PDA

View Full Version : Interesting IHBB Fact

Beer_Monkey
August 10th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Based on Teds current Post count of 11664 It would Take a Newbie 32 YEARS to catch up if they posted just once a day and Ted never posted again :o

TED
August 10th, 2004, 10:45 AM
what about 100 posts a day like you :P

Beer_Monkey
August 10th, 2004, 10:52 AM
0.31 Years
;D ;D

Thats from 0 though

blondie2776
August 10th, 2004, 10:54 AM
we know T will still be here posting 32 years from now!!

swimmingwithsharks
August 10th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Who wants to bet Ted will still be working at BBV 32 years from now....

I doubt there is a BBV 32 years from now.... It will die out like music stores... I give BBV 15 or so more years....tops...

Mr. Cracker
August 10th, 2004, 11:30 PM

I doubt there is a BBV 32 years from now.... It will die out like music stores... I give BBV 15 or so more years....tops...

i disagree, i think they'll be changed into something entirely different, but the name Blockbuster will still be a common household name

The_Artist
August 11th, 2004, 06:36 AM

die out like music stores? that's a terrible analogy. Music stores "died out" because of Wall Mart, Target, Best Buy and deep discount stores like that. The everyday music store just can't sell CD's for $17.99 anymore.

The only store I know of that SOLD strictly movies was Suncoast and they have been soaked up for the most part, by the very same stores.

Blockbuster is something different - RENTAL - and there just aren't any great alternatives to renting .... yet.

Beer_Monkey
August 11th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Pay Per View

c:nt
August 11th, 2004, 09:58 AM
PPV sucks. The concept is great, and once they get dual release dates rental is dead.

But at the moment they have just started showing Pirates of the Caribbean!

Beer_Monkey
August 11th, 2004, 09:58 AM
the window is getting smaller

TED
August 11th, 2004, 10:55 AM

Fuckin tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 8)

Pat ;D ;D ;D

Beer_Monkey
August 11th, 2004, 10:56 AM
tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr

The_Artist
August 11th, 2004, 11:05 AM
PPV sucks. The concept is great, and once they get dual release dates rental is dead.

That will never happen. Too much money being made on selling movies to the consumer and rental outlets. Unless PPV is going to pay millions for the availabilty for a movie ... and then suddenly it would cost much more than a rental.

c:nt
August 11th, 2004, 12:53 PM

That will never happen. Too much money being made on selling movies to the consumer and rental outlets. Unless PPV is going to pay millions for the availabilty for a movie ... and then suddenly it would cost much more than a rental.

The idea was actually kicked around over here for a while.
The studios have been using the UK for a testing ground for all sorts of ideas, mainly two tier, dual class product.

They kicked around the idea of releasing to RETAIL first, then have rental stores get their hands on the product 1 month later, along with PPV. :o

The only thing stopping them is no clear law. The European Rental Right allows them to do this, UK law is slightly vauge - leaning towards the studios being told no.