PDA

View Full Version : ALL BB old-timers... Just checking in!

BBKNOWLEDGE
February 22nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Hey, all Blockbuster "old-timers" - (and Oz, of course).... It's been awhile and looks like a lot has changed in your world. Hope all is well... Wanted to stop in and say hello.... hope all are doing okay...

Drop in and tell me what's been going on with yourselves and the BB world since I knew it..

Talk to you soon!

Antithesys
February 22nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
You say you are from the Ago Time? Please, what is this..."love"?

Oh no! Run, run, the Morlocks are here!

OzMan
February 22nd, 2006, 09:38 PM
BBK, the only ones you will even recognise are me and MOM... and maybe Beer Monkey. All the rest are n00bs to us.

;)

LordPerrin
February 23rd, 2006, 09:43 AM
He may have been on the way out when I first came around.

OzMan
February 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
He may have been on the way out when I first came around.

Were you on the old board?? He was gone before the crash that sent up to this new software (and lost me THOUSANDS of posts.... of which I am no longer bitter.... can't you tell?? ;) )

Last time he was on was likely 2000/2001. BBK is the definition of "old school"

Mitzy
February 23rd, 2006, 09:59 AM
I'm still around - just not posting, also not working at BBV anymore.

BBVTyrant
February 23rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
Hey, all Blockbuster "old-timers" - (and Oz, of course).... It's been awhile and looks like a lot has changed in your world. Hope all is well... Wanted to stop in and say hello.... hope all are doing okay...

Drop in and tell me what's been going on with yourselves and the BB world since I knew it..

Talk to you soon!

Never had a chance to talk with you BBKNOWLEDGE, but really enjoyed all of your past posts. You definitely got out of BB at the right time. But I'm sure you could forsee certain events happening anyway.

How has Circuit City been treating you?

BBKNOWLEDGE
February 23rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
I'm no longer with Circuit City, either, for many of the same reasons I left BBI.

I want to mention to all of you who think there's a lot better out there - it's all in what you make of it.

Many of you, especially younger people, started BB as a part time job just to earn a little cash. As many of the "older" people know, it grows on you, and before you know it, you're looking back thinking "geez, I've been here this long?" Well, the reality is: There's a reason you do what you do. All jobs suck from time to time, and some more than others. But comparing salaries to workload (or stress load), BB isn't so bad.

There are times I miss leaving BB. I believed wholeheartedly that project store was the beginning of the end (which apparently it is). And I felt strongly enough to leave my career over it. BB was my career, as the old timers here know well, but there are times I want to get back in and try to change the way things are done. I'll leave it at that...

LordPerrin
February 23rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Were you on the old board?? He was gone before the crash that sent up to this new software (and lost me THOUSANDS of posts.... of which I am no longer bitter.... can't you tell?? ;) )

I was on the old board, for a short while. Before it was converted to this one. Mainly just reading, not posting as much as some of you others ;-)

Lomithrandel
February 23rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
man i thought i was old school having been on here since september of 04... yes i have another username, but i had forgotten the password

had no idea the board has existed since 2000

KAWLIGA
February 24th, 2006, 08:58 AM
BBKNOWLEDGE was the only one on here who ever made any sense...

OzMan
February 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM

I am sure I speak for the dear, departed Herander when I say.......

Gee, thanks a lot.

:mad:

BBKNOWLEDGE
February 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM

BBK gets teary eyed....

KAWLIGA
February 24th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Actually, let me correct that...BBKNOWLEDGE made the MOST sense with OZMAN coming in second. Her/Himander was a tool...his toolness has been replaced with the ass-clown now named "Urban Cowboy"...(cowboy...you can speak now...SPEAK COWBOY, SPEAK!!)

bbv_superman
February 24th, 2006, 11:10 PM
I remember being on probably as BBK was leaving...could be wrong though.

I, like most, lurked for awhile before posting. I don't even think I was flamed for my first post.

feesarevalid
February 28th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Think I'll throw in my hello to all the old posters on here. Miss ya all. 6 months ago I finally quit after 5 years. Miss it some but not enough to come back.

Yea those fees are still valid on your account!

Ghost
August 23rd, 2006, 06:17 AM
(and lost me THOUSANDS of posts.... of which I am no longer bitter.... can't you tell??)

You never had that many posts... There were only two posters over 1,000 back then.

Old Man, it appears the Alzheimer's is starting to creep in...

c:nt
August 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
BBK, the only ones you will even recognise are me and MOM... and maybe Beer Monkey. All the rest are n00bs to us.

Oy I have been here longer than that Monkey.

Counting active users (ones that have visited at least once in 2006) I rank at number 20 in terms of join date. Monkey is 26. ;)

Not my fault he posts more than I do, he obviously has more free time than I do.....oh wait did I actually just count through 9 pages of users.... :(:rolleyes:

Anyway hello BBK, although you probably wont remember me! I was just a quiet new boy when you were in your prime!!:D

OzMan
August 24th, 2006, 03:42 AM
You never had that many posts... There were only two posters over 1,000 back then.

Old Man, it appears the Alzheimer's is starting to creep in...

Not so....... I think I was actually third to 1k, being beaten out by a certain ex-RDO by about a day or two.

I think Mr Luciferge was at about 5000 and I was over 3000 when the first "reset" came..... and went on a bit of a tear (thanks in large part to a rather lenghty discussion on favourite quotes) to get most of them back. THEN after lobbying Chris, I was well ahead of Mr ASM (IIRC) when the second "reset" happened and I ended up below 900 again.

So, I may be old, but there's nothing wrong with my memory:D

Oy I have been here longer than that Monkey.

Counting active users (ones that have visited at least once in 2006) I rank at number 20 in terms of join date. Monkey is 26. ;)

Not my fault he posts more than I do, he obviously has more free time than I do.....oh wait did I actually just count through 9 pages of users.... :(:rolleyes:

Wouldn't it have been easier to rank by actual join date and go from there?? Probably would have only been a few pages to check.

c:nt
August 24th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Wouldn't it have been easier to rank by actual join date and go from there?? Probably would have only been a few pages to check.

I did, but I had to count to see who had visited this year.

Thats why I only had 9 pages to check, member list is up to about 100 pages now :eek:

Aphrodite
August 24th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Oy I have been here longer than that Monkey. Yeah by a whole couple of weeks :p

the boy wonder uk
August 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Aph when men are talking length even a small a small difference counts.

Aphrodite
August 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
lol, I get your point ;)

Ghost
August 25th, 2006, 03:47 AM
I think Mr Luciferge was at about 5000 and I was over 3000 when the first "reset" came.....

The *old* forum never got anywhere near that high. There weren't enough people posting. The new forum went up on Jul 11, 2002. Heh, that's when you use to argue the Constitution with some punks.

Old man, thinking you were much bigger than you were in the past.

Mr.King
August 25th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Out of curiosity.
I now work at BBV, and we're using this so called "project store" (sounds like a US covert ops on supermarkets gone bad.)
Anyways. Up here in canada, things don't seem that bad.
I'm just wondering how it used to run...

Ghost
August 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I'm just wondering how it used to run...

Quite Badly.

OzMan
August 25th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Quite Badly.

As opposed to how it runs now??

Quite badly, but with the added benefit of driving business OUT of the store.

AmazonBitch
August 25th, 2006, 07:48 PM

;)

Excuse you.

AmazonBitch
August 25th, 2006, 07:49 PM

More like 2002/2003

OzMan
August 25th, 2006, 11:14 PM
More like 2002/2003

And when did you join?

Right now, I'm not sure I trust your sense of time, anyway;)

Still waiting..............

AmazonBitch
August 26th, 2006, 08:35 AM
And when did you join?

Right now, I'm not sure I trust your sense of time, anyway;)

Still waiting..............

I'll give your old brain a boost. I was here for at least 6 months with BBK. I was on the old site. I'm pretty sure my join date is wrong. I KNOW my post count is wrong (by about 2500 posts). And my post count only goes up by 1 about every 3-5 posts.

OzMan
August 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I'll give your old brain a boost. I was here for at least 6 months with BBK. I was on the old site. I'm pretty sure my join date is wrong. I KNOW my post count is wrong (by about 2500 posts). And my post count only goes up by 1 about every 3-5 posts.

Theory of General Relativity.

Part of time dilation. As time slows (which is what happens when someone said "I'll call you tomorrow" three days ago ;) ) your post count would also slow.

I suspect it has something to do with the way the universe revolves around you. Still can't understand how that doesn't make you dizzy. :D

(Ah, yes, I do so love that old chestnut)

AmazonBitch
August 26th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Theory of General Relativity.

Part of time dilation. As time slows (which is what happens when someone said "I'll call you tomorrow" three days ago ;) ) your post count would also slow.

I suspect it has something to do with the way the universe revolves around you. Still can't understand how that doesn't make you dizzy. :D

(Ah, yes, I do so love that old chestnut)

Don't be a brat. :p

I had 5 Karate lessons this week - it's been nasty to balance with work. Sorry I didn't call you, I will make time to do so this weekend.

OzMan
August 26th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I had 5 Karate lessons this week -

Uh oh. Sounds like someone's in for a serious arse kicking.

;)