PDA

View Full Version : Constantine

cakenicing4u
July 10th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Any thoughts on this one? I felt that the special effects were cool, but I dunno, I didn't really get into the movie overall.

BBASMChick
July 10th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Just watched it. Im sitting here still trying to take it all in. Good movie, just waaay messed up.

DraconianSM
July 10th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I agree there are some interesting visuals but the movie is average at best. Its no "Seventh Sign", "Stigmata", or even "The First Power" (with Lou Diamond Phillips).

ASM13685
July 10th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I loved that movie, its not a straight forward movie but requires a little thinking in addittion to some really good special effects and damn nice storyline. Can't wait to buy it and see it again.

DraconianSM
July 11th, 2005, 04:19 AM
ASM13685, You're a smoker, arent you? Have you ever seen a character in a movie smoke as many cigarettes as Keanu did in "Constantine"? He was worse that that guy from the X-Files.

ASM13685
July 11th, 2005, 07:27 PM
ASM13685, You're a smoker, arent you? Have you ever seen a character in a movie smoke as many cigarettes as Keanu did in "Constantine"? He was worse that that guy from the X-Files.
i've never smoked a cig in my life, why would a movie I liked personify that aspect on me?

Lomithrandel
July 11th, 2005, 08:08 PM
constantine sucked, it was exorcist meets blade at most...

DraconianSM
July 11th, 2005, 10:25 PM
i've never smoked a cig in my life, why would a movie I liked personify that aspect on me?

My bad, ASM. It was dumb of me to speculate that of you. The fact that you work for Blockbuster suggests you are a smoker, though. I'm not, but I bet if you polled this site you'd find a majority of smokers among BBV employees.

I really was just in awe how much Keanu smokes in the film. It has to be a record, like how many thugs Stallone kills in "Cobra".

Good for you for not smoking.

ASM13685
July 12th, 2005, 04:51 AM
My bad, ASM. It was dumb of me to speculate that of you. The fact that you work for Blockbuster suggests you are a smoker, though. I'm not, but I bet if you polled this site you'd find a majority of smokers among BBV employees.

I really was just in awe how much Keanu smokes in the film. It has to be a record, like how many thugs Stallone kills in "Cobra".

yea I hate smokers too, not as much as dumb people but they are up there, couldn't date a smoker either

MissHailstorm
July 12th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Interesting theory... out of 9 employees we have 0 smokers. In fact, I've only ever worked with two smokers at BBV.

Lomithrandel
July 12th, 2005, 09:31 AM
out of 15 employees at my store only 1 smokes... its been about 6 months since we had anybody else in the store other than that 1 person as well, its hardly a common thread

MissHailstorm
July 12th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I thought smoking in general was on the decline. It's not considered "cool" anymore, so more people are giving up and less people are starting in the first place.

Anyways, in regard to the original issue of the thread, I watched Constantine today but I couldn't really get into it. I watched it, but I was kind of bored for the most part. Not the greatest film...

Incindetly, the guy that created the original Hellblazer comic strips said he wanted no credit or money for this film as he didn't want to be associated with it! :eek:

DraconianSM
July 13th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Wasn't the main character of "Constantine" British in the comics? Which British actors out there would have done better than Keanu?

*as far as the BBV smoker theory, exactly 50% of my staff smokes- 75% of my management staff smokes. From the sound of things this varies greatly from store to store.

SL_600
July 13th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Exactly (1) lone smoker at my store. Works the other shift which I'm so grateful for. I empathize with those who are tryin' to quit. It's like crack.

MissHailstorm
July 13th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Wasn't the main character of "Constantine" British in the comics? Which British actors out there would have done better than Keanu?
Hmmm... Sean Pertwee....? :D

Actually, when they first wrote the script, it was faithful to the comics and had the lead character as a Scouser (someone from Liverpool in England), but no studio would pick it up. So they changed him to an American and it was picked up.

Also, another bit of trivia: they wanted to call the movie 'Hellblazer' as the comics are, but they were told the name was too similar to 'Hellraiser'. 'Hellraiser' was what they originally were going to call 'Hellblazer'... until someone used it first.

Alan Moore actually detatched himself from this movie not directly because of the script, but because he didn't like the movie versions of From Hell and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and assumed this would go the same way.

I'm sure Keanu could've attempted a British accent of sorts, as his mother was English. Not sure if he could get the hang of the Scouser accent though... or the US audience would understand what was being said! ;)

DraconianSM
July 13th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I sorta thing Clive Owen would have added something to the role.

Lomithrandel
July 13th, 2005, 11:49 PM
a better writer would have helped even more

BBEmployee101001001010101
July 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Any thoughts on this one? I felt that the special effects were cool, but I dunno, I didn't really get into the movie overall.

I thought it was awesome . I'm a big fan of heaven and hell kind of movies .