PDA

View Full Version : stupid trade in story's

cbcsr
August 15th, 2006, 03:33 AM
normal day untill....

spoilt brat came in with his mum....

customer: i wanna trade my psp and games in for credit.

csr: ok no problem....

(bleep bleep bleep on the till.....)

customer accepts in store credit pays another £80 and buys an xb360 console and hard drive.

3 weeks pass.

spoilt brat and mum enter store again....

customer: i wanna trade in my 360 i dont like it...

both csr's on duty look at the mum....

she smiles awkwardly and says nothing, then a nod of the head.

csr: are you sure you wanna do this..why dont you like it???
brat: i dont like the game play, the pads are to big and the graphics are rubbish i want a psp.

csr: didnt you trade in your psp for this any way?????
brat: yeah
csr looks at mum again. still no reply

brat trades in his xb360. uses his in store credit and buys back his psp. uses the rest of his credit to buy a couple of games and leaves the store with less games than he originally had.

oh my god!!!
how do parents allow this?:confused: :confused: :confused:

the boy wonder uk
August 15th, 2006, 03:54 AM
You must work in a shitty area.

Bet your Sm loved the extra trade profit tho. :D

Beer_Monkey
August 15th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Silly Child,

A PSP is in no way as good as a 360. No doubt it will be trading the PSP in for a PS3 at Christmas because it knows Mummy will pay for it.

coldie
August 15th, 2006, 06:16 AM
If I get one more twat who tries to trade in bootleg stuff and then bitches about it, I'm going to hit his head until candy comes out.

One even had the nerve to tell me they were Region 1 DVDs from European distributors. Nevermind the fact that the discs were blue, had burn rings, had obviously printed disc art (you could tell it was a plastic adhesive sticker) and phony faded ink inserts. How insulting.

Of course, then there's that twat who tries to bring in PS2 demo discs...

coldie
August 15th, 2006, 06:38 AM
The worst of the lot, however, would have to be all these black kids that come in with games thinking they're about to make mad ca$h money or some shit.

They all get turned away at one point for these reasons:

They find out we only give store credit.
They find trade means it's based on value of the game, not straight across, they'll be damned if we won't trade Madden 2002 for NBA Live 06.
All the games they bring are scratched to hell and back, without cases.
The games they bring are worthless, so when they find out they'll only get $2.50 for Madden 2002, 2003, NBA Live 03, Narc, NBA Jam, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance they just shake their head and leave.

Do these dumbasses think we'll give something for nothing? No, Jamaal, unlike your welfare and project house (which your address is listed in), while you squalor my tax dollars, we're not operated by the US govt, and you'll get no special treatment from us.

Adornedatom
August 15th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I don't mind the customers who shake their heads and leave. It's the ones who try to barter that stress me out.

C/I'd like cash for these DVDs, none of that store credit crap.
M/Ok, we offer £1.50 each cash price.
C/I want more than that.
I clear the screen and hand customer back his films.
C/I want at least £4 a disk.
M/Sorry the price is none negotiable.
C/I wont accept less than £4 each.
M/That's fine, you are under no obligation to sell us the DVDs if you're unhappy with the price.
C/I do want to sell them, but I want at least £4 a DVD.
M/It's a yes or no deal. Yes you're happy to sell your DVDs for £1.50 each, and you take that cash, or no you're not happy to sell your DVDs for £1.50 each in which case we don't want them.
Customer finally leaves.

coldie
August 15th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Yeah, we're not pawn shops either. If they think they're getting $4/£4 for the likes of Angels in the Outfield and Master P's "Bad Bizness" then they're dead wrong.

cbcsr
August 15th, 2006, 09:07 AM
You must work in a shitty area.

Bet your Sm loved the extra trade profit tho. :D

well....not so much a bad area...you just dont wana walk around with too much money in your pocket....like the women yesterday who said she hates my area and refuses to carry any cash or visit the cashpoints next door to the store (approx 20 paces) and insisted on paying by cheque....

the psp story is still renowned in our store...oh how we laugh

the boy wonder uk
August 15th, 2006, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=coldie;182952]The worst of the lot, however, would have to be all these black kids that come in with games thinking they're about to make mad ca$h money or some shit.

QUOTE]

Hey white boy be carefull

the boy wonder uk
August 15th, 2006, 10:42 AM
The worst of the lot, however, would have to be all these black kids that come in with games thinking they're about to make mad ca$h money or some shit.

Hey white boy be careful

Spindles
August 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Probably the most bizzarre would be the chinese guy who tried to trade in a box of counterfeit dvds to me. There were only about 5 or 6 random titles in the box and multiple copies of those. They were all in those ridiculous little thin amarays that the distributors have started sending films in recently and looked dodgy as hell.

While I was looking over them, he left the box on the counter and vanished. Thinking that he had legged it I called in a couple of police who were dealing with the local yobs outside of my store. Whilst explaining the situation to the lovely officers, the guy wanders casually back up to the counter again. At which point he is taken to one side, another four or so police enter the store and promptly arrest him.

Not only does he have another box of these DVD's in his boot but he is also driving around in a stolen car and on a provisional licence. Whatever may be said about this guy... He had balls!

the boy wonder uk
August 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Way to go Spindles.

Strike 1 for FACT

Inferno4
August 15th, 2006, 11:18 PM
If I get one more twat who tries to trade in bootleg stuff and then bitches about it, I'm going to hit his head until candy comes out.

Do these dumbasses think we'll give something for nothing? No, Jamaal, unlike your welfare and project house (which your address is listed in), while you squalor my tax dollars, we're not operated by the US govt, and you'll get no special treatment from us.

LMAO...you crack me up coldie :D

Beer_Monkey
August 16th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Probably the most bizzarre would be the chinese guy who tried to trade in a box of counterfeit dvds to me. There were only about 5 or 6 random titles in the box and multiple copies of those. They were all in those ridiculous little thin amarays that the distributors have started sending films in recently and looked dodgy as hell.

While I was looking over them, he left the box on the counter and vanished. Thinking that he had legged it I called in a couple of police who were dealing with the local yobs outside of my store. Whilst explaining the situation to the lovely officers, the guy wanders casually back up to the counter again. At which point he is taken to one side, another four or so police enter the store and promptly arrest him.

Not only does he have another box of these DVD's in his boot but he is also driving around in a stolen car and on a provisional licence. Whatever may be said about this guy... He had balls!

What a public spirited guy you are :D

That beats my mate who grassed up a scumbag to ASDA security before he got to the alcahol section. We just stood in the booze section and discussed the booze we were going to purchase whilst this scumbag couldnt nick anythin because there were loads of ASDA drones atching him.

the boy wonder uk
August 16th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Got you off the hook tho monkey!:D

Spindles
August 16th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Project Unity? Bah... I'll take them all myself...

I'll fight them on the beaches... I'll blah, blah blah.... :D

Morbid Angel
August 16th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Silly Child,

A PSP is in no way as good as a 360. No doubt it will be trading the PSP in for a PS3 at Christmas because it knows Mummy will pay for it.

Dumbass should have traded it in for a DS. He would have been much happier.

Sony sucks.

brantheman
August 17th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Your stores actually sell consoles? That's like, unheard of at every BB i've visited in my district.

Oh, and I love when customers try and "talk you up" with the prices. It's funny, because they actually think we actually care/have the ability to do that. :)

Beer_Monkey
August 17th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Dumbass should have traded it in for a DS. He would have been much happier.

Sony sucks.

Very true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Aphrodite
August 17th, 2006, 06:52 AM
You wont be saying that when the PS3 comes out ;)

SavageUK
August 17th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Why's that, PS3 is going to be shit by most peoples opinion...

whorehoppin
August 17th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Oh, and I love when customers try and "talk you up" with the prices. It's funny, because they actually think we actually care/have the ability to do that. :)

years ago I worked for a company that sold really expensive items...3 of my co-workers got arrested (and fired) because shady customers would come in and offer them $50 cash if they would help them steal stuff. I'm talking about garden tractors and snow blowers - once our boss realized all this shit was missing he started sending in undercover cops offering the same deal to all of my co-workers, and like I said, 3 of them got busted!

the boy wonder uk
August 17th, 2006, 10:14 AM

Aph Im a top 5 retail games store and even im not gonna get any PS3s.

Spindles
August 17th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I've already put in my request to the easter bunny for some ps3's. :D

Aphrodite
August 18th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Aph Im a top 5 retail games store and even im not gonna get any PS3s.

Ive got three words for you...

presales presales presales :p

the boy wonder uk
August 18th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Gamestation are already refunding thier presales so what hope do we have?

HardcoreKeith
August 18th, 2006, 09:24 AM
I require *valid* driver's license for trading, so, if the address isn't correct and they moved more than 10 days ago, no tradey. This eliminates like 75% of possible trades. (We have to do a big form with all game trades. It's a huge pain in the ass and screws up the schedule of the whole shift.) But then I also refuse items without cover art or box. I used to just "competitive price match" them down by 25% or so, but really, none of our customers will buy items without artwork. A lot of them even require manual or it's no deal. :rolleyes:

Aphrodite
August 18th, 2006, 05:48 PM

None at all, but you know were still going to be pushing it ;)

Koron
August 18th, 2006, 10:54 PM
PS3 vs. Wii

I'm buying the Wii :)

http://uniquepeek.com/viewpage.php?page_id=166

Beer_Monkey
August 19th, 2006, 04:55 AM

Not True. They are not taking anymore.

kellyreedx
August 19th, 2006, 09:26 AM

They all get turned away at one point for these reasons:

They find out we only give store credit.
They find trade means it's based on value of the game, not straight across, they'll be damned if we won't trade Madden 2002 for NBA Live 06.
All the games they bring are scratched to hell and back, without cases.
The games they bring are worthless, so when they find out they'll only get $2.50 for Madden 2002, 2003, NBA Live 03, Narc, NBA Jam, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance they just shake their head and leave.

:mad: think this comment is a bit harsh! U think its only black kidz are foolish? i bet theres more than one ignorant white person out there 2!

zooworker
August 19th, 2006, 11:15 AM
:mad: Think this comment is a bit harsh! You think its only black kids are foolish? I bet theres more than one ignorant white person out there too!
You got that right! Ignorance comes in all races.
By the way I fixed it for you.:rolleyes:

AmazonBitch
August 19th, 2006, 12:16 PM
By the way I fixed it for you.:rolleyes:

Actually, you still didn't quite get the job done. I think it's multi level task.... :D

the boy wonder uk
August 19th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Not True. They are not taking anymore.

Monkey biggest video game store in Europe is the Game store in Birmingham.

They took 500 presale deposits and then refunded 450 of them.

Aphrodite
August 19th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Quoted for truth ;)

Beer_Monkey
August 20th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Monkey biggest video game store in Europe is the Game store in Birmingham.

They took 500 presale deposits and then refunded 450 of them.

Yer but thats GAME.

c:nt
August 21st, 2006, 01:31 PM
Found out something shit today.

My local Woolworths now does trade in.

All formats except PS1 and Gamecube, titles must be newer than 3 years old, and they dont give cash but still bad news. People that trade for credit surely would rather use it in Woolworths. They are cheaper, better selection, and you dont have to use the credit back on games. You can buy anything in store.

MissHailstorm
August 21st, 2006, 01:36 PM
Found out something shit today.

My local Woolworths now does trade in.

All formats except PS1 and Gamecube, titles must be newer than 3 years old, and they dont give cash but still bad news. People that trade for credit surely would rather use it in Woolworths. They are cheaper, better selection, and you dont have to use the credit back on games. You can buy anything in store.

Nahh, you just excluded about 90% of my traders. :D

"Wha you maehn I onleh get 50p fer 'Fifa 2001'? Cost me like 40 quid, biatch!"

August 21st, 2006, 01:39 PM
My customers use the trade in service properly. They buy a game, trade it in 1 month later as they have completed it, take the credit, and then buy the latest game.

Woolworths looks a very good deal.

They also have their heads screwed on - no refunds on used product, just exchanges.

As an added though, I might start selling gift vouchers to people that dont have an account that want a refund for no good reason.

MissHailstorm
August 21st, 2006, 01:43 PM
They also have their heads screwed on - no refunds on used product, just exchanges.

That's our policy too, c:nt. We only have to refund if the item is defective. And that's not up to us, but it's a UK law. If Woolworths are refusing to refund a defective used item, they are, in fact, breaking the law.

I only refund used goods for any other reason than defective in exceptional circumstances, like it was an unwanted gifts (plentiful chavs mean we get a lot of people buying ex-rentals as birthday presents). But it must be brought back very quickly, like 1 or 2 days, and the customer must be convincing. Still, we write down all refunds in a book to monitor anyone that might be abusing the system.

As an added though, I might start selling gift vouchers to people that dont have an account that want a refund for no good reason.

Yes, I've done that before. I love gift vouchers, they are great. Apart from the obvious use, they're perfect for custoemrs who want their trade credit protected, and also transferring between stores.

Off-topic, but do you know if they'll replenish us once we run out? We're down to about 10 £20 ones, now. I know they were gonna get rid of them, but then back-tracked.

August 21st, 2006, 01:47 PM
I dont know, worth a go but what with new wave loosing their contract, I really cant see NYK having any vouchers in stock.

Im sure any store will give you their supply.

(Oh and Woolies do refund if defective, sorry)

MissHailstorm
August 21st, 2006, 01:49 PM
I dont know, worth a go but what with new wave loosing their contract, I really cant see NYK having any vouchers in stock.

Im sure any store will give you their supply.

(Oh and Woolies do refund if defective, sorry)

Yeah, I'm surprised no-one's started a thread on NYK. Any gossip on why they're being dropped? (Put it in a new thread if you like...)

I'm guessing cost. :cool:

August 21st, 2006, 01:52 PM
I heard BB was fucked off with all the stock going walkies, and the amount of missing items in boxes.

With me 99% of the time vendors deliveries are spot on.

NYK - possibly correct 70% of the time. Crap company. Hope we drop Lynx too!

MissHailstorm
August 21st, 2006, 01:56 PM
I heard BB was fucked off with all the stock going walkies, and the amount of missing items in boxes.

With me 99% of the time vendors deliveries are spot on.

NYK - possibly correct 70% of the time. Crap company. Hope we drop Lynx too!

The same. Our vendors are usually fine. Apart from when they short-shipped 5 copies of 'Alien Autopsy' and wouldn't re-dispatch them. However, they let me, a CSR, place a new order.

Hmm... next time I feel we don't have enough copies of something... :D

Thing is, NYK always credit anything we're down. I do wonder how they make money sometimes, but they never give us shit for it. Just worry about change... I wouldn't say Key Lekkerland are an improvement for confectionery! :p

August 21st, 2006, 01:58 PM
True, except from remember the NYK foodvdeliveries.

They would arrive at ANY time, come in hundreds of different boxes, transported by a smelly cunt in an unrefridgerated truck.

MissHailstorm
August 21st, 2006, 02:01 PM
True, except from remember the NYK foodvdeliveries.

They would arrive at ANY time, come in hundreds of different boxes, transported by a smelly cunt in an unrefridgerated truck.

Whereas Key Lekkerland turn up at a reasonable time! :rolleyes:

Honestly, one of the fuckers turned up the day after he was supposed to, saying he'd turned up at 7:30am the day before and was pissed off no-one was there! I told the cunt we didn't have to be there at that time, and he told me of an SM at another store who gave him his mobile number to be called out whenever the delivery was there. Apparently, he called him at 1:30am one particular day and the SM agreed to come out and accept the delivery.

Well... that's nice, but we don't do that in this store, miladdo.

Also have to disagree about Lynx... our driver is great. He even tells us when the packages look tampered with. Although, whenever he is off, we always get a total knobhead in his place. Oh, and there was that time when we got our own defectivs back because of an old label... :D

August 21st, 2006, 02:05 PM
1.30am=fuck off

SavageUK
August 22nd, 2006, 08:04 AM
NYK have always been great for me... Key Lekkerland are the real fuckers, or cunts. As most delivery companies are spot on all the time, I would have to say that Key Lekkerland are FREQUENTLY off on what they deliver. Had to log it with Key Lekkerland today that they didn't deliver one of the outers they said they had on the invoice sheet.

Aphrodite
August 22nd, 2006, 04:35 PM
In my experience they are both as bad as each other. Im always surprised if the week goes by WITHOUT having a missing item. :rolleyes:

SavageUK
August 22nd, 2006, 06:39 PM
The only thing wrong that I remember is that NYK sent one extra copy of DVD-Sin City (retail); they haven't been under as far as I can remember. Key Lekkerland though, I'm sure the workers at the depot must get all their candy and pop for free...

the boy wonder uk
August 23rd, 2006, 01:23 AM
key lek havent a fucking clue how to run a piss up in a brewary let alone a food logistics firm.

HardcoreKeith
August 25th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I moved 10 days ago.

Yesterday I received my new ID with my correct address on it.

CLEARLY IT'S NOT DIFFICULT AND YOU CAN DO IT TOO! Bastages.

wazootybob
August 25th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I moved 10 days ago.

Yesterday I received my new ID with my correct address on it.

CLEARLY IT'S NOT DIFFICULT AND YOU CAN DO IT TOO! Bastages.

Still within walking distance?

MissHailstorm
August 26th, 2006, 09:29 AM
It's a semi-offence to not update your address on your driving licence. Whenever I find an account using a driving licence, and the address doesn't match the one on the system, I always ask if the address we have is correct.

They always think I'm setting up the DVLA on them. :rolleyes: I don't give a fuck, as long as ours is right...

Not Checked Out
August 27th, 2006, 01:33 AM
ive had a few strange times.

one man bought in one VHS (when we used to trade in) and took 10p cash for it. o.O

another bought in 4 shit old ps2 games, was offered something like 5 quid credit and 3 quid cash. He told me hed rather give them away then trade them (i hate it when they say that), so i asked if i could have them, as a joke, he hesitated and then said "ill take the cash".

we have one customer who trades one or two dvds on a regular basis so he can get cash for a pint down the pub.

i had one youngish boy who come to me with a bag full of games and said "ummmm if i give you these games will yo buy them from me?", so i replied "you can trade in here if you have a membership, yes". to which he said "no, i just want you to buy them". so i said "yes, we will, if you show me your membership card". he says "no i dont want to rent them, i want you to buy them". After i showed him thr dictionary entry for Trade, he left all confused. Wasnt a member anyway.

the boy wonder uk
August 27th, 2006, 09:50 AM
He would be considered well read in the area where my store is.