh, and if you aren't accosting every single customer that walks in about the June free rental bullshit promo while they are on still on the floor-you fail your mystery shop like my store did.

Tell it to legal team. It would stand up in court but they would fire you anyways. Thwas is waht most people forget.

libra
June 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM

Yeah but they'd probably say R1G1F Favorites. Offer excludes Top Picks.

I am not in love with the 2 red stickers. That is the most ridiculous thing ever. What a waste of time trying to differentiate between titles being one or the other. It makes no sense to me or the customers I bet. I don't know how I would explain the difference if a customer were to ask.

Darkfall28
June 29th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I just tell them to never combine a red sticker with a green sticker because your movies will explode :D

Veruka_Salt
June 29th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Wait, this is the first I'm hearing about red stickers and won't work another shift for a week or two. What's up?

Darkfall28
June 29th, 2011, 09:34 AM
There are now 2 different types of red BSI stickers V. One is a smaller one that is a Top Picks sticker (about the size of the new stickers on the new release wall) and the other is a wrap around Favorites sticker. The odd thing is they're both red and both are .99 cents so other than to distinguish between what is a Top Pick (and some of the top picks at my store are uh.... reeeeaaaallly questionable) and what is just a plain old favorite...... they really seem redundant. We also have the new green family/kids stickers as well and that includes all the bray family/kids too. I'm so sick of f'ing stickers.

Veruka_Salt
June 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Good Lord!! It really is the same God Damned thing over and over. Didn't we just do this, what, a year or so ago? It was a disaster then. (head-smacking-against-wall) I have no idea what the point of the green family stickers are, but I can only assume the red ones are because the price is about to change AGAIN with two tiers of BSI. Or maybe they're going to color code everything and then have color chart at the front for pricing. Who the hell knows. Has anyone heard anything more about Rewards? Last I heard we were selling it only if the customer asks for it without prompting.

inkedangel
June 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM
The different bsi stickers are for different promotions they plan on running. For instance the green are dor "Camp Wannawatchamovie" that starts when the current promo ends. Sucks we are having to redo it yet again since the first stickering was only last Nov, then Feb pulled all of them just to put them back again. Havent heard anything new on rewards yet, just the promos for next month.

Gonzo
June 30th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Do the people on the BB Board of Directors have stock in the company that makes the stickers? That may be how they're making a little extra money on the side.

Hot Head
June 30th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Do the people on the BB Board of Directors have stock in the company that makes the stickers? That may be how they're making a little extra money on the side.

I wonder if blockbuster's contracts are like Chrysler's....85 percent of it must be outsourced or they will not review your contract. There is no big 3 left they all do it maybe not 85% but they still do it

Glass Half Empty
June 30th, 2011, 04:38 AM
The new programs for June 5-Sept 5 have come out in the communications and they are as fucking stupid as the free rent June one. Get any 1.99/.99 rental for .49 on Sundays-we get slammed on Sundays already- and M-F from 11am-3pm get a 1.99/.99 rental and a 20oz Coke product for 1.50???? Who is running the promotion department? Daffy Duck?

Mushroom Employee
June 30th, 2011, 06:33 AM
th-th-thuferin thuckatash!!!!

zooworker
June 30th, 2011, 06:53 AM
The new programs for June 5-Sept 5 have come out in the communications and they are as fucking stupid as the free rent June one. Get any 1.99/.99 rental for .49 on Sundays-we get slammed on Sundays already- and M-F from 11am-3pm get a 1.99/.99 rental and a 20oz Coke product for 1.50???? Who is running the promotion department? Daffy Duck?
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/017/7/c/Daffy_Duck__Orange_Lantern_by_general_greivous_luv .jpg

renadkins
June 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I see A LOT of people reluctant to believe that we'll actually get paid for the emails. And I didn't read all 9 pages of this thread, but is it possible that everyone is just so jaded because of the way Blockbuster used to do things (promising bonuses like this one, then not following through on their end)? I'm hoping that since we no longer technically work for Blockbuster, it will be different. Clearly, they didn't have any money (always raising prices, ancient computers systems/equipment, BANKRUPTCY, etc. lol) but hopefully since our new owners have been pretty smart about things since they've taken over, they'll continue to do so, and not try to severely piss off all of their newly-inherited employees. I'm staying positive at this point, and crossing my fingers lol....and patiently waiting on that nice bonus. (I'm right at about 180 emails)

Anyway, good luck everyone!

orbitdvd
June 30th, 2011, 10:09 AM

They bought you guys for nothing. Maybe they are conducting human endurance tests.

Veruka_Salt
June 30th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Ah, so now we know. The promotions department is being run by Dr. Josef Mengele.

underemployed
June 30th, 2011, 12:12 PM
They bought you guys for nothing. Maybe they are conducting human endurance tests.

Ah, so now we know. The promotions department is being run by Dr. Josef Mengele.

lol I literally LOL'd when I read these two posts!

orbitdvd
June 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
lol I literally LOL'd when I read these two posts!

It's the only rational explanation. There will be memo on October 1st titled, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE STILL WORKING FOR US."

underemployed
July 1st, 2011, 06:14 AM
It's the only rational explanation. There will be memo on October 1st titled, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE STILL WORKING FOR US."

attached to the new update featuring plans to save money by eliminating water, A/C and heating from stores!

Glass Half Empty
July 1st, 2011, 06:31 AM
Didn't they already try to eliminate water from someone's store? The next step would be charging us to work there....

djblade
July 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Didn't they already try to eliminate water from someone's store? The next step would be charging us to work there....

Don't give them the idea! they will save money anything!

Veruka_Salt
July 2nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
I thought we are still working for Blockbuster. It's just now that Blockbuster is owned as a subsidiary of Dish. Isn't that right? I mean, the paychecks are still coming from Blockbuster.

bthbr4
July 3rd, 2011, 05:23 AM

is there a limit on Sundays?

Glass Half Empty
July 3rd, 2011, 06:20 AM
is there a limit on Sundays?

Don't believe there is.

Glass Half Empty
July 3rd, 2011, 06:28 AM
I see A LOT of people reluctant to believe that we'll actually get paid for the emails. And I didn't read all 9 pages of this thread, but is it possible that everyone is just so jaded because of the way Blockbuster used to do things (promising bonuses like this one, then not following through on their end)? I'm hoping that since we no longer technically work for Blockbuster, it will be different. Clearly, they didn't have any money (always raising prices, ancient computers systems/equipment, BANKRUPTCY, etc. lol) but hopefully since our new owners have been pretty smart about things since they've taken over, they'll continue to do so, and not try to severely piss off all of their newly-inherited employees. I'm staying positive at this point, and crossing my fingers lol....and patiently waiting on that nice bonus. (I'm right at about 180 emails)

Anyway, good luck everyone!

We still work for Blockbuster-it was made clear that we are not Dish employees. For a reason why everyone thinks they won't get paid for the e-mails, look no further than how shady the closing stores on-line re-imbursement turned out-promising one amount and then trying to pay a lower one after they busted ass. After the communication came that said only NEW e-mails would count for this promo after we were 4 days into the program,same old Blockbuster-let me change the rules midway through the game.

Veruka_Salt
July 3rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
I fully expect that they will next covert your your hourly rate from dollars to rupees. "What?! We never said dollars."

Darkfall28
July 3rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Shit, where's my calculator....... if they try to pay me in yen I'm gonna be pissed.

Propoxy
July 3rd, 2011, 10:32 AM
I'd take euros.

djblade
July 4th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Shit, where's my calculator....... if they try to pay me in yen I'm gonna be pissed.

Try pickles or Blockbuster credit on your Blockbuster's account :p So they get the money back

Darkfall28
July 4th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Try pickles or Blockbuster credit on your Blockbuster's account :p So they get the money back

I never accept pickles as payment. A guy by the name of Fictitious Carl might though :p

Glass Half Empty
July 5th, 2011, 05:45 AM
They're not doing the payout. Instead, on our epayaccessstubs we will see where we have been charged $1 for every e-mail we captured leading some to have negative balances and in fact owing the company! On a side note, now that this campaign is over, someone from another store said they got around the existing e-mails not counting rule by changing the e-mails from caps to lowercase or lowercase to caps. It will be funny to hear if this worked out for him and his store.

Veruka_Salt
July 6th, 2011, 03:10 AM
For those of you lucky enough to get to see Communication reports, please keep the rest of posted on how this pay-out program progresses...:D

Propoxy
July 6th, 2011, 07:46 AM
How's the Kids Summer Pass going for everyone? Not too many people were interested so far, which is surprising to me.

Darkfall28
July 6th, 2011, 09:23 AM
How's the Kids Summer Pass going for everyone? Not too many people were interested so far, which is surprising to me.

Did about 10 yesterday, it didn't go quite as well for me as I thought it would either. Lack of traffic with no big new releases this week is a factor I think. It's a good deal though and time will tell I guess. And I got ya on the communications for the payout Salty, thus far (through yesterday) no more details yet, only that they would like us to continue with getting emails sans incentive now. I'll keep ya updated.

Glass Half Empty
July 6th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I believe the original summary for the payout said it would be July 15th.

Veruka_Salt
July 6th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I believe the original summary for the payout said it would be July 15th.

Is that 2011?

Glass Half Empty
July 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Yes, Miss V...chuckle, chuckle....

orbitdvd
July 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Kids pass. That was back in the vhs days, wasn't it?

Hot Head
July 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Kids pass. That was back in the vhs days, wasn't it?

What does this kids pass entail?

Woodstock
July 6th, 2011, 06:08 PM

Doesn't auto-renew. Is good for 28 days. Gets a kids/family movie without paying for it or having a due date. 1 out at a time is 4.95, 2 out is 9.95, 3 out is 14.95. Can have a more than one pass on the account, can have two (or more) one out at a time passes on the account at the same time.

Veruka_Salt
July 6th, 2011, 06:20 PM
1 out at a time is 4.95, 2 out is 9.95, 3 out is 14.95.

So, your sixth rental and beyond is free.

Darkfall28
July 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Also included with what Woodstock and V mentioned is a free backpack. One for every amount on the pass. If you get a one at a time pass you get 1 backpack and for getting the three you get a trifecta of Tinkerbell and Spongebob backpacks to show out with when you hit the streets.

Glass Half Empty
July 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Also included with what Woodstock and V mentioned is a free backpack. One for every amount on the pass. If you get a one at a time pass you get 1 backpack and for getting the three you get a trifecta of Tinkerbell and Spongebob backpacks to show out with when you hit the streets.

My store didn't get Spongebob :(

Hot Head
July 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Doesn't auto-renew. Is good for 28 days. Gets a kids/family movie without paying for it or having a due date. 1 out at a time is 4.95, 2 out is 9.95, 3 out is 14.95. Can have a more than one pass on the account, can have two (or more) one out at a time passes on the account at the same time.

Hmmm sounds like a summer pass to me...i

Darkfall28
July 7th, 2011, 05:11 PM
My store didn't get Spongebob :(

Those bastards!!!!!! You can't have a Camp WantawhatthehellamIspelling without Spongebob! That's like South Park without Cartman :mad: Sidenote: I remember back in the days when I first starting working in my store and we had Spongebob plush toys. Now that doesn't sound too interesting or exciting until I tell you that these Spongebob toys had removable pants. Then comes the real winner here when I saw that after kids were removing his pants......good ol' Spongy had a THONG painted on. I shit you not! The first time I saw that I was like....... wtf.... damn Nickelodeon..... you guys are into some weird shit.

Glass Half Empty
July 8th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I remember those toys! I was too busy playing with the Gary that meowed to be checking if Bob was anatomically correct... maybe the Thong Song should be the show's new theme.

zooworker
July 8th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Does anyone remeber when we sold Southpark toys? They sold out so quick....That was way back, when we also had kids toys for evey rental...like playdough and wizard of oz figures...

fivestarCSR
July 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Does anyone remeber when we sold Southpark toys? They sold out so quick....That was way back, when we also had kids toys for evey rental...like playdough and wizard of oz figures...
what i don't remember ever getting a toy with my movie..then again i never rented kids movies...i always asked to get a scary movie. =/

yodavsjason
July 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Just how old are you ZOO?

zooworker
July 8th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Older than you:D

DavidNewlySL
July 8th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I remember those little toy racks we had

Woodstock
July 8th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I remember those little toy racks we had

I HATED those things!!! Nobody in my store could merchandise them properly, so they always looked like shit. Then I would take everything off of them and re-do them, only to come back the next day and find them looking like shit again.

yodavsjason
July 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM

Doesn't this picture of zoo look like his avatar?

Glass Half Empty
July 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I remember my old store had Tonka bulldozers and the like. Why did we sell those? Remember that Happy Feet display that played some annoying ass shit when it's button was pushed?

DavidNewlySL
July 10th, 2011, 09:06 AM
remember when we first got in the wire racks to do the dvd sections for retail..and had the big banner that said movies to buy

Darkfall28
July 10th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I remember my old store had Tonka bulldozers and the like. Why did we sell those? Remember that Happy Feet display that played some annoying ass shit when it's button was pushed?

Ohhhhh I remember that all right......that Happy Feet display drove me up the wall almost as much as my early days when the Pokemon Snap machine we had would say, "Pikachu!" "Pikachu!" "Pikachu!" EVERY single time a kid would hit it. At times I thought I'd been lobotomized and didn't even know it.

psycoma
July 10th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I remember the motion sensitive Pokemon dolls and someone's brilliant idea to put the toy display right by the goddamn door. Every few seconds, you'd here 'SQUIRTELL SQUIRTELL!' or however you spell that. Drove me nuts.

Hot Head
July 10th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I choose you pikachu!!!!!!

Mushroom Employee
July 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I remember that damn Happy Feet display..... mine had an unfortunate accident.

Remember the Simpsons toys?

And the Family Guy figurines that talked?

I still have my Stewie

AbandonedDreams
July 11th, 2011, 05:11 AM

My sister has the one from my old store.

Glass Half Empty
July 12th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Ohhhhh I remember that all right......that Happy Feet display drove me up the wall almost as much as my early days when the Pokemon Snap machine we had would say, "Pikachu!" "Pikachu!" "Pikachu!" EVERY single time a kid would hit it. At times I thought I'd been lobotomized and didn't even know it.

I forgot about that!! Remember the life size Spidermans they gave away. That thing freaked me out.

underemployed
July 12th, 2011, 11:23 AM
back to the topic.....anyone got a reliable count of how many email addresses they got/$1 bonuses they are getting?

Glass Half Empty
July 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
back to the topic.....anyone got a reliable count of how many email addresses they got/$1 bonuses they are getting?

The only paper I've seen with any kind of tracking of e-mails was sent out by the DM to yell at everyone for what a shitty job we were doing. I looked at my store's numbers and they were NOT RIGHT. It said we only did 1 on a day when the overlord (the SM) was working and I know for a fact that she got way more than 1 on a weekend night. Don't forget any e-mail already in BBVs system didn't count.

Darkfall28
July 12th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I haven't seen anything recently either in regards to the email drive. Just a recent dkp with this last weekend's email captures. I do absolutely agree with you on the actual raw numbers compared to what showed with the drive on the last report I saw though. Either BBV already had ALOT of the email addresses my store got or MANY of mine did not poll correctly. Kind of irritating. I do remember the life size Spiderman too Glass ;). A few people at my store were afraid somebody was going to bust a window with a rock just so they could come in and Spiderjack him. We also had a very realistic life size Yoda back in the day too.

underemployed
July 12th, 2011, 03:20 PM
story I got was the payout is Friday. I know I had about 50 at the very least.

Propoxy
July 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
We also got abuse for not getting enough emails. The reported number is less than half the times the tracker was scanned - and I can guarantee no fraudulent scans.

Also, how far into the June Promo drive was everyone else when they were told to forget about the original terms and just give it everyone, paid rental or not? And that they could redeem it any time. We got in trouble because we weren't committing coupon fraud two days in. :rolleyes:

Glass Half Empty
July 13th, 2011, 03:46 PM
story I got was the payout is Friday. I know I had about 50 at the very least.

Let us know what comes up on your check- from what I've seen the tracking is WAY OFF and of course not in our favor.

djblade
July 16th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I haven't got a check saying anything about the Emails... Did they just combine it with our paycheck?

underemployed
July 16th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I haven't got a check saying anything about the Emails... Did they just combine it with our paycheck?

i assumed that it would be combined, but of course no one got it and no one can say for sure when it will come.....

MrJ2006
July 17th, 2011, 12:53 AM
I haven't seen anything recently either in regards to the email drive. Just a recent dkp with this last weekend's email captures. I do absolutely agree with you on the actual raw numbers compared to what showed with the drive on the last report I saw though. Either BBV already had ALOT of the email addresses my store got or MANY of mine did not poll correctly. Kind of irritating. I do remember the life size Spiderman too Glass ;). A few people at my store were afraid somebody was going to bust a window with a rock just so they could come in and Spiderjack him. We also had a very realistic life size Yoda back in the day too.

Ha ha, at my store a few years back someone used a trailer hitch to bust a window and steal a PS3 bundle that was sitting next to a window

Glass Half Empty
July 18th, 2011, 08:53 AM
They sent out something on Thursday/Friday to explain why everyone's pt was messed up but haven't heard 1 word about e-mail payout. I wasn't expecting to get anything after I saw how the tracking was all wonky but I love how they just ignore that it said on the program guide that the payout would be July 15. My DM still expects us to collect e-mails and even said it was part of our job requirement. How many did I collect last week? None. Did I ask a single person? No.

djblade
July 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM
They sent out something on Thursday/Friday to explain why everyone's pt was messed up but haven't heard 1 word about e-mail payout. I wasn't expecting to get anything after I saw how the tracking was all wonky but I love how they just ignore that it said on the program guide that the payout would be July 15. My DM still expects us to collect e-mails and even said it was part of our job requirement. How many did I collect last week? None. Did I ask a single person? No.

Tell me about it. Is Dish ignoring the emails payout? They did have the right to cancel anytime they feel like it

Glass Half Empty
July 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hothead said it best (I'm paraphrasing)- if Dish said they have the right to stop/cancel the e-mail payout at anytime, then I have the right to stop/cancel collecting any e-mails for them. Tit for tat.

Hot Head
July 19th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Hothead said it best (I'm paraphrasing)- if Dish said they have the right to stop/cancel the e-mail payout at anytime, then I have the right to stop/cancel collecting any e-mails for them. Tit for tat.

This is correct
The contract is always made againts the person contracting.

Darkfall28
July 19th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Email payout is coming the second week of August from what I here now. It also may or may not be paid in Monopoly money.

Woodstock
July 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I am gonna be pissed if I don't get the payout because my store closed!!

muthaflippin
July 20th, 2011, 04:05 AM
I am gonna be pissed if I don't get the payout because my store closed!!

We won't. We're no longer employed with BBV. Maybe they're waitinf till August so they can close more stores and pay even less. Guess that asshole that got the 150k drained their wallet.

PartyGuy
July 20th, 2011, 09:04 AM
We won't. We're no longer employed with BBV. Maybe they're waitinf till August so they can close more stores and pay even less. Guess that asshole that got the 150k drained their wallet.

I bet that's what they will do too. I don't know how many times we got screwed out of stuff when I worked for Blockbuster

johnlow71
July 20th, 2011, 09:17 AM
party guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! wheres the party this weekend?

djblade
July 20th, 2011, 06:59 PM

at the beach!!

zooworker
July 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
at the beach!!
Missed my party last week on Padre Island, snad and surf:)

johnlow71
July 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM
darn out i missed out on all that snad, please save some of that for me next time. im running low.

Glass Half Empty
July 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM
Maybe you wouldn't have missed out on the snad if you weren't at home thinking about strippers and werewolves?

underemployed
July 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM

http://youtu.be/tFvjOVBOapE

Glass Half Empty
July 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
So there was something in Box Office about the e-mail payout. Somehow they wiped out all our employee numbers when they switched to the Oracle thing and they need the SM to input every employee and all their employee ID numbers (somehow we have like 3 ID numbers) by Friday or we won't get any of the payout. Stores that are already closed (something about July 15) will have their info entered by HR. If I recall my mythology from school- I thought oracles were where you RECEIVED info about the future not where you fuck up everybody's pto and money.......I can predict the future-everyone still working here is up shit's creek without a paddle :)

bthbr4
July 24th, 2011, 06:11 PM
so once our #s get put back in, does it pick up how many emails we did during the promo? or maybe they will just give out a certain amount to everybody, and call it a day! :mad:

djblade
July 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM
man...I smell their cooking up a plan to screw us over again

Woodstock
July 24th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Especially employees like myself that are no longer with the company, but helped acquire over 300 emails....

muthaflippin
July 25th, 2011, 05:35 AM
so once our #s get put back in, does it pick up how many emails we did during the promo? or maybe they will just give out a certain amount to everybody, and call it a day! :mad:

You mean something like the TA payout to the store last year? Was it last year?

Glass Half Empty
July 25th, 2011, 06:25 AM
After months of waiting we finally got the TA payout and then had to jump through hoops to use it (no giftcards,no cash payout, no booze)-they wanted us to do a group activity but the employee handbook said we aren't to fratinize(sp). Find coverage for your store-yeah right! Let's reward you for your hard work by making you spend time with your boss....

PRONK
July 25th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Hence why I never gave a crap about emails when the push was "acquire them or die!"

djblade
July 25th, 2011, 11:24 AM
With the system changeover from Peoplesoft to Oracle, we’ve experienced some obstacles retrieving employee information to award the incentive for the June email acquisition. All stores need to supply the following information in order for employees to get properly paid for the emails they collected during the June Email acquisition.

This task is due on Wednesday 07/27. Unfortunately, anyone who does not submit feedback or submits feedback incorrectly by the task due date WILL NOT GET PAID FOR THEIR EFFORTS ON THE JUNE EMAIL ACQUISITION on the date its scheduled to be paid which is 8/12.

Feedback Needed-

Enter the following information for ALL your store employees who took part in the June Email Acquisition

Here’s an example of how to fill this out. “Comma space” must be entered between each piece of information.

Name, Store POS ID, Blockbuster Employee ID, DISH Employee ID

John Smith, 24805718179, 10028066, 658725

Sally Johnson, 23654800154, 11298566, 658932

HRMs will be collecting data on employees that worked in stores that closed in mid-July.

Hot Head
July 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
With the system changeover from Peoplesoft to Oracle, we’ve experienced some obstacles retrieving employee information to award the incentive for the June email acquisition. All stores need to supply the following information in order for employees to get properly paid for the emails they collected during the June Email acquisition.

This task is due on Wednesday 07/27. Unfortunately, anyone who does not submit feedback or submits feedback incorrectly by the task due date WILL NOT GET PAID FOR THEIR EFFORTS ON THE JUNE EMAIL ACQUISITION on the date its scheduled to be paid which is 8/12.

Feedback Needed-

Enter the following information for ALL your store employees who took part in the June Email Acquisition

Here’s an example of how to fill this out. “Comma space” must be entered between each piece of information.

Name, Store POS ID, Blockbuster Employee ID, DISH Employee ID

John Smith, 24805718179, 10028066, 658725

Sally Johnson, 23654800154, 11298566, 658932

HRMs will be collecting data on employees that worked in stores that closed in mid-July.

Its not comma space LOL. Its comma delimitation.

Hot Head
July 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
For all you tech users out there download oracle 10g express. You will get a real feel for oracle

underemployed
July 25th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Its not comma space LOL. Its comma delimitation.

When the database is reading the info on a comma delimited file doesn't it just simply ignore the spaces? I'm a bit of a rookie but I feel like the last MS Access db I built just ignored them. I don't have to do it very often (the last one was about 5 years ago, the one before was about 8) and they were for info on about 3000 and 1200 people respectively, so it wasn't too hefty.

Hot Head
July 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
When the database is reading the info on a comma delimited file doesn't it just simply ignore the spaces? I'm a bit of a rookie but I feel like the last MS Access db I built just ignored them. I don't have to do it very often (the last one was about 5 years ago, the one before was about 8) and they were for info on about 3000 and 1200 people respectively, so it wasn't too hefty.

Ms access not a true database per se, but now we are pulling hairs...yes it ignores spaces for the most part but it is application specific

Veruka_Salt
July 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
It's the same crap defense attorneys pull for their guilty clients. Stretch out as much time from the event to the reconciliation in hopes that people's memories get fuzzy.

Hot Head
July 26th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Also lets say you have 10,000,000 spaces in between your comma and your data, that would cause an issue so spaces do matter

djblade
July 26th, 2011, 03:14 PM
It seems that there going to request an update version of the list of store employees that work that time. Store Managers are entering the wrong information. They are leaving employees out or don't know their/yours Dish ID. So a heads up, make sure you either call or talk to your Store manager about having your information. Just encase they forget about you!

Darkfall28
July 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM
When I sent in mine, I added one more thing to all the ID numbers requested. It was something like this:

P.S.- Please add One Eyed Willy's entire treasure from Goonies to the amount you were going to send my store for a more accurate bonus. It may perhaps improve employee morale more than The Ticket magazine as well. Your success stories listed in this publication are not as thrilling as you seem to think they are.

Propoxy
July 26th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I don't know. The awesome story about the DM who taped the "You asked" shelf talker to the entry door is my new personal hero. What an inspiration!

Darkfall28
July 26th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I don't know. The awesome story about the DM who taped the "You asked" shelf talker to the entry door is my new personal hero. What an inspiration!

Lol, I actually brought up that story at a DBR with my DM. I believe I said something like, "Hey, how bout that fucking hero who used the shelftalker on the DOOR instead of the shelf!!! That is genius level shit there!!!! If only I had thought about that too!!!!! My store would be making 30 grand a week if I had that kind of apex level cunning!!!!!"

D Money
July 27th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I mentioned that idea to mine and they said the signage in the store and outside on the windows was sufficient. I agree. We *just* took down a bunch of signs on the doors, why trailer park them up all over again?

Propoxy
July 27th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Or how about the woman who technically broke store policy by letting a customer in early? Sure, she sold a bunch of generic blu ray, but what if he guy had actually been waiting to rob her? That's what we're told everyone lurking outside is waiting to do.

And, really, the last issue was just a clusterfuck of "Isn't that our job already?" I mean, how is explaining new terms or helping people pick out movies or suggesting snacks for a sleepover going above and beyond?

yodavsjason
July 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
When I sent in mine, I added one more thing to all the ID numbers requested. It was something like this:

P.S.- Please add One Eyed Willy's entire treasure from Goonies to the amount you were going to send my store for a more accurate bonus. It may perhaps improve employee morale more than The Ticket magazine as well. Your success stories listed in this publication are not as thrilling as you seem to think they are.

Can you tell them I want one of the solarbabies.

chargersgirlyfan
July 27th, 2011, 01:53 PM
So I just checked my paystub for this Friday's (7/29/11) paycheck and low and behold still no payout for e-mail incentive. Anyone else know anything new at all about this??? I didn't nag customers for their e-mails for nothing.

Darkfall28
July 27th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Can you tell them I want one of the solarbabies.

I will of course take action on such an excellent request!

So I just checked my paystub for this Friday's (7/29/11) paycheck and low and behold still no payout for e-mail incentive. Anyone else know anything new at all about this??? I didn't nag customers for their e-mails for nothing.

The email payout is on the next check. August 12th I believe. The Ticket magazine this month will no doubt feature at least one article showing an employee with an email payout paycheck surrounded by a sea of cheering children as he or she promises that they are on their way to Disney World and also may in fact cure world hunger with their new funds.

Glass Half Empty
July 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Not sure they could cure world hunger with the payout I'm expecting. I pretty sure it will be the equivalent of 2 McDonald's Large Iced Teas.. BTW- If Dish messed up our hire dates, lost our PTO, forgot to transfer the paperwork for medical insurance and doesn't know all 3 of our employee id numbers for the payout, then how do they know how many e-mails I or anyone else captured?????

underemployed
July 28th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Not sure they could cure world hunger with the payout I'm expecting. I pretty sure it will be the equivalent of 2 McDonald's Large Iced Teas.. BTW- If Dish messed up our hire dates, lost our PTO, forgot to transfer the paperwork for medical insurance and doesn't know all 3 of our employee id numbers for the payout, then how do they know how many e-mails I or anyone else captured?????

shut up and get back to pushing bundles!

lucky me
July 28th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I will of course take action on such an excellent request!

The email payout is on the next check. August 12th I believe. The Ticket magazine this month will no doubt feature at least one article showing an employee with an email payout paycheck surrounded by a sea of cheering children as he or she promises that they are on their way to Disney World and also may in fact cure world hunger with their new funds.

....by buying lots of candy bundles, of course, to send to the needy, along with flyers for our 49˘ Sunday special.

Darkfall28
July 28th, 2011, 10:10 PM
....by buying lots of candy bundles, of course, to send to the needy, along with flyers for our 49˘ Sunday special.

Jackpot Ethiopia. You can thank us for the Milk Duds and Coke later.

Hot Head
July 29th, 2011, 04:56 AM

Yes you should all know free thinking is prohibited!!!!!

Freemason220
July 29th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Free thinking is more then half the reason I'm leaving.

They asked us what we thought of a new promotion on conference calls....went something like this...

Mindless Zombie SMs: This is a good idea. I think it will be a total success....

Me: Uh....no.

DM: What? Who said that?

Me: Blockbuster is still seen in a negative light among most people. If we were to poll a group of people among all age groups and ask what they thought of us...they say outdated or make comparisons to dinosaurs. We must change from within in order to properly change our image among the customers.

DM: We can't have that negativity...

Me: Constructive criticism is more positive then negative.

Others interrupt and I fade back and put myself on mute.

I hate the culture of this company in every conceivable way. They want us to come up with ideas on how to attract customers, but shoot down anything that goes opposite of corporate planning. They dictate like always and expect way more then you can deliver. They promise a payout for e-mails....then conveniently lose numbers and don't know how to get em back. Not only that but now it is the STORE'S responsibility to tell corporate the correct numbers. They know that a lot of stores won't make this deadline thus they won't pay as much and lots of people will be fucked out of more money.

Dish are some slick motherfuckers, and the sad thing is that halfway intelligent people are blind to their mannerism. Either that or they aren't speaking up because this is the only way to put food on the table.

Dish is not giving any raises. They gave us a shittier benefits package then Blockbuster (which is astounding on so many levels). They claim to be keeping 1500 stores when you know they won't.

1500?

Yeah right, they are going to allow these 1500 stores to operate through the 4th quarter. After that, they will see the earnings for each store and continue to close those that don't make the cut. Why? They will make more on the liquidation then revenue from stores. It's simple business and they are doing it. Bullshit your employees to believing you will take care of them, then when you get all profits that are possible....fuck em and no reach around!

It would be nice to be able to work for an honest employer. I hope I can find that.

BBVisDONE
July 29th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Blockbuster is great lol so great that they didnt pay me for days I work just before the store close or my pto. I hope its in the mail today or the hunt to find my DM and SM will begin. Today is payday right?

Glass Half Empty
July 29th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Ha Ha- We were told end of May not to push confections on anyone- only whatever program they had going- free rent June and now the matinee M-F, $.49 Sundays and Campwhatever. So that's what I do-if you come in and it's not 11-3 weekdays or Sunday and you are not renting a kids movie-you get nothing but your total and return date from me! I haven't upsold/tried to sell crap in almost 2 months! Maybe I should nominate myself for the next issue of The Ticket?

underemployed
July 29th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Ha Ha- We were told end of May not to push confections on anyone- only whatever program they had going- free rent June and now the matinee M-F, $.49 Sundays and Campwhatever. So that's what I do-if you come in and it's not 11-3 weekdays or Sunday and you are not renting a kids movie-you get nothing but your total and return date from me! I haven't upsold/tried to sell crap in almost 2 months! Maybe I should nominate myself for the next issue of The Ticket?

ya I didn't leave until just after the email promotion thing started. I'm gone now though so life is sssooooooo much better!

Propoxy
July 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM
They want us to come up with ideas on how to attract customers, but shoot down anything that goes opposite of corporate planning.

We're expected to find charitable things to participate in in the community to "get the Blockbuster name out there."

I asked where we're going to get the labor for that. Blank stare.

So... we are expected to volunteer our personal time in order to help the business. No. No, no, no. I already do volunteer work. I'm not adding more at the order of my DM and not get paid for it. That's ILLEGAL.

katiebell
July 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM
We're expected to find charitable things to participate in in the community to "get the Blockbuster name out there."

So... we are expected to volunteer our personal time in order to help the business. No. No, no, no. I already do volunteer work. I'm not adding more at the order of my DM and not get paid for it. That's ILLEGAL.

I agree and I'm NOT volunteering for crap! Pay me for my labor, pay me my bonus and give me a freaking RAISE!

djblade
July 30th, 2011, 08:42 PM

If they ask you to do that stuff. You have to get paid for it! No matter what! All you need to ask him is "do I call in and get clock in?"

one of my employees learn the hard way! >_<

Blockbuster hand book page 9

If you are an hourly employee, you will be paid for all time worked. You should never work "off the clock." If you are ever asked to work "off the clock," you should immediately contact your manager, your manager's supervisor or a Human Resources representative. Alternatively, you may contact the Employee Hotline at 888-441-WORD [9673] or on-line at www.ethicspoint.com. In addition, if you are an hourly employee you should never take work home – even if doing so voluntarily. If you believe your hours have been calculated incorrectly, please speak with your manager or Human Resources representative before signing your time card or upon receipt of your paycheck.
It is your responsibility to maintain your timecard properly and report your time worked accurately. Improper manipulation or falsification of your time card – or that of someone else – is prohibited. Failing to properly record time worked; allowing another person to adjust your time card or punch in or out on the timekeeping system for you; or adjusting someone else's time card or punching in or out on the timekeeping system for another employee – is a violation of Blockbuster standards. Any of the preceding actions may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

Darkfall28
July 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I volunteer to give them the finger. Guess which one.

Propoxy
July 31st, 2011, 12:03 AM
My DM doesn't seem to understand my problem with this.

DM: It's volunteering. You volunteer.
Me: But you are REQUIRING us to volunteer AS PART OF OUR JOBS.
DM: It's volunteering. You don't get paid for volunteering.
Me: If we have to do it, it isn't volunteering. If we have to do it, it's a job assignment.
DM: No, it's volunteering.

What the ever-loving fuck?

I volunteer to give someone a good, old fashioned smack upside the noggin.

djblade
July 31st, 2011, 01:54 PM
My DM doesn't seem to understand my problem with this.

DM: It's volunteering. You volunteer.
Me: But you are REQUIRING us to volunteer AS PART OF OUR JOBS.
DM: It's volunteering. You don't get paid for volunteering.
Me: If we have to do it, it isn't volunteering. If we have to do it, it's a job assignment.
DM: No, it's volunteering.

What the ever-loving fuck?

I volunteer to give someone a good, old fashioned smack upside the noggin.

lol just send me your DM's office number or email

Just say this " We are not a loud to voluntarily even if we wish too. It is agaist the book and you can read it in the blockbuster handbook. Or you want more information about this "volunteering" contact HR"

Some of this stuff getting back to the community is kind cool but its only for random stuff that is currently going on around your place.

Example: if your town is having an event that are setting up booths and crap. Then that's a perfect time to contact your DM to get hours to contribute to the event.

Hot Head
July 31st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Seems like dish isn't volunteering or participating in a lot of things these days that are external...

orbitdvd
July 31st, 2011, 06:00 PM
Dish is using every free advertising in the book: volunteering, Facebook, email. Is there any PAID advertising going on right now? If not, I wouldn't give BBV much more of a future, if any of you still are.

Hot Head
August 1st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Dish is using every free advertising in the book: volunteering, Facebook, email. Is there any PAID advertising going on right now? If not, I wouldn't give BBV much more of a future, if any of you still are.

They are not 'volunteering' at all stores

Glass Half Empty
August 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
A few weeks ago I came into work and there were handouts for myself and the other managers that basically wanted us to come up with a list of events happening in our community that we could get involved with (volunteer) and demanding we "partner up" with local businesses. Not my job to drive traffic into the store (not a SM) and I find it hilarious that they want me to volunteer my time for a charity for them so I can help build up their rep in the community??? Let the DMs and RDOs "volunteer"- enough has been put upon our backs...I volunteer my time to do things for my kids' schools/sports -not a corporation who could care less if I worked there or not. Into the trash the handouts went and not another word was said about them...

Veruka_Salt
August 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
So... we are expected to volunteer our personal time in order to help the business. Although I really shouldn't be, I am actually appalled anyone asked this of you. Please ask them to put that in writing.

That's ILLEGAL. Damn right. :mad:

Baby Firefly
August 1st, 2011, 02:54 PM
Our store closed before this email drive you're talking about, but the numbers on that freakin' DKP NEVER matched up to what we tracked in the store. NEVER. So....we got to the point of why the fuck bother.

Baby Firefly
August 1st, 2011, 03:02 PM
We used our payout the night our store closed for the final time. They had no say over what we did anymore. Fraternizing and booze for all. :D

Baby Firefly
August 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM
What is the story abuot the DM who taped the shelftalker to the door? Share please??? :)

Baby Firefly
August 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Are you kidding me? You have to go out and shill BBV/Dish on your own time? At Wells Fargo, we are expected to participate in community activities and volunteer, but we have payroll hours allocated for this. I was so sad when they closed my store....but now I couldn't be happier.

Darkfall28
August 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
What is the story abuot the DM who taped the shelftalker to the door? Share please??? :)

It was when they sent us the POP for the new terms. It was actually an SM who taped the shelftalker to the door instead of using it uh..... on the shelf. An amazingly bold and cunning maneuver!! They were put in The Ticket magazine for being so creative. Yes, you just read that right. They got put in a MAGAZINE for taping a small piece of cardboard to the front door instead of using it on the shelf. Apparently, the rest of us all fell off the creative wagon and did not realize this ingenious move would clearly make our stores INCREDIBLE again. OR...... the rest of us thought this would look trashy and unprofessional and decided to point out the new terms using our mouths instead. A special round of applause though to The Ticket for bringing the dumb time and time again.

Baby Firefly
August 1st, 2011, 05:38 PM
The Ticket was always a joke. I love the posts I see here about it. That Carl discussion....I was howling the whole time I was reading it.

PickleBundle
August 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM
In my evil mind- If my DM asked me to "volunteer" in the local community to spread the word about Blockbuster, I'd go to every vile gathering I could find in the community (think "hate group" rallies and the like) and distribute the material promoting Blockbuster to them. Although even with that, I'd probably still end up getting a pat on the back from my DM and the front-cover shot in the next "The Ticket" magazine.

Propoxy
August 6th, 2011, 01:32 AM
I'm honestly not sure how to handle this. It's a twice per period requirement. I don't want to get fired for not volunteering (or whatever BS reason they'd come up with to avoid firing me for that particular one.) But I also refuse to do this simply out of the goodness of my heart. I have none.

But also, I don't have the labor to cover "volunteer" work for other employees. That'll leave my store understaffed, or leave important projects left undone, which can also negatively affect our customers.

Lose-lose. :(

easy1234
August 6th, 2011, 05:35 AM
I'm honestly not sure how to handle this. It's a twice per period requirement. I don't want to get fired for not volunteering (or whatever BS reason they'd come up with to avoid firing me for that particular one.) But I also refuse to do this simply out of the goodness of my heart. I have none.

But also, I don't have the labor to cover "volunteer" work for other employees. That'll leave my store understaffed, or leave important projects left undone, which can also negatively affect our customers.

Lose-lose. :(

If you don't want to volunteer, then don't. They cannot force you to "volunteer" (forced volunteer is kind of an oxymoron don't ya think?). I can assure you that they will indeed come up with any BS reason if they want to get rid of you. If you have people that want to volunteer, I say let them and be short staffed for a few weekends and be sure to let the customers know where to complain for the lack of adequate staffing. When the DM comes to you with the complaints, you can simply tell him that your staff was out volunteering, just as he requested.

Veruka_Salt
August 6th, 2011, 08:07 AM
In my evil mind- If my DM asked me to "volunteer" in the local community to spread the word about Blockbuster, I'd go to every vile gathering I could find in the community (think "hate group" rallies and the like) and distribute the material promoting Blockbuster to them. Although even with that, I'd probably still end up getting a pat on the back from my DM and the front-cover shot in the next "The Ticket" magazine.

I suggest "kleptomaniacs anonymous".

zooworker
August 6th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I suggest "kleptomaniacs anonymous".
A friend went to one of those meetings, it was full of cops:eek:

yodavsjason
August 6th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I they want to fire you they will, they will find a reason. Ask ZOO or any other of the hard working Ex-employees, who used to bust their ass and defend this hell hole until they themselves were fucked up the A.

orbitdvd
August 6th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Are other employees of the Dish Network "encouraged" to volunteer?

djblade
August 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Are other employees of the Dish Network "encouraged" to volunteer?

Nope. They're doing fine. Its Blockbuster that has to worry

Glass Half Empty
August 7th, 2011, 06:51 PM
So my district had a conference call this week and this is how I heard the "volunteering" subject went down:
1. We must !!!MANDATORY!!! have an event that we go to -outside of BBV-that we promote BBV with the ultimate goal of raising our customer base.
2. 5 hours of labor are allotted for each store for this event.
3. Sporting events, fairs, festivals were all mentioned-not allowed to do anything at churches!!!
4. Event must happen before end of August.
We were also told we HAD to have 2 store events every month- trivia, dressing up, contests?- funny since we can't even give out a free rental as a prize:) Sorry, I'm not wearing pjs to work-I'm not in middle school! Oh,and the "let's not press people into buying stuff-let's just get them to come back into the store and give them great customer service phase" is OVER. We're back to the shit load list of priorities and how we must meet the priorites and meet revenue goals or you're toast.....

djblade
August 7th, 2011, 07:27 PM
So my district had a conference call this week and this is how I heard the "volunteering" subject went down:
1. We must !!!MANDATORY!!! have an event that we go to -outside of BBV-that we promote BBV with the ultimate goal of raising our customer base.
2. 5 hours of labor are allotted for each store for this event.
3. Sporting events, fairs, festivals were all mentioned-not allowed to do anything at churches!!!
4. Event must happen before end of August.
We were also told we HAD to have 2 store events every month- trivia, dressing up, contests?- funny since we can't even give out a free rental as a prize:) Sorry, I'm not wearing pjs to work-I'm not in middle school! Oh,and the "let's not press people into buying stuff-let's just get them to come back into the store and give them great customer service phase" is OVER. We're back to the shit load list of priorities and how we must meet the priorites and meet revenue goals or you're toast.....

But you can still back out and say "I was giving the best customer service! I was fulfilling the customers needs and still offer them the upsell" Forcing sells isn't going to help customers. Its going to make them stop coming for many reason. And then blockbuster will be in the same spot again...Bankrupt

If blockbuster wants to go to the sells department, then they should just give commission for each time we sell stuff. Of course having sells people working at a video store doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A video store should have employees that love watching movies and recommend them to people. For the movie lovers that rent a lot, then its necessary to offer them an upgrade pass or rewards system.

But I haven't heard any sells pressure yet. I don't think the goals will go high and people are going to go crazy unless the SM is insane.

Propoxy
August 7th, 2011, 07:46 PM
In the latest MOTW, we're told the only two priorities are hitting our TNR and driving actives, which is disguised as "participating in community events" or whatever. As part of that, we are expected to spend a minimum of 4 hours per week doing external marketing.

And yet my entire region still has sales priorities. DESPITE the fact that Jeff specifically says that Camp Wanawatchamovie and Matinees are tools to help us reach TNR, but not the actual goals.

I'm getting really tired of this.

Also, I'm annoyed at Jeff's description of how this new TNR budget drive is so much different than Make The Day. It's exactly the fucking same. Okay, fine, you came up with the figures differently, but it's still the same thing. We're trying to hit a number.

Jeff's like, "It's not like mtd, where you had to sell this or that or that. With this, you can sell anything!!!" And I'm like, "Dude, that's how mtd started until RDOs and DMs freaked the fuck out about OMG, no sales goals??? We need to measure something or how else will we justify our jobs???"

Seriously. If I wasn't supporting a family in an area where jobs are very scarce, I'd throw in the towel. I'm so sick of the same recycled shit over and over.

djblade
August 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
In the latest MOTW, we're told the only two priorities are hitting our TNR and driving actives, which is disguised as "participating in community events" or whatever. As part of that, we are expected to spend a minimum of 4 hours per week doing external marketing.

And yet my entire region still has sales priorities. DESPITE the fact that Jeff specifically says that Camp Wanawatchamovie and Matinees are tools to help us reach TNR, but not the actual goals.

Also, I'm annoyed at Jeff's description of how this new TNR budget drive is so much different than Make The Day. It's exactly the fucking same. Okay, fine, you came up with the figures differently, but it's still the same thing. We're trying to hit a number.

Jeff's like, "It's not like mtd, where you had to sell this or that or that. With this, you can sell anything!!!" And I'm like, "Dude, that's how mtd started until RDOs and DMs freaked the fuck out about OMG, no sales goals??? We need to measure something or how else will we justify our jobs???"

Seriously. If I wasn't supporting a family in an area where jobs are very scarce, I'd throw in the towel. I'm so sick of the same recycled shit over and over.

hahahaha heres a DM Job requirement:

-Drive key metrics by ensuring Store Managers create an environment where store employees are actively engaged in meeting or exceeding sales and executing key marketing initiatives.

-Analyze and interpret stores' financial data to oversee Store Manager's performance in taking action to exploit all revenue opportunities, control costs, and maximize operating margin.

-Ensure a consistent communication cycle is executed by conducting monthly District Business Reviews with Store management, attending Region Business Reviews, as well as Area, and Corporate Meetings, as required.

-Oversee Store Managers in effectively utilizing store labor scheduled per the staffing model and consistent achievement of other cost controls.

-Staff Store Manager positions by recruiting, hiring, developing, disciplining, and terminating team members per company standards. Ensure Store Managers are staffing their store to company guidelines.

-Evaluate employees and provide developmental opportunities to increase retention of Store Managers. Provide guidance to Store Managers in developing and evaluating store employees.

-Ensure that direct (and indirect) reports understand their roles and responsibilities by providing direction on training, coaching, experiences, and resources as needed.

-Conduct regularly scheduled store visits to ensure quality of operations, consistency, and compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards.

-Display, promote and effectively communicate the service expectations and strategies to deliver superior service satisfaction to enhance the customer experience.

-Perform other duties as assigned.

Salary is around $60,000-$75,000

Darkfall28
August 7th, 2011, 10:16 PM

Well said Pro. This is pretty much exactly how I feel about this. Hey corporate, why don't you try airing a commercial, you know, like on TV! Shocking strategy but it has worked before I've heard :rolleyes: If there were a few commercials about all the new promotions we were running then you might see signifigant active increases (especially with Netflix having problems). A tiny random BBV tent at a random festival isn't a great idea. It might augment a sales initiative from time to time but it's not a solution. You have to spend money to make money and if you want to reinvent the brand, you can't do it by being cheap. Change the look of our signs, store interiors, whatever, just dress it up a bit and do some advertising on TV about what we have going on. You need a fresh coat of paint here, not the same crap again........

PickleBundle
August 7th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Coming soon- Blockbuster ads on "Local Public Access Community Bulletin Boards".

Glass Half Empty
August 8th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I think Propoxy and I are in the same region because this the same shit reigning down on us: Priority #1 is CampPass
Priority #2 is Matinee
" #3 is .49 Sunday
" #4 is Madden presales
We had to set sales goals on these for the week and even if you meet these priority goals but miss your revenue goals- you're still screwed. This is the same bullshit mentality that we had under the old regime- why did I think it would be different? It's hard to have it both ways-I can't have .49 Sundays where I'm slammed but I've been given no extra labor/shifts and have great customer service and make revenue! Won't happen. Also, the free .99 movie coupons springing up with the receipts will not help matters and they run counterproductive to the promos we are running! I'm also tired of the DM telling us it's part of our job descripton to sell-this asswipe wasn't even around when I got hired.....

Darkfall28
August 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
That made me laugh Glass. Asswipe is an underutilized gem of a word :D

Hot Head
August 9th, 2011, 03:09 AM
How does that song go again? Meet the new boss same as the old one?

djblade
August 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
How does that song go again? Meet the new boss same as the old one?

whats the song that we become the new boss :p

underemployed
August 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
so the big payout is happening this Friday then? Any confirmation on that yet?

djblade
August 9th, 2011, 11:49 AM
so the big payout is happening this Friday then? Any confirmation on that yet?

Yup! Its this friday! Get ready to count those emails

Glass Half Empty
August 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM
From HR- "Any Store Managers that couldn't follow instructions or who performed the operation incorrectly for the e-mail payouts will result in the e-mail payouts being postponed until we receive the official list from Dish with who needs to resubmit." So if your store manager is stupid/lazy/incompetent or any combination of the three - the result is you getting ZILCH on August 12 check. If my boss was successful-that's a big IF- I will be looking for that extra $2 on my check :)

Woodstock
August 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I am hoping that Dish doesn't fuck it up for us that are no longer with the company. But they prolly will...could really use the cash, so I am hoping that they didn't.

underemployed
August 9th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I am hoping that Dish doesn't fuck it up for us that are no longer with the company. But they prolly will...could really use the cash, so I am hoping that they didn't.

well I'm gone but I know I was input into the comp last week correctly, so we'll see what happens. I could use that extra $20 or so.

Woodstock
August 9th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I am not with the company, haven't been for about a month due to my store closing. I don't know if my numbers were even added into the system, let alone entered in correctly.

underemployed
August 10th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I am not with the company, haven't been for about a month due to my store closing. I don't know if my numbers were even added into the system, let alone entered in correctly.

Ya I've been gone for almost two months now, but my old store is still open. I'd put $10 down that you are screwed by the bastards.

sobedrummer
August 10th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I'm told today the paychecks should be viewable online.
So... who got screwed?

Darkfall28
August 10th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Actually, I think we all got screwed as soon as we put on the uniform. It may actually even say, "You are screwed", in invisible ink on the back of our shirts. Sort of like a copyright marker.

yodavsjason
August 10th, 2011, 10:58 AM
How do you view online I'm not very computer literate

sobedrummer
August 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
https://workcenter.secure.probusiness.com/wp_prwc21/logon.asp

If you haven't set it up, you need your Dish network employee number which was on that check they handed out to eveyone at the change over.

djblade
August 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
https://workcenter.secure.probusiness.com/wp_prwc21/logon.asp

If you haven't set it up, you need your Dish network employee number which was on that check they handed out to eveyone at the change over.

If you logon right NOW

U can view your paystub now to see if you got the email stuff! Of course you won't get the money till Friday

yodavsjason
August 10th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I got dish id can't log in what's hire date I thoight is was april 21 2011

sobedrummer
August 10th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Should be on the stub.
I think it was April 27th.

Veruka_Salt
August 10th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Hmmm. I somehow must've screwed up on the 100 emails I secured for Dish. Yep, on each and every one because there's nothing in my pay but my near-minimum hourly wage. Oh, and apparently we no longer earn time off. Thank God this job is for mad money and free rentals -- and still hardly worth it.

Darkfall28
August 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I got mine but again, it was far less then the amount it should have been with the amount of emails we secured at our store.

Glass Half Empty
August 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Well my boss screwed the pooch- no e-mail payout on my check-Jesus- how fucking dumb do you have to be to manage a BBV????????

katiebell
August 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I think the reason it wasn't on this paycheck is because of all the mistakes made on the box office email.

It will probably be on the next paycheck. At least that is what I am telling myself....but that is me giving them the benefit of the doubt, and wishful thinking.

Would have been nice if they would have sent a message explaining if that was the case.

zooworker
August 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I think the reason it wasn't on this paycheck is because of all the mistakes made on the box office email.

It will probably be on the next paycheck. At least that is what I am telling myself....but that is me giving them the benefit of the doubt, and wishful thinking.

Would have been nice if they would have sent a message explaining if that was the case.
Dream on, dish is gonna screw ya......

Baby Firefly
August 11th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Veruka...how do they determine PTO now?

Veruka_Salt
August 11th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I have no idea. I just saw that I have zero PTO despite working for Dish since April. With Blockbuster, it was generally an hour a month (at least as a sometime part-timer). At least I had the good sense to make sure every second of my old PTO was used before the buy-out.

Baby Firefly
August 11th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I accrued 11.67 hours a month when I was there....I don't know how they arrived at that number, haha. I wish I knew a full timer who could tell me what they are getting now. The more I read here, the happier I am that things turned out the way they did.