PDA

View Full Version : 25 rental pass threats

randy_marsh
August 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM
The DM phoned today and left a msg, which was promptly written down by the CSR and stuck on the wall in the back of the store

"All rental pass targets must be met. If they are not, Dm will visit the store and deal with those involved"

Hilarious. From what I gather we are doing pretty well in it. Why do they threaten and try to scare employees, even when things are going well?

wazootybob
August 14th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I think DM or for that matter SM threats are silly. "Deal with those involved?" Please, I want an arena setup and whoever doesn't sell passes deals with Master Blaster.

Aphrodite
August 14th, 2006, 06:57 PM
The DM phoned today and left a msg, which was promptly written down by the CSR and stuck on the wall in the back of the store

"All rental pass targets must be met. If they are not, Dm will visit the store and deal with those involved"

Hilarious. From what I gather we are doing pretty well in it. Why do they threaten and try to scare employees, even when things are going well?

I wouldnt worry too much. 'Deal with those involved' means getting the staff together and boring them to death for 15 minutes while they drone on about how you should be pushing it to everyone (which you are already doing) and the lines you should be using when asking people (which you are already doing). :rolleyes:

igniteice
August 14th, 2006, 08:12 PM
One time, I suggested to my CSR to try selling some Rewards. She asked, "What kind of incentive is there?" Never asked her again. I just sell them myself now. I guess I'll get these new CSRs I just hired to sell them. And selling a movie pass? Unheard of.

brantheman
August 14th, 2006, 08:45 PM
The only thing being strictly pushed at my store is the online. And we're leading the way in our district right now :)

When Rewards was being pushed hardcore, I was selling them like crazy.

As for movie pass....those only get sold when the customer brings it up and asks to sign up. I try and tell them that the online is a better deal, but whatever. And I try and sell the game pass to anyone who I KNOW will benefit from it (like renting 3 games or more a month, yada yada yada).

We had our "bricks and clicks" meeting yesterday. Bricks and Clicks...hehehe...did everyone get that?

igniteice
August 14th, 2006, 08:48 PM
The only thing being strictly pushed at my store is the online. And we're leading the way in our district right now :)

We automatically assume everyone on this board is leading in their district. Some kind of selling phenomenon.

zooworker
August 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM
One time, I suggested to my CSR to try selling some Rewards. She asked, "What kind of incentive is there?" Never asked her again. I just sell them myself now. I guess I'll get these new CSRs I just hired to sell them. And selling a movie pass? Unheard of.

I reply to them "How about you get to keep your job?"

We automatically assume everyone on this board is leading in their district. Some kind of selling phenomenon.

Nah, we aren't leading in our district, my SM doesn't even try. While he was gone for a few weeks we hit our goals because I pushed them. But now there is no push from the SM. But I don't let it stop me.

igniteice
August 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I reply to them "How about you get to keep your job?"

I'm not in a good position right now to make wild threats like that. Basically because, I can't back it up right now. Said employee works every friday/saturday night, is always on time, never takes those nights off, always there, follows policies 100%... some people are good at selling, but they seem to never fucking show up to work, bastards.

the boy wonder uk
August 15th, 2006, 04:44 AM

I know one district that the DM has stipulated that all staff this week must have a ROM to find out why they did not hit thier points target. And all SMs that run stores in the same district who did not hit target have had to have a special pre-MOR meeting with the DM.

It wouldnt be so bad but this DM is the most boring idiot I have ever heard and he has absolutely no personality at all. He wouldnt even be able to sell them himself if they were 10 each.

cbcsr
August 15th, 2006, 10:32 AM
any one else ever feel like they now work in telesales rather than the retail and entertainment business???

sorry i gotta say this....less pressure...more reults....lower targets more hapiness when they are achieved

bring back the three for ten...have the passes available all year round at a set price without the extra vouchers (ie purely rental) no pressure selling, more rewards for regular, honest and respectable customers and make the world a happy place!

oh and....ten rentals for £10 sounds like a wicked idea.....10 rents 10 quid for three weeks...there's an idea for the suits...we could all sell them!!!! we'd meet the targets on those babys eh?

the boy wonder uk
August 15th, 2006, 11:44 AM
But be outta work next month

cbcsr
August 15th, 2006, 11:54 AM
But be outta work next month

who?? me you or the company in general...just thinking out loud...a humble opinion

the boy wonder uk
August 15th, 2006, 02:01 PM
at £1 per rental over an extended period we would be bankrupt within 3 months

MissHailstorm
August 18th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I know one district that the DM has stipulated that all staff this week must have a ROM to find out why they did not hit thier points target. And all SMs that run stores in the same district who did not hit target have had to have a special pre-MOR meeting with the DM.

It wouldnt be so bad but this DM is the most boring idiot I have ever heard and he has absolutely no personality at all. He wouldnt even be able to sell them himself if they were £10 each.

He's a little theory. Setting targets that remain the same from week to week. So... is there going to be a particular reason why we'll get a sudden influx of customers towards the end of the 4 weeks? All those leaflets they've provided us to hand out, maybe?

Is there anywhere out there who has increased points from week to week? I would really like to know.

PS. If I get any threats like this, I'll stop trying altoghether. Simple as that.

the boy wonder uk
August 18th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Didnt realise you had started ;)

MissHailstorm
August 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Didnt realise you had started ;)

I know that was a joke, but seriously, don't get me started. :( I'm sick to the back teeth of this offer, now. If no-one bites over the weekend, I'll probably give up.

SavageUK
August 18th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Well, hasn't there only been two complete weeks of the promotion? Hard to really tell if points are increasing, but Week 2 for us was definately better than Week 1. We came two points off our target on Week 2, so that was a result!

2for2pounds
August 18th, 2006, 04:36 PM
This week the main people who i've sold passes to are the ones who i have already asked last week (mostly 1 point regulars) and i think i've just worn them down and i'm worn down too.

This promo has been very tiring . i don't know about anyone else but i'm more knackered at the end of a shift than i was during 99p week and i'm getting a sore throat from constantly selling,i get my words mixed up cos iv'e said the same thing over and over and over, i'm a gibbering wreak by 9.30

I simply can't wait till it finishes i think i'm gonna have a fucking party and i suggest you all do the same.

i'm fucked off with the whole thing.:( :(

SavageUK
August 19th, 2006, 12:28 AM
This promo has been very tiring . i don't know about anyone else but i'm more knackered at the end of a shift than i was during 99p week and i'm getting a sore throat from constantly selling,i get my words mixed up cos iv'e said the same thing over and over and over, i'm a gibbering wreak by 9.30

That's completely on the money. We're constantly told "make sure everyone is given a genuine offer of the pass" blah blah blah, but I find it can be completely out of place to offer to some people, and I usually bungle it up to these people and I think this looks bad on Blockbuster as an entity. The fact that we've got to try to upsell these things from a customer point of view may look pretty bad. The Tesco "clubcard" is never upsold, all they say is

Cashier: "Do you have a clubcard?"
Me: "Nope, sorry"
Cashier: "Would you like one?"
Me: "Nah"

end of that sale.

I admit that we've got to offer to some people, people who may actually appreciate the offer. But for some customers, like people on their mobile phones, or those chatting with the people they're with, pressuring them to listen to the pass offer is pretty shit. Fortunately because I'm usually MOD, and not on shift with the SM, I can get away with offering only to the people as I see fit, but I feel for some of you who have a manager breathing down your neck at the till point.

i.hate.u
August 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM
ooh i dont like these incentives....i do and i dont....
i dont like them if we dont do very well cos the managers think
we arent trying...and then the DM's get all hyped and everything
is a horrible mood.
apparently if we dont stay above 4% of rental visits with this,
our manager has to have a meetin with her DM :eek:

Beer_Monkey
August 19th, 2006, 09:18 AM
It happens all the time with these things. SMs learn to deal with the shit thats thrown at them.

c:nt
August 19th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Yesterday I invited my DM to come down and show us how its done.

I got told that wasnt the right attitude to have.

Note to DM. The offer still stands.

MissHailstorm
August 19th, 2006, 10:34 AM

Sweet. :)

Why do they assume we're not doing it right? Honestly? Those 'helpful tips' the top DM filtered down to us are nothing new. There's no "magic" way of doing it. Some stores do well and others don't. Sometimes it takes good sellers, sometimes it takes good customers, but most of the time, its an amalgamation of the two.

We got a call from the SM who's looking after the district, but he was actually quite nice. he said it was more of a warning that we'll get a bollocking on Monday, when the DM returns. Oh, well. My SM says he'll be happy if we don't finish bottom. We're aiming for about 3rd or 4th from bottom. :D

the boy wonder uk
August 19th, 2006, 01:23 PM
I dont know a single DM that would feature in my stores top 5 salespeople.

2for2pounds
August 19th, 2006, 05:45 PM

That's cool ha ha :D . Our DM doesn't know jack shit about selling , he doesn't even know how to work the friggin' till

Aphrodite
August 19th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Hahahah :D

Read "that wasnt the right attitude to have" as "Im shit scared of coming down because I know I wont sell any" ;)

the boy wonder uk
August 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM
Just like Miss H then Aph :D

MissHailstorm
August 21st, 2006, 01:29 PM
Just like Miss H then Aph :D

Sorry... what do you mean by that?

the boy wonder uk
August 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM
"I wont sell any"

Sorry Miss h

MissHailstorm
August 21st, 2006, 02:38 PM
"I wont sell any"

Sorry Miss h

Sorry, just checking you were insinuating that I'm not trying, or summat. Granted, my morale is getting lower by the day, but I'm still trying... :(