PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Sunshine

The_Artist
September 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Man I was sooooo looking forward to this with all the 4 star reviews it had received and all my friends saying it was awesome.

What's the big deal? None of the characters are very likable, the story was creative but didn't hold my interest, I didn't like the ending.

The Movie - 6 out of 10
Kirsten Dunst's braless bouncies - 9 out of 10

BBASMChick
September 28th, 2004, 03:31 PM
I agree, it was just alright. ::) I've seen better... This is going to be one of those 'Lost in Translation' or 'Punch-drunk love' movies. I can hear the customers already..."That sucked" "[insert complaint here]"

OzMan
September 28th, 2004, 04:41 PM
"Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it"

The message in a nutshell.

I thought it was brilliant, but typical Kaufman. You either love it or hate it, no middle ground here.

The_Artist
September 28th, 2004, 04:43 PM
The message I got was "love will always find a way" and I didn't love it or hate it but it's pretty rare when I get either of those extremes on a film.

OzMan
September 28th, 2004, 04:47 PM
The message I got was "love will always find a way" and I didn't love it or hate it but it's pretty rare when I get either of those extremes on a film.

Actually, Dave, I like your take on things better. Mind if I quote you on that?? :):)

The_Artist
September 28th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I'd be honored ;)

halloweenhoney
September 28th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I thought it was pretty good in the aspect that it got Jim Carrey away from the stereotype he had been in. I think it might make more since if you have been in a steady relationship for a few years possibly. Loved the dream sequences though, we all know we've had those dreams where we dont know the person but we know their name. Dont know how many times I have dreamed about someone but never saw their face.

ASM13685
September 28th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I agree, it was just alright. ::) I've seen better... This is going to be one of those 'Lost in Translation' or 'Punch-drunk love' movies. I can hear the customers already..."That sucked" "[insert complaint here]"

I liked Punch-Drunk and Eternal Sunshine but hated Lost in Translation

fozzie
September 29th, 2004, 09:42 AM
I loved it

Beer_Monkey
September 29th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Kirsten Dunst's braless bouncies - 9 out of 10

Now thats all you needed to say and Im watching it ;D

effyouseekay
September 30th, 2004, 02:03 PM
I really liked it. But then again, I'm all for weird movies like this.

I found it a little hard to stick with it in the beginning, but it worked.

--H.B.