PDA

View Full Version : "SWAT meetings"

Oompaloompa
October 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
I don't know if you guys call them this, but this is what we call it when the loss prevention B**** comes to your store. She basically comes in and accuses everyone there of stealing and says she knows that you did it and they have proof until she gets someone to say something. She is insane.

Anyways, my boyfriend is a store manager and got called in for one. I don't want to say details since its a unique story and I don't know who reads this. But basically they made him come in on a vacation day, accused him of stuff and had him there for 1.5 hrs, in the last 45 min he was just standing outside waiting for them to talk to him again and let him know if he was fired. The LP B**** left without saying anything and his DM said they decided there was not a problem. They had accused him of something that they hadn't taken the time to verify with the cameras, and had ended up watching them and seeing he hadn't done anything.

Now I guess her methods have been very effective in the past, but after all the stories I have heard I can't help but wonder how many of those ppl actually stole and how many just quit due to her treatment. My boyfriend was so upset because he just kept saying he hadn't done it and did they look at the tape? The whole thing could have been avoided just by looking at it and teh B**** didn't even acknowledge her mistake, just stormed out.

Anyone else have any bad LP experiences?

shook_asm_39306
October 2nd, 2006, 01:37 PM
I was rushed into a store a couple of years ago to be the ASM the same night that the LP guy confronted and fired the previous ASM. That was awkward! But I also hear similar situations like yours where the LP person makes accusations hoping for confessions instead of having any real proof. So who knows.

I have since met the LP guy for my area and he seems nice, but I've never been confronted like that or know anyone personally who has.

the boy wonder uk
October 2nd, 2006, 01:53 PM
LP = Spawn of Satan

koi
October 2nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
When I read the title I thought you ment you all dressed up in riot gear and raided other BB:(

Aphrodite
October 2nd, 2006, 01:59 PM
That sounds far more fun ;)

shook_asm_39306
October 2nd, 2006, 02:03 PM
haha, I can picture someone making a Counter-Strike map to resemble a BB store. I'd play that! lol

the boy wonder uk
October 2nd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Think----
Who Dares Wins Vs Choices!!!!!

Lewis Collins in a blue shirt.

eb465
October 2nd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Loss prevention guys would always rather fire a couple inocent people just to send a message to fellow employees and show to show a course of action to their superiors. Once you get called into one of those meetings you better hope your DM likes you, and that you have nothing to hide. Otherwise, if they can't bully you into giving yourself up they will scare a fellow employee to turn on someone. You also better hope all your employees like you, so they don't make up shit to screw you over.

Just a warning, loss prevention only asks extremely detailed and specific questions when they already know the answers to them! So if they do this to you do not lie! If loss prevention comes out of this process with nothing they will fire whoever the district manager likes the least.

I would like to put a camera on the DL and Loss prevention person their entire work day (365 days a year) just to see how long they would last before they broke policy. Shit, there is a 500 page book full of policies that basically dictates your every movement at BB. Life is to short and precious to work at Blockbsuter. Either you can quit Blockbuster or Blockbuster will quit you in the near future.

wazootybob
October 2nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
I had a doom 2 map that was the store. Another friend upgraded it for halflife. I'll see what I can do for the counter strike.
And on a serious note, SWAT meetings (in hindsight) are the silly. If I was half the brave I am in my head you could have some fun with the LP interrogation. But yeah, they make it to scare you and it is a tactic that gets some results from the guilty. Don't sweat it and don't panic just report the facts and if they want to dispute something make them prove it.

evilviolentj
October 2nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
Just think of the results LP would get if they were nice though. Did you steal this stuff? No, ok have a nice day.

Tajiri
October 2nd, 2006, 07:00 PM
LP recently came by for a visit, and it was essentially a witch hunt. The whole time it was one accusation after another, and then they would ask if you knew about anyone else doing things. Basically along the lines of this...

Hick: We know everything that has happened here, but we just want to know what you guys know. So who do you know that's stealing games?
Moi: I don't know of anyone who has been stealing games.
Hick: So are you stealing games then?
Moi: No, I haven't taken any games.
Hick: Can you recall yourself or anyone else taking games, because we have missing product?
Moi: No I cannot recall anyone or myself taking anything.
Hick: So you can't recall, hmmmm, ok. *Turns to the DL* He can't recall.

It was a witch hunt, and a way to get staff members to turn on people.

HardcoreKeith
October 2nd, 2006, 07:07 PM
Try to engage the DL and LPM in song.

csr: Bob stole the cookies from the cookie jar!
LPM: Who me?
csr: Yes you!
LPM: Couldn't be!
csr: Then who?!
LPM: Wait a second, CUT THAT OUT.

Suli
October 2nd, 2006, 08:48 PM
I was rushed into a store a couple of years ago to be the ASM the same night that the LP guy confronted and fired the previous ASM. That was awkward! But I also hear similar situations like yours where the LP person makes accusations hoping for confessions instead of having any real proof. So who knows.

I have since met the LP guy for my area and he seems nice, but I've never been confronted like that or know anyone personally who has.

Seriously? That happened to me too. LP came in one day on friday confronted and fired my old ASM for credits on his and his non-employee account and my SM called me to get my butt in to the store, promoted me to ASM with the DLs approval and went home because he couldn't handle it.

shook_asm_39306
October 3rd, 2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I'm seeing an awful lot of shifting around of staff out here in my region. They're taking ASM's out of stores and putting them in stores as SM's, taking SL's and putting them at ASM positions at other stores, SM's moving all about the region......it's like a big game of musical chairs or something! Some of it is LP related i suppose. SM's getting terminated for evil things and such. Wonder how much longer until the corporate guys around here start leaving. We'll see!

wazootybob
October 3rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Try to engage the DL and LPM in song.

csr: Bob stole the cookies from the cookie jar!
LPM: Who me?
csr: Yes you!
LPM: Couldn't be!
csr: Then who?!
LPM: Wait a second, CUT THAT OUT.

I prefer a Chicago style interrogation:
LP
Ask any of the chickies in my pen
They'll tell you I'm the biggest mother hen
I love 'em all and all of them love me
Because the system works
The system called reciprocity...

Got a little motto
Always sees me through
When you're good to LP
LP's gonna get you.

There's a lot of favors
I'm prepared to do
You do one for LP
They'll do one for you.

OzMan
October 3rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I'm seeing an awful lot of shifting around of staff out here in my region. They're taking ASM's out of stores and putting them in stores as SM's, taking SL's and putting them at ASM positions at other stores, SM's moving all about the region......it's like a big game of musical chairs or something! Some of it is LP related i suppose. SM's getting terminated for evil things and such. Wonder how much longer until the corporate guys around here start leaving. We'll see!

More rearraigning the deckchairs on the Titanic.......

Aphrodite
October 5th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I love your songs HK and WBob :D