PDA

View Full Version : Life After Blockbuster...

SL_600
September 22nd, 2006, 11:59 PM
About a month and a half ago, I terminated my employment with Blockbuster Video. This, after seven long years of service. The fact that I liked the company is evident when you consider that I held three full-time jobs, one after the other, while keeping BBV as a part-time gig. If that's not clear to some, that's one full-time job and BBV part-time over a seven year period.
I have fond memories from when I first started in early '99. The atmosphere was totally different from how it is now. I have seen my share of promotions, programs, and initiatives. Several RDOs, DLs, ten SMs, and myriads of CSRs, SLs, and ASMs. Not to mention the customers that I faithfully served and treated like royalty. I came to be viewed as a pillar of that store. When they thought about Blockbuster, they thought about Zach. That's me.
Sadly, all good things run their course and so must end. I guess you could say that I got comfortable. Each day of the week there's specific tasks to complete and aside from having different customers to deal with, it's the same stuff, different day. You get into Blockbuster mode and before you know it, a year has gone by, then two, then three.
You may be wondering what I'm rambling on about. Well as the title of the thread points out, there is life after Blockbuster. I recommend BBV to any young person who is looking for part-time or seasonal work and also anyone fortunate enough to land a SM position. Those are the only ones I see who can take advantage of all that BBV has to offer. Anyone else, IMHO is selling themselves short. If you are working while pursuing higher education, a pass is given. If you live in a rural town and there just aren't any other jobs around, a pass is given. If you already have a degree and you are stagnating at BBV letting weeks, months, and years go by......for shame. There are other companies who really care about their employees. I found one. I guess I see now what AmazonBitch, BBTyrant and others are saying when they urge us to move on. Amazon.... your analogy of a neglected child suddenly coming into a loving family has become the truest thing that I ever heard. As the company goes from survival mode to desperation, things will advance rapidly from bad to worse. Decisions made years ago have done irreparable damage to the company and there isn't anything that can be done to fix it. In conclusion, I would like to encourage you all to update the old resume and set aside time to see what's out there. What do you have to lose?
p.s. On the off chance that the person from corporate who thought up EOLF is reading this. Take a bow Sir or Madam. You put the nail in the coffin.

igniteice
September 23rd, 2006, 01:26 AM
Nice post; read it and I understand it.

BBVTyrant
September 23rd, 2006, 05:02 AM
Congratulations. I know it's hard to make that dive at first. Amazon was the one responsible for pushing me and pushing me to do it, as I was in that rut you were mentioning. But I finally got the courage to take the leap and I am treated to a whole new world. One where you actually get hour lunch breaks, work 9-5 while being off on the weekends, where you don't have to worry about working holidays, babysitting children, and the list goes on and on.

Thanks for sharing your story!

johnlow71
September 23rd, 2006, 05:06 AM
like there care. but gl to you and your life.

Antithesys
September 23rd, 2006, 07:29 AM
Who is this Amazon and when is she going to talk ME into it? Can she do it in the next twenty minutes so I don't have to go in today?

DAntiheroJ
September 23rd, 2006, 08:15 AM
As a two year employee who has been out of college a year I am almost holding my breath for someone to give me a real job that will let me use my degree and stop being Blockbuster's He-Bitch. Working my ass of to make it happen too. If only it could happen now. I am tired of waiting.

I am jealous as hell of anyone who has make it happen, and cheers to all others who are trying. This experience is wonderful since it teaches us to apprecate more when something happens.

wazootybob
September 23rd, 2006, 08:30 AM
So, you're trying to promote the LaBB plan? :D

Angry
September 23rd, 2006, 10:25 AM
As a two year employee who has been out of college a year I am almost holding my breath for someone to give me a real job that will let me use my degree and stop being Blockbuster's He-Bitch. Working my ass of to make it happen too. If only it could happen now. I am tired of waiting.

I am jealous as hell of anyone who has make it happen, and cheers to all others who are trying. This experience is wonderful since it teaches us to apprecate more when something happens.

Interesting way of looking at it. I'm in the same boat as you, only it's been 2 years since college graduation for myself. Unless you plan on staying in retail, companies don't care about work experience at Blockbuster. I mean, it's better than collecting unemployment for months on end, but, well... it's Blockbuster.

OzMan
September 23rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
Who is this Amazon and when is she going to talk ME into it? Can she do it in the next twenty minutes so I don't have to go in today?

Simply put, do you want to leave on YOUR terms or on BBI's terms??

I have a rule (that I enforce with all of my employees)... there's no bullshit "I have a doctor's appointment" or anything with me. GO TO THE INTERVIEW!!! You never know what the offer will be, and just because you go to the interview, doesn't mean you have to take the job. But if you turn down a better job and a better life out of some false loyality to me, I will kick your arse.

So, dust off the resume, and start going to interviews. Find out what's out there, and find out your true worth. There are plenty of people that have. Many have found that they were severly shortchanging themselves at BBI. Others, sadly, have circumstances (of location, usually) that mean that BBI is the best out there.... for now.

But, get off your arse and find out for yourself. You have no right to bitch if you fail to improve your own circumstances.

There's a story that I heard from a priest one time, but it's so applicable in so many circumstances:

A religious guy was sitting on the roof of his flooded house. A guy comes by in a boat and says "Come on, I'll save you". The guy says no, the Lord will provide.

The water gets higher and higher. A few hours later another boat comes by, and the guy says "Come on, I'll save you" The guy says no, the Lord will provide.

The water continues to rise, and is almost engulfing the roof. A helecopter comes by, and they lower a ladder. The guy waves them off, saying the Lord will provide.

The waters sweep him away and he dies. He faces the Lord and asks why He did not provide.

The Lord says "I sent two boats and a helecopter. What more did you want??"

The moral?? You make your own opportunity. You have a computer, which means you have the means to do a nice resume. You have the ability to schedule interviews and go. The power is in your hands, and it's up to you to determine your worth and your best means of making the life you want.

Leave on your own terms.

Good enough, or do you still need AB to come in and kick your arse??:D

Antithesys
September 23rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
No I think I'll take option B thanks :D

OzMan
September 23rd, 2006, 03:46 PM

Your loss.

Hopefully, you'll come to your senses before they ask you to help box up and close down the store;)

Lomithrandel
September 23rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
I have a slightly different view of my time with Blockbuster, though I am in a different situation than most of the others on here, as I work for the only part of the company making money. I am using BB for experience and as a stepping stone to my future career. I have been fortunate enough to be able to get out of my job what I give, sad to say that is unfortunately not always the case with other employees. I however do not plan on sticking around forever, I know where I want to be before I move on, and will make the decision on my own terms when that time comes.

outcastaside
September 24th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Do any of you who used to work at BBV rent movies from there? That is, if you rent movies at all. I was just wondering.

I recently left BBV and am now doing a college program with a Fortune 100 company. However, it's the finding a new job when I return home that will be the challenge.

BBVTyrant
September 24th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Do any of you who used to work at BBV rent movies from there? That is, if you rent movies at all. I was just wondering.

I recently left BBV and am now doing a college program with a Fortune 100 company. However, it's the finding a new job when I return home that will be the challenge.

Oh, I rent movies, all right. Except I don't rent movies from Blockbuster, in-store ... or online. I am now a happy Netflix customer. Down with Blockbuster and it's $3.26 stock!

SL_600
September 24th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I left the company almost two months ago. I've been back only once to rent. I'm just waiting for enough movies that I want to see to build up so I can get the MP for a month or two. They will definitely not make a profit off of me, though. I guess my Gold Rewards is gonna expire at the end of '07.

igniteice
September 25th, 2006, 12:05 AM

I would, but I can't. Fuckers.

Mr. Stay Puft
September 25th, 2006, 12:13 AM
I rent from my local independent because it's cheaper, not many people go there, they keep their discs absolutely immaculate, and they don't try to sell me anything. If they don't have what I want, I go to Hollywood, more because it's closer than due to any anti-BB bias.

SavageUK
September 25th, 2006, 05:09 AM
I rent from my local independent because it's cheaper, not many people go there, they keep their discs absolutely immaculate
How do they do that? Bad Film all DVDs that come back with a few minor scratches?

OzMan
September 25th, 2006, 12:09 PM
How do they do that? Bad Film all DVDs that come back with a few minor scratches?

Polishes, polishing machines, educating customers, and many other ways

HardcoreKeith
September 25th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I find a cattle prod most effective in protecting product.

SL_600
September 26th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I've always thought that instead of the advertisements that are put into the amarays, they should put a message that educates the customer on how/how not to handle the discs. Along with verbal reinforcement, this could save tons of money on defective discs, credits, etc.

OzMan
September 26th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I've always thought that instead of the advertisements that are put into the amarays, they should put a message that educates the customer on how/how not to handle the discs. Along with verbal reinforcement, this could save tons of money on defective discs, credits, etc.

Isn't that sweet?? He thinks the customers actually READ!! :D:D

orbitdvd
September 26th, 2006, 03:58 AM
I rent from my local independent because it's cheaper, not many people go there, they keep their discs absolutely immaculate, and they don't try to sell me anything. If they don't have what I want, I go to Hollywood, more because it's closer than due to any anti-BB bias.

You're a good man ;)

marc

orbitdvd
September 26th, 2006, 03:59 AM

We have a machine. Our used dvds are perfect and we're slowly winning the war with the rentals.

marc

SavageUK
September 26th, 2006, 08:43 AM
We have a machine. Our used dvds are perfect and we're slowly winning the war with the rentals.

Does using this machine (which I assume wears down a small amount of the disc's surface) use up consumables every time you use it? I mean, after the initial cost of purchase, does it cost a lot to maintain (other than electricity)?

Polishes, polishing machines, educating customers, and many other ways
Do you know what the other ways are? Thanks

OzMan
September 26th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Does using this machine (which I assume wears down a small amount of the disc's surface) use up consumables every time you use it? I mean, after the initial cost of purchase, does it cost a lot to maintain (other than electricity)?

Well, those are the three I use.... I am sure there are others, but none that I can think of right now.

As for the polishing machines, you use a sort-of car wax on the discs, and it wears the top layer off, but very little. The "right" wax (the wax that the company makes the machine recommends... and of course, sells) can be pricey, but not terribly, compared to the cost of new copies of the movies, and you CAN, in theory, use any high-quality canuba wax.

(There's also the cost of the polishing pads, but they are relatively inexpensive, as well)

orbitdvd
September 26th, 2006, 12:13 PM

It costs, but we buff customers games, dvds and cds for $2 a pop and that more than makes up for the costs of the consumables.

A happy customer is worth whatever cost may be.

marc

brantheman
September 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I've had a customer bring back a gamecube game once, just casually checking it in. Didn't complain at all.

I took a peak at the disc and HOLY SHIT. It looked like a dog had chewed on it or something. It was scratched beyond repair. I looked at the lady funny and showed her the disc and she said, "Huh. Well my kids said it played fine."

I very much wanted to accuse of her of the damage (or her kids, rather) but my SM decided not to since the woman was a regular.

But seriously. It had to be while it was at her house. Whoever checked the game out before her would have said something had it been as bad as it was, and the woman would have said something, too. But she *did* look surprised when she saw the disc. Surprised with GUILT!

orbitdvd
September 26th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I've had a customer bring back a gamecube game once, just casually checking it in. Didn't complain at all.

I took a peak at the disc and HOLY SHIT. It looked like a dog had chewed on it or something. It was scratched beyond repair. I looked at the lady funny and showed her the disc and she said, "Huh. Well my kids said it played fine."

I very much wanted to accuse of her of the damage (or her kids, rather) but my SM decided not to since the woman was a regular.

But seriously. It had to be while it was at her house. Whoever checked the game out before her would have said something had it been as bad as it was, and the woman would have said something, too. But she *did* look surprised when she saw the disc. Surprised with GUILT!

What I have found is that those customers who say "it played fine" are the ones guilty of scratching the hell out of it. They don't want to attract attention to themselves.

marc

SL_600
September 28th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Amazon.... your analogy of a neglected child suddenly coming into a loving family has become the truest thing that I ever heard.As the days go by, I find myself thinking back on my tenure at Blockbuster. Not so much that I miss it, but moreso how glad I am that I don't have to swallow my pride everyday. I can't believe I wore a lime green t-shirt to promote the MP. How about the baby blue shirts touting "The End of Late Fees" or "Renting is Better Than Ever." What a load of bull! I knew it, even back then, but I went along with it. I think they may have even wanted me to dress up like Frodo to promote LOTR when it was released, but there's only so much a man can take. (sorry to those of you who actually did this) :rolleyes:
I participated in "competition" between the stores. To win what?.... bragging rights! Ha! I accepted the "challenge" of overzealous DLs and RDOs who inflated the district-wide goals for their own agendas. All for what?.... a shout-out on the conference calls! Ha Ha! All that laughter going on and it never occured to me that the joke was on yours truly.
Now, I do the laughing when I drive past Blockbuster on my way to a real job. There are places that will pay you $15, $18, $20+ per hour, even for someone without a degree. But those jobs will not just fall into your lap. Unless of course you know someone's father's cousin's sister on her mother's side and you get the hook-up. Otherwise, you will need to do it yourself.

BBVTyrant
September 28th, 2006, 04:55 AM
As the days go by, I find myself thinking back on my tenure at Blockbuster. Not so much that I miss it, but moreso how glad I am that I don't have to swallow my pride everyday. I can't believe I wore a lime green t-shirt to promote the MP. How about the baby blue shirts touting "The End of Late Fees" or "Renting is Better Than Ever." What a load of bull! I knew it, even back then, but I went along with it. I think they may have even wanted me to dress up like Frodo to promote LOTR when it was released, but there's only so much a man can take. (sorry to those of you who actually did this) :rolleyes:
I participated in "competition" between the stores. To win what?.... bragging rights! Ha! I accepted the "challenge" of overzealous DLs and RDOs who inflated the district-wide goals for their own agendas. All for what?.... a shout-out on the conference calls! Ha Ha! All that laughter going on and it never occured to me that the joke was on yours truly.
Now, I do the laughing when I drive past Blockbuster on my way to a real job. There are places that will pay you $15, $18, $20+ per hour, even for someone without a degree. But those jobs will not just fall into your lap. Unless of course you know someone's father's cousin's sister on her mother's side and you get the hook-up. Otherwise, you will need to do it yourself.

Aren't the brain-washing techniques they used so obvious now? Funny thing is, you know how you get the umteen voicemails from your RDO or DM complaining about the most ridiculous things? This is an attempt to brain wash you -- to get you to have more respect for the job that it is ... not because it is going to have a true noticeable impact on your SPR's. "Oh, my God. I'm missing one life poster for one of my endcaps! I've already tried ordering this five times, but there is a POP freeze and it can't be ordered. I tried calling other stores, and nobody has one that they can spare. But if I don't get it up now, the DM sounds like they are going to come in here and fire me because that poster is not up!" It's unnecessary stress for an unnecessary cause.

The problem is the concept. Blockbuster has Fucked themselves over, and they have nobody to blame but themselves. Unfortunately, employees at the store levels have to now bear the biggest brunt of all of this, even though it was corporate's fuck-ups. Accountability is the word used in the company. "Hold your people accountable" you always hear. I say it's time you store employees hold your own company accountable for it's own mistakes, for once. Hold them accountable by leaving and let them fend for themselves. The frequent turnover is crippling them, already. But it needs to be kept up!

Only after you leave do you realize that busting your ass and putting in all the extra hours was really all for not. There are so many jobs out there that pay more and which you don't have to work as nearly as hard for it. And only these types of jobs I speak of will be your key to increasing your salary cap even more. You need to sit back and realize that these types of jobs are the true key to your future ... not BBV.

And if you like your job at BBV, then that's fine. I'm just saying there are other more rewarding positions out there that pay more, that treat you far better, that provide bonuses, a better schedule, no holiday work, no immaturity to deal with, no "crazy" customers to interact with, no threats on your life through robberies, better opportunities to be promoted, etc.

But hey, if none of that sounds appealing, then continue doing what you are doing at BBV. Remember, hold your company accountable!

eb465
October 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
There is a good chance the Blockbuster might be the worst retail company to work for. There ideas are crap, prices are crap, pay is crap, time off is crap, and upper management blames all their failures on crapy store level employees. The only thing not crap is the 100% invested from day one 401k. This is the only good thing about working for Blockbuster.

igniteice
October 2nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
There is a good chance the Blockbuster might be the worst retail company to work for. There ideas are crap, prices are crap, pay is crap, time off is crap, and upper management blames all their failures on crapy store level employees. The only thing not crap is the 100% invested from day one 401k. This is the only good thing about working for Blockbuster.

Idea: quit.

OzMan
October 2nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
There is a good chance the Blockbuster might be the worst retail company to work for. There ideas are crap, prices are crap, pay is crap, time off is crap, and upper management blames all their failures on crapy store level employees.

A rant like that (and the fact that you actually choose to work there) makes it sound like you're right at home.

If you're so unhappy, look for another job. No matter what happens, you'll find your true worth.

AmazonBitch
October 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM

PM me and we'll see what we can do.

I should be a motivational speaker - but I think I dispense too many bitch slaps....... :cool:

Pervert. :D

Unless you have 10% of it in BB stock - then you loose around $1000 over 2 years....... Good thing I rolled it all out. :cool:

Killer26
October 3rd, 2006, 11:26 AM
Man your guys must have crappy stores, I mean Blockbuster can suck at times but because of it I've gained a lot of knowledge, made some great friends and figured out that I'm a pretty good salesman. Sorry you had a tough run...

brantheman
October 3rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
Man your guys must have crappy stores, I mean Blockbuster can suck at times but because of it I've gained a lot of knowledge, made some great friends and figured out that I'm a pretty good salesman. Sorry you had a tough run...

Something tells me you're a CSR :D

yousickf'ingbastard
October 3rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Something tells me you're a CSR :D

or sleeping with the boss :D

zooworker
October 3rd, 2006, 09:11 PM
My store is top notch, may be low volume but we are always near the top in programs. And you don't know sales until you work for commission. BBI salesmanship is so easy, because you only have to sell a few things at a time. Try being in the real world of sales, it can eat you up.

Killer26
October 3rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
Nope, I've been an SL for quite awhile. I'm just saying I could have a much worse job. It was either this or Burger King so I wold rather be arguing with some rich bitch over a $1.25 than flipping burgers. I also work with a lot of really cool people so I lucked out.

zooworker
October 3rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Nope, I've been an SL for quite awhile. I'm just saying I could have a much worse job. It was either this or Burger King so I wold rather be arguing with some rich bitch over a $1.25 than flipping burgers. I also work with a lot of really cool people so I lucked out.
Don't ever work in fast food, did that once and it's like being a zombie. Never again.

Killer26
October 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
Yea I just don't think I could ever do it...

SL_600
October 4th, 2006, 12:29 AM
...I'm just saying I could have a much worse job. It was either this or Burger King... Lest we all forget why this thread was made. You definitely could have a worse job, but since you are already one step up from the bottom of the barrel, there's not many jobs that are worse. But if you took the time to look, you'd see that there are much, much better jobs.... and that is the real purpose of the thread. ;)

BBVTyrant
October 4th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Lest we all forget why this thread was made. You definitely could have a worse job, but since you are already one step up from the bottom of the barrel, there's not many jobs that are worse. But if you took the time to look, you'd see that there are much, much better jobs.... and that is the real purpose of the thread. ;)

That is precisely the point.

And as far as working in fast food, I realize that everyone on here advises against it. Well, I hate to say it, but I completely disagree. Obviously, it should be done during high school years only, but the stuff you put up with in the lovely world of fast food would blow some people away. What it did for me was taught me work ethic. It taught me that I don't want to be doing that for the rest of my life, and motivated me to look elsewhere.

Then ... I found BBV. Which was fine ... at first. It was a nice company to work for ... at first. Then, PS came along, TE came along, and EOLF came along. Then the stock price fell to $3 and the revolving door became apparent.

Looking back at my time in food and my "final run" with BBV, I think I would almost rather go back to managing my fast food restaurant then work at BBV. For me to say something like that, that's how miserable BBV made me during my last few months with the company.

eb465
October 4th, 2006, 11:01 AM
A rant like that (and the fact that you actually choose to work there) makes it sound like you're right at home.

If you're so unhappy, look for another job. No matter what happens, you'll find your true worth.

I do not work there anymore. I have a new job, but this was probably the only comeback you could come up with. :p

OzMan
October 5th, 2006, 12:51 AM
I do not work there anymore. I have a new job, but this was probably the only comeback you could come up with. :p

You have to understand. We are all so used here to whinging little bitches coming on here and complaining about how bad their life is, but refusing to do anything about it.

And, still, you give us no information. You don't work there anymore, but don't say whose decision it is. You have a new job, but don't say what it is (understandable, as I wouldn't announce something like that on a public forum). And finally, you fancy yourself some sort of comedian, but unlike the successful ones, you failed to do one IOTA of RESEARCH!!!;)

So, absent information that would show otherwise, we have no choice but to act on the partial information you gave. And history has shown that, in the open market, you WILL get what you are worth (ain't democracy grand?), except it will most probably be at or above minimum wage.

If you had success, congrats, and you have shown your true value. If you had failure, again, you have shown your true value. Either way, it matters not to me; you are the one that gets/has to live the life you created for yourself.

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 07:18 PM
And finally, you fancy yourself some sort of comedian, but unlike the successful ones, you failed to do one IOTA of RESEARCH!!!;)

i find fart humor always gets a laugh

......fart....that's a funny word

blacksky
October 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I just recently quit Blockbuster and I feel more normal now.

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM
No more bossing Johnlow around?

How will you cope?

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 07:31 PM
i think johnlow's mom will be with him. only as support, not a sex partner

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Did you know that Johnlows mom is so fat, she went to the movies and sat next to everyone..?

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 07:46 PM
i thought it was a rumor!

i heard that johnlows mom is so fat she uses a mattress for a tampon
she also has more hair on her back than king kong, so i've heard

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 07:53 PM
wow, i missed that rumour.

I did hear that his mom was exactly like a McDonalds Burger though - full of fat and only worth a dollar.

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 07:59 PM
i heard from big bertha that his mom is so dirty koi wouldn't touch her. but i would, i'd hit anything. :D

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Yusif and Johnlows mom sitting in a tree....

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 08:11 PM
the tree never saw it coming :eek:

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 08:31 PM
The tree now needs therapy :p

zooworker
October 5th, 2006, 08:32 PM
The tree now needs therapy :p
Should I call in a tree surgeon, and post a guard by it?

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 08:42 PM
the tree asked to be put to death

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 08:44 PM
After Yusif and Johnlows mom have been up there, Id just burn it down and write it off.

Much safer

zooworker
October 5th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Cool, I love a big fire.:D

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 08:52 PM
hell, lets burn the entire forest down :D

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 08:55 PM
So long as its nowhere near the palace, arson away :p

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 08:57 PM
i can't help it we burn the entire city down. i just set the fires, i don't stop them

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 09:04 PM
heh

one of my mates did that once to the stubble in a cornfield. He didnt mean to, he thought hed be able to put it out but it just caught like petrol had been poured on there so he had to just run for it. lmao at him :p

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 09:05 PM
forest fire accidents happen all the time. just blame it on lightning

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Actually he blamed it on kids.

When they got to the edge of the field, there were people standing around and he told them he saw 4 kids running in the opposite direction :p

yousickf'ingbastard
October 5th, 2006, 09:18 PM
i'd just blame it on peer pressure and that you were trying to save it by burning it.

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Peer pressure?

They were 24 :D

OzMan
October 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM
forest fire accidents happen all the time. just blame it on lightning

Yeah, that will work.... because the fire marshall could NEVER tell the difference between a lightning strike and arson:rolleyes:

:D