PDA

View Full Version : Old movies still on wall--just part of the problem

cakenicing4u
September 11th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Ok, so I just transferrred to a different store, and my first night was hell there. I'm the kind of manager that works hard all nite so that 15 minutes before we close, all that's left is the drawers and the paperwork. By 15 after or so, i'm outta there. Not tonight. grrr. As a ASM I know how to do the wall, and I know my ABC's. And, i know how to take movies OFF the wall when they hit their 52 weeks. This was the worst wall I have ever seen. I took about 20 movies off the wall, JUST from S-Z that were from 2004!!! One of them still had a 2-day sticker on it. AAAAARGH! I also found other movies, like Four Brothers, that still had 2-day stickers on them.

Also, my CSR tonight was from another store as well, so it was our first night there, and she was as shocked as I was.... Empty bays here and there, from BSI to games, to retail.... Conversion is maybe 50% done....And the sections that are done, there's no yellow or blue inserts printed. All I can say is OH MY GOSH. I already miss my old store.

Please don't yell at me. Come'on... if you found TROPIX on the wall with a 2-day sticker, you'd be mad too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314803/

sar94pga
September 11th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Ok, so I just transferrred to a different store, and my first night was hell there. I'm the kind of manager that works hard all nite so that 15 minutes before we close, all that's left is the drawers and the paperwork. By 15 after or so, i'm outta there. Not tonight. grrr. As a ASM I know how to do the wall, and I know my ABC's. And, i know how to take movies OFF the wall when they hit their 52 weeks. This was the worst wall I have ever seen. I took about 20 movies off the wall, JUST from S-Z that were from 2004!!! One of them still had a 2-day sticker on it. AAAAARGH! I also found other movies, like Four Brothers, that still had 2-day stickers on them.

Also, my CSR tonight was from another store as well, so it was our first night there, and she was as shocked as I was.... Empty bays here and there, from BSI to games, to retail.... Conversion is maybe 50% done....And the sections that are done, there's no yellow or blue inserts printed. All I can say is OH MY GOSH. I already miss my old store.

Please don't yell at me. Come'on... if you found TROPIX on the wall with a 2-day sticker, you'd be mad too.

yikes, sounds like you have your work cut out for you!!! good luck!!!

brantheman
September 11th, 2006, 09:49 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314803/

So you transfered there and kept your position as an ASM, right? Whip that store back into shape and tell the lazy bastards who have been running it what needs to change and what's gonna change. I've always found tons of problems at other stores when I go work at them, so I can only imagine the crap you're having to deal with now that this is your new, permanent store. But hey, just get on the ball and fix it, and your job will be so much easier later. Good luck!!!!

zooworker
September 12th, 2006, 08:01 AM
When I came to my store I spent a week redoing the wall. Took down over 100 titles that where over 52 weeks. Now my wall is a 42 week wall, being it is so small.

DAntiheroJ
September 12th, 2006, 08:07 AM
I feel your pain, I am in the middle of getting promoted to ASM and transferred to the messiest and busiest store in the area. First order of business will be house cleaning. thank god the store manager was my old asm for almost a year before she got the store and she is ready to back me up. just gotta buckle down and crack some heads to get stuff done. good luck to you.

zooworker
September 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I feel your pain, I am in the middle of getting promoted to ASM and transferred to the messiest and busiest store in the area. First order of business will be house cleaning. thank god the store manager was my old asm for almost a year before she got the store and she is ready to back me up. just gotta buckle down and crack some heads to get stuff done. good luck to you.
Eh, things are smooth here now, been here 6 years, and 12 managers. It's a low volume store and they run them through here like cattle. They said I was the rock of this store and want me to stay. I have run this store off and on for a total of 2 1/2 years.Just waiting for the next manager.

igniteice
September 12th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Unwritten rules when posting about your store on the forum:

1. Whatever store you work at, it's always the busiest.
2. Whatever store you transfer to, it's always the most disorganized.
3. The staff at other stores is either non-existent or they're all morons.
4. Your store never gets enough copies of any movie, ever.
5. Your store is always number one in sales in the district, and probably in the state and in the nation too.
6. You always deal with the worst customers.
7. Your store manager is always lazy as hell and takes mad amounts of vacation, unless you are the store manager, then you're the only one who does any work in the store.
8. That store down the street heard about a store down the street being robbed, but maybe it was the store down the street from that store that was robbed.
9. Your store always has the most shrink and most movies stolen in the district.
10. Anytime your store isn't number one in sales it's at least "somewhere in the top 10" in your district -- AMAZING!

whorehoppin
September 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM
how would you feel if you went into another store and saw that they still had a full bay of Ring 2 on the new release wall and only 1 row of a big title that just came out that week?

igniteice
September 12th, 2006, 02:26 PM
how would you feel if you went into another store and saw that they still had a full bay of Ring 2 on the new release wall and only 1 row of a big title that just came out that week?

Actually, I've had to go and close a store after their entire staff was laid off and the doors were locked and I had the privledge of taking down everything (as it was part of our franchise.)

This particular store was absolutely horrid. There were movies on the New Release wall using all types of locks because of their lack of cases and locks (blue locks, old jewel case locks, N64 game locks (big black locks), the thin black locks, yellow locks, the old old big blue locks (the ones that aren't detachable from the case - they use the silver magnet.)

So unlocking all the movies took an entirely too long of a process.

There were movies on that wall that were kept there to take up space that indeed had 2-day stickers on them and came out 2-3 years ago. I don't know if they were just lazy, or they didn't have movies to replace the space with, or they didn't have space in BSI... they still have a full anime section of VHS. They still had a classics section of VHS. They had so much VHS! This was in 2006, mind you.

So yes, I have been there and seen it.

zooworker
September 12th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I would feel that this is a store that the DL doesn't visit or care about. Also how can you have a full bay of ring2 , damn the prp downloads took care of that.

whorehoppin
September 12th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I would feel that this is a store that the DL doesn't visit or care about. Also how can you have a full bay of ring2 , damn the prp downloads took care of that.

correction: full bay of backer cards for Ring 2 - only about 5 actual rentals on the shelf.

and the DL comes into my store and bitches that I have a 2-day title too low on the wall!

I've seen stores with 2-day red inserts still in them and the rent codes were still X....and they were in BSI!

I've seen PRP sections that had tons of movies with rental inserts and price stickers on them, they couldn't find the coverart so they figured the customers would buy movies that say "weekly rental" on them. I've also seen many stores that use the generic inserts and backer cards but don't do "PRINT DISPLAY BOX INSERT" so they have barcodes on them, and the same stores print their game deadboxes with the Display Box Insert format!!

zooworker
September 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM
correction: full bay of backer cards for Ring 2 - only about 5 actual rentals on the shelf.

and the DL comes into my store and bitches that I have a 2-day title too low on the wall!

I've seen stores with 2-day red inserts still in them and the rent codes were still X....and they were in BSI!

I've seen PRP sections that had tons of movies with rental inserts and price stickers on them, they couldn't find the coverart so they figured the customers would buy movies that say "weekly rental" on them. I've also seen many stores that use the generic inserts and backer cards but don't do "PRINT DISPLAY BOX INSERT" so they have barcodes on them, and the same stores print their game deadboxes with the Display Box Insert format!!
What a cluster fuck..........

OzMan
September 12th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Actually, I've had to go and close a store after their entire staff was laid off and the doors were locked and I had the privledge of taking down everything (as it was part of our franchise.)

This particular store was absolutely horrid. There were movies on the New Release wall using all types of locks because of their lack of cases and locks (blue locks, old jewel case locks, N64 game locks (big black locks), the thin black locks, yellow locks, the old old big blue locks (the ones that aren't detachable from the case - they use the silver magnet.)

I think we can all guess why this store wasn't making money:rolleyes:

DAntiheroJ
September 13th, 2006, 06:43 AM
What? I didn't say any of that, so I don't get what you are trying to say..... If this was just something general please explain. Sorry for being new here and not knowing all this......
Unwritten rules when posting about your store on the forum:

1. Whatever store you work at, it's always the busiest.

(I am at the slowest store in the district, and moving to the busiest)

2. Whatever store you transfer to, it's always the most disorganized.

(when we closed my old store we sent 50 hundred count boxes of prp and random bsi to the store I am going to, so yes it is the messiest since they are still receving and converting it.)

3. The staff at other stores is either non-existent or they're all morons.

(most staff are morons, fact of life)

4. Your store never gets enough copies of any movie, ever.

(Does any store? unless it is something worthless like Bloodrayne)

5. Your store is always number one in sales in the district, and probably in the state and in the nation too.

(HAH!)

6. You always deal with the worst customers.

(All customers suck)

10. Anytime your store isn't number one in sales it's at least "somewhere in the top 10" in your district -- AMAZING!

(easy enough with like tweleve stores in most districts)

igniteice
September 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM
That went right over your head.

DAntiheroJ
September 13th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Sorry for being slow, please enlighten me.......

Blockbusted
September 13th, 2006, 12:45 PM

Honk honk dilly dilly honk honk

Andrew-

igniteice
September 13th, 2006, 02:24 PM

It was a rhetorical general self-explanitory statement.

But I guess the only people who would truly understand it are long members of the board who have read countless posts dealing with the things I listed.

As such, someone new to the board would not understand it, because some of the things I listed apply to things posted by those new members.

Your original post, about moving to a busy store, was not the "fuel" to add to the fire but merely the ignition... I provided the fuel.

DAntiheroJ
September 14th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Gotcha. I see now. And looking through other threads I see what you are saying. Sorry for taking it personally.