PDA

View Full Version : Paid Time Off

outcastaside
October 9th, 2006, 07:28 AM
For anyone who left the company and had unused PTO remaing, how long did it take you to receive it? I left the company in mid-August, and have not received my PTO yet.

blacksky
October 9th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Use it or lose it. You won't be seeing that PTO within your lifetime.

Suli
October 9th, 2006, 08:19 AM
You should have used it up before you left.

zooworker
October 9th, 2006, 10:01 AM
If you haven't got it by now you won't see it. Like they said use it or lose it.

wazootybob
October 9th, 2006, 04:03 PM
This isn't like some companies that pay out regardless, sorry. :(

BBVNewb
October 9th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I disagree. I left at the end of July, and two weeks after my final paycheck, I got another check for my few hours of PTO I didn't take. It sounds to me like they did not process your seperation correctly. There are two parts. In compass as a seperation, and in the BEC. If both parts aren't completed, you'll likely never see that check.

outcastaside
October 9th, 2006, 07:45 PM
My SM told me that I would get paid for my PTO. This was when I mentioned having the new SM schedule my PTO for the week after I left. I left in August and haven't gotten anything after my last paycheck.

Should I call my store and see if the SM can get something rolling in payroll?

Meltdown
October 9th, 2006, 07:56 PM
My SM told me that I would get paid for my PTO. This was when I mentioned having the new SM schedule my PTO for the week after I left. I left in August and haven't gotten anything after my last paycheck.

Should I call my store and see if the SM can get something rolling in payroll?

Call payroll directly and see if you were seperated from the system. The BEC has been more fucked up than usual lately. My understanding is that if you leave, and you have a PTO balance, you'll be paid for it...but I could be mistaken.

Best of luck.

BlockbusterLuvsU
October 9th, 2006, 08:00 PM
It's in the SOP that you will be paid any unused PTO after leaving the company.

Propoxy
October 9th, 2006, 10:51 PM
It should have appeared on your final check.

The proper way to seperate an employee (as I have been taught, anyway) is to call Payroll in advance and order a final check that will be there either on the employee's last day, or very shortly thereafter. Of course, I live in a state where that is a legal requirement, but it's also just the right thing to do.

On the seperation form, there's a box to fill in the employee's PTO. Definitely double check with your old SM or Payroll about it.

LordPerrin
October 10th, 2006, 02:21 AM
I received an additional check about 2 to 3 weeks after my final paycheck, containing all of my PTO on it.

kyzaskiwi
October 10th, 2006, 10:02 PM
i had 40 hours but when i went down to pt they paid me 5 hours randomly for some reason andi haven't been able to earn over 35 since... is 35 the threshold for pt?

how easy is it to request and use pto and how in advance should i put it in? because if im still working here in december i want a week off for my birthday!

HardcoreKeith
October 11th, 2006, 08:01 AM
i had 40 hours but when i went down to pt they paid me 5 hours randomly for some reason andi haven't been able to earn over 35 since... is 35 the threshold for pt?

how easy is it to request and use pto and how in advance should i put it in? because if im still working here in december i want a week off for my birthday!

You just put it in compass. I forget which application you go to, but there's a button for "add shift" (?) and you can select PTO/nonexempt/hourly and type in the number of hours. Don't expect your SM to do it, 'cause it'll never happen.

wazootybob
October 11th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I forget which application you go to

That's cause you don't request time off :(

OzMan
October 11th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Don't expect your SM to do it, 'cause it'll never happen.

Especially if you don't have one.....

BBVTyrant
October 12th, 2006, 01:43 AM

When you go Part time, after you are with the company for one year, you being accruing Paid Time off at 2 hours per month, up to 20 hours for the year. Perhaps, you left in the middle of the month when this happened. This is the only explanation I can think of.

kyzaskiwi
October 12th, 2006, 10:37 AM
When you go Part time, after you are with the company for one year, you being accruing Paid Time off at 2 hours per month, up to 20 hours for the year. Perhaps, you left in the middle of the month when this happened. This is the only explanation I can think of.

yeah it was so weird.. my SM and the DL could not figure out why i got paid those 5 hours.. but i needed money so i just took it and figured i still had 35 left so whatever...

outcastaside
October 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Well, it seems I spoke too soon. I received my PTO via direct deposit this morning. Yay!

I guess 2-3 weeks after your last paycheck is the time frame.

Propoxy
October 13th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Yes. In California, PT employees stop earning PTO at 35 hours.

I'd advise you to start using it right away. You'll earn it back quickly.

Meltdown
October 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM

CA is 35 hours...20 everywhere else.

Propoxy
October 14th, 2006, 11:10 PM
CA is 35 hours...20 everywhere else.
...?

That's why I specified the state. The person who asked the question is in California. Or would appear to be, from their location field.

MS_Sacrifice
October 15th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I believe most unissued PTO post separation is probably due to SM's not properly separating the employee. You can sit on an 'inactive' status forever, and payroll has no idea you aren't there anymore. They send the store notices, but I've seen employees show up on inactive reports months after their last shift.

kyzaskiwi
October 16th, 2006, 10:53 AM
my DL gave me a much needed break this week so i only work 2 days (thank gawd).. not the end of the world since ill be working my other job on those days.. But i did have them put in 8 hours of pto so i wont be comepletely screwed when my paycheck comes in.. so i hope it works..

I believe most unissued PTO post separation is probably due to SM's not properly separating the employee. You can sit on an 'inactive' status forever, and payroll has no idea you aren't there anymore. They send the store notices, but I've seen employees show up on inactive reports months after their last shift.

Yeah there are several employees still sitting inactive in our system.. every once and a while someone calls and asks about the inactives. Last time they told us that we needed to separate them or else they would just be deleted from the system.. which really sucks since we have no SM to do it.. I wonder what ever happened...

HardcoreKeith
October 16th, 2006, 10:56 AM
So why the fuck don't you seperate them then, kyzas????

kyzaskiwi
October 16th, 2006, 11:01 AM
So why the fuck don't you seperate them then, kyzas????

Im really tired of you thinking theres something wrong with me because im not doing random SM work that i have absolutely no idea how to do... I dont think you understood when i said I was only a shift leader! I didn't just let it hang of course.. i told the DL about it, i am just not sure what the DL did about it since i still see them in the employee list at work thats all. I dont know how to separate nor do i feel i have any authority to do so.

AmazonBitch
October 16th, 2006, 11:09 AM
For anyone who left the company and had unused PTO remaing, how long did it take you to receive it? I left the company in mid-August, and have not received my PTO yet.

Any unused PTO that was accrued during that year will be added in your final paycheck. If you got your final paycheck - you got your PTO.

HardcoreKeith
October 16th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Im really tired of you thinking theres something wrong with me because im not doing random SM work that i have absolutely no idea how to do... I dont think you understood when i said I was only a shift leader! I didn't just let it hang of course.. i told the DL about it, i am just not sure what the DL did about it since i still see them in the employee list at work thats all. I dont know how to separate nor do i feel i have any authority to do so.

Sorry, but you sound like you expect to do the job of a CSR and not a manager. You're constantly posting about really small, basic issues that take 5 minutes to fix. My issue isn't that you don't know how to do it -- just that you don't care to learn. Just recently I got an inactive employee report with two people that had quit a couple months ago on it, so I terminated them in the BEC.

1. Get their address from the POS.
2. Go to the BEC.
3. Hit next page and select the option to terminate employee.
4. Enter BEC password.
5. Follow prompts. For their number enter 0 + their BBV payroll ID.

Voila.

AmazonBitch
October 16th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I'm amazed that there are so many of you that don't understand the separation process.

However, most of you aren't SM's.

I disagree. I left at the end of July, and two weeks after my final paycheck, I got another check for my few hours of PTO I didn't take. It sounds to me like they did not process your seperation correctly. There are two parts. In compass as a seperation, and in the BEC. If both parts aren't completed, you'll likely never see that check.

Payroll separates the employee based on the Employee Separation form only. Addtionally, the section requesting the PTO accrued is useless - don't fill it out. Payroll goes off their records no matter what the SM writes in that section.

Whether or not you do the BEC portion does not effect this, however having inactive employees showing as active in the BEC is sloppy and makes it so that they show up on certain reports that higher ups and payroll pull based on BEC records. In short - its an annoyance not a requirement and it allows you to enter exit interview information.

It's amazing to me how so many people give SOOO much power to the BEC. It is only a go between for applications, background checks, and exit interviews. It does not hold your records, and payroll does see it but it does not affect your ultimate status.

Additionally, any of you that paid attention during Compass training would have learned that information in Compass is a one way street: down. No information from Compass can travel from your store back up other than time punches. Payroll has no idea whether or not you have inactivated someone in Compass - however it is a smart idea to do so to keep the system from scheduling them and from thinking that you have extra employees. All those inactives that stores with incompetant, or no, SM's have do not represent employees who were never paid.

Call payroll directly and see if you were seperated from the system. The BEC has been more fucked up than usual lately. My understanding is that if you leave, and you have a PTO balance, you'll be paid for it...but I could be mistaken.

Best of luck.

Yes, you will be paid for it. However it has nothing to do with the BEC.

It should have appeared on your final check.

The proper way to seperate an employee (as I have been taught, anyway) is to call Payroll in advance and order a final check that will be there either on the employee's last day, or very shortly thereafter. Of course, I live in a state where that is a legal requirement, but it's also just the right thing to do.

On the seperation form, there's a box to fill in the employee's PTO. Definitely double check with your old SM or Payroll about it.

That is in CA. Additionally, if you live in a state like CA that requires that you received your final pay at the time of or within 'x' days of separation your PTO may arrive on a seperate check, as payroll may not have time to calculate it into the final check. However, they will magically find time if you OWE PTO to make sure that it is deducted from your final check. :)

When you go from FT to PT, which accrue PTO at different rates and max amounts, they will often pay you out for the difference at the time of the switch to make the calculations easier (i.e. it will reset you to the amount of PTO you would have earned if you had been PTO for the year up until that point and will pay out anything above that). Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't - why is one of those on going mysteries.

I received an additional check about 2 to 3 weeks after my final paycheck, containing all of my PTO on it.

This can happen if you are in one of those states that needs a check by date 'x', or if for some reason it didn't get processed appropriately with your final check.

Well, it seems I spoke too soon. I received my PTO via direct deposit this morning. Yay!

I guess 2-3 weeks after your last paycheck is the time frame.

Nah, either you live in one of those states, or there was a boo boo when they did your final and they left it out.

Yes, they stop earning at 35. As for your second sentence - pay attention; dude is separated.

The only way payroll would not separate someone is if the Separation Form were not sent in. If that is to what you are referring then this is correct. I have taken over stores where I have had to fill out anywhere from 6-10 separation forms for past employees.

kyzaskiwi
October 16th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Sorry, but you sound like you expect to do the job of a CSR and not a manager. You're constantly posting about really small, basic issues that take 5 minutes to fix. My issue isn't that you don't know how to do it -- just that you don't care to learn. Just recently I got an inactive employee report with two people that had quit a couple months ago on it, so I terminated them in the BEC.

1. Get their address from the POS.
2. Go to the BEC.
3. Hit next page and select the option to terminate employee.
4. Enter BEC password.
5. Follow prompts. For their number enter 0 + their BBV payroll ID.

Voila.

actually i fix everything i know how to fix and i learn to fix everything i dont know how.. the issues i post about are the ones i was told not to fix or i am not allowed to fix or there is no way to learn

for example, when i told the DL about the employees needed to be separated she told me not to worry about it. I told her i could do it if i knew the password for the BEC and she said she would do it when she was in next because she wasn't sure of the BEC password and i didn't really need to know it anyways..

wazootybob
October 16th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Sorry, but you sound like you expect to do the job of a CSR and not a manager.

Heck, I knew of too many store managers who didn't do their job. Or knew how for that matter.
HardcoreKeith you are the more you know program:

"If you're with someone who's been a poor manager and then gets mad about someone complaining about their job skills, it's time for you to call a friend or call a supervisor.. and call yourself smart!"
Hardcore Keith, SL

For More Information.

I Hate Blockbuster.Com
www.ihbb.com

HardcoreKeith
October 16th, 2006, 04:56 PM
"If you're with someone who's been a poor manager and then gets mad about someone complaining about their job skills, it's time for you to call a friend or call a supervisor.. and call yourself smart!"

Hey, I'm no George Patton, but on my shifts, shit gets done and then some.

wazootybob
October 16th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Hey, I'm no George Patton, but on my shifts, shit gets done and then some.

My managerial skill was reduced to being like a conversation with Lil' Jon

Me: I need saturday off..
SM: What?!
Me: I need saturday off.
Me: I need saturday off this week.
Me: You scheduled me for working this Saturday.
SM: Yeah!
Me: And I inputed a request that was approved already.
SM: Yeah!
Me: I need you to adjust that.
Me: I'm not going to be in on Saturday.
SM: Ok!

AmazonBitch
October 16th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Heck, I knew of too many store managers who didn't do their job. Or knew how for that matter.
HardcoreKeith you are the more you know program:

Hardcore Keith, SL

For More Information.

I Hate Blockbuster.Com
www.ihbb.com (http://www.ihbb.com)

I can hear the little "The More You Know" jingle now. And since I have bronchitis and happy meds, I can also see the pretty rainbow star.........:D

Propoxy
October 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Yes, they stop earning at 35. As for your second sentence - pay attention; dude is separated.
Eek! Heed your own advice. That post of mine was to a different person, still employed with the company. (And, I'm pretty sure, NOT a dude.)

AmazonBitch
October 17th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Eek! Heed your own advice. That post of mine was to a different person, still employed with the company. (And, I'm pretty sure, NOT a dude.)

At least I have Vicodin as an excuse. :D