PDA

View Full Version : Elizabethtown

Antithesys
February 5th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Screw all of you, this is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful movie. It seemed to get torn apart, and I really can't understand why.

If your two favorite films in the past two years were Lost in Translation and Garden State, then Elizabethtown will complete your trilogy. This is the way we all want life to be.

zooworker
February 6th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Screw all of you, this is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful movie. It seemed to get torn apart, and I really can't understand why.

If your two favorite films in the past two years were Lost in Translation and Garden State, then Elizabethtown will complete your trilogy. This is the way we all want life to be.
YAwn........:rolleyes: Sorry I fell asleep.:D

Skand
February 6th, 2006, 12:21 PM
YAwn........:rolleyes: Sorry I fell asleep.:D

Same :(

I really want to see this movie however. I'll keep trying and until I make it through, won't be for another 3 weeks though.

CapitalRadioTwo
February 6th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I'd like to give this one a shot. Cameron Crowe does some pretty great stuff and usually includes some great music, although I doubt this is ANYTHING near the caliber of Say Anything

Woodstock
February 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
The movie starts out super slow, in fact I started cleaning my apartment while keeping an ear on the movie, and I finally got hooked enough to stop cleaning and watch it.

Lomithrandel
February 6th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I have to agree that it starts slowly, but the roadtrip the near the end, and the denouement just complete this picture.

cakenicing4u
February 6th, 2006, 08:29 PM
i loved it too.. slow in the beginning, but it picks up speed

PolloDiablo
February 6th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I just finished Elizabethtown and I think it was an admirable piece of work from Mr. Crowe, certainly not his best, if not possibly his worst, but Cameron Crowe's worst is still better than most's best. The writing seemed a bit flaky at times and the two leads certainly aren't the most charismatic pair working in hollywood at the moment, but the film undeniably has heart and I couldn't help but smile throughout most of it. As with all of Crowe's work, the film is bursting at the seams with great music, it's as much of a piece of the experience as the picture itself; I would venture to say that Crowe's musical selections go a long way towards defining his films as a whole and, in cases such as this, lifting them above the average romantic dramedy (I made up a word). Not a masterpiece by any means, but certainly worth a look.

OzMan
February 6th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I just finished Elizabethtown and I think it was an admirable piece of work from Mr. Crowe, certainly not his best, if not possibly his worst, but Cameron Crowe's worst is still better than most's best.

Truer words have possibly never been spoken on this site.

I saw the commercials for E-town. I wanted to see E-town. But no one at all had anything good to say about this movie (which, I have found, is often the sign of a movie I will like :) ). I couldn't justify seeing it in the theatre, but I have been waiting for the release, and once I get settled in it will be one of the first movies I catch up on (that, and Wallace and Gromit)

OzMan
March 3rd, 2006, 02:50 AM

A-fuckin-men.

I thought it was brilliant.

Then again, I lost my father about two years ago. By happenstance, I met a beautiful woman who helped me thru things. Said beautiful woman enticed me to travel cross-country. And I recently drove across this entire country.

So maybe I brought more to this movie than everyone else did. But I thought it was brilliant, and it got better as it went along.

Yeah, it was a bit long... but I'm not sure what I would have cut. Maybe the entire Chuck and Cindy subplot.... but that's about it.

johnlow71
March 3rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
cant watch stuff that gay looking sorry.

Aphrodite
March 3rd, 2006, 03:53 PM
Was brilliant - I just watched it and really liked it.