PDA

View Full Version : Nintedo DS Lite

CraZy4gaMeZ
February 24th, 2006, 05:48 PM
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060126.jpg
Nintendo likes to be a little difficult on us from time to time, but we're stoked that after they decided to redesign the DS, then reneged, that they reneged the renege and went through with it anyhow -- though honestly, knowing Nintendo, it was an inevitability given their (and everyone else's) penchant for redesigning their consoles to drive sales. Anywho, their new Nintendo DS Lite skimps on the size and weight by shaving off 1/3rd of the bulk and 20-percent of the weight, and will apparently be released in Japan on March 2nd for ¥16,800 (about $145). It's important to remember, however, that the DS Lite we see here may not be the device that you actually buy, being that these are still considered to be design mock-ups.

MissHailstorm
February 25th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Know if it still plays GBA? Not that I'm all that bothered, as I detest playing GBA on my DS... :o

ButThatMovieHadNUDITY
February 25th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Yep, it does.

Skand
February 25th, 2006, 06:32 AM
That's cool. I never liked my daughter's DS because it was so big and bulky.

outcastaside
April 22nd, 2006, 09:01 PM
Apparently the GBA cartridge sticks out a cm or two from the DS itself. They also moved the sylus to the middle of the bottom of the console (it's parallel to the screens) so there isn't anywhere to store an extra cartridge (not a big problem). It looks pretty cool.

The only thing that sucks is not know the release date for the US. EGM is saying it will be out some time during May, but EB Games and Gamestop are taking pre-orders (bundles, of course) and the release date they've projected is June 1. We'll see, I guess.

I guess we won't receive anything in the stores about it until there is a definite release date. An ASM and I tried looking it up in the database, but couldn't find it. I don't think it is there, but I wonder what it will be under.

outcastaside
May 6th, 2006, 03:23 PM
US Release date is June 11. It will be going for $129.99.

We all know how BBV likes to hide consoles in the database by putting it under a different acronym or adding spaces before hyphens - anything to make it hard for us to find it. Does anyone know if it is in the database, yet? I have a feeling GameRush stores won't be hearing about the Lite until the end of the month or some time in June. I am just wondering if GameRush stores will carry these and what colors they will be carrying. I guess I'll keep an eye out. If anyone hears anything let me know.