PDA

View Full Version : New Rental Terms

Inferno4
October 10th, 2006, 07:42 PM
so apparently there is a test market for new rental terms...from what my DM told us on a conference call the new rental terms include all movie rentals being seven day rentals and priced at $2.99....all game rentals priced at $6.99 and the real kicker is no restocking fees! so people can bring a movie back six weeks later without even the measly $1.25 penalty...this test market also gets to keep the 3 for 20 and 4 for 20 prp deals...I'm sure there's more to it but that's all I was told thus far...

Angry
October 10th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Why don't they just give the movies away

URBAN_COWBOY
October 10th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Why don't they just give the movies awayThat's coming, don't worry. It will be preceeded by huge signs that say

GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE!!!:D

Morbid Angel
October 10th, 2006, 08:20 PM

I thought they already did (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/53239). :p

brantheman
October 10th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Things just keep going from bad to worse. Blah.

Just bring back the fucking late fee's already!

yousickf'ingbastard
October 10th, 2006, 08:36 PM

they can't do that now. they are already pass the "I told you so" phase.

brantheman
October 10th, 2006, 08:53 PM
they can't do that now. they are already pass the "I told you so" phase.

I always thought it would have been a smarter move to offer some kind of monthly service that allows you to rent without late fees (or reestocking fees). Still would have costed the business a lot of money, i'm sure, but anything is better than HEY GO AHEAD AND KEEP IT FOR 3 WEEKS AND BRING IT BACK W/E WE DONT MIND LOLOLOL!

URBAN_COWBOY
October 10th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I always thought it would have been a smarter move to offer some kind of monthly service that allows you to rent without late fees (or reestocking fees). Still would have costed the business a lot of money, i'm sure, but anything is better than HEY GO AHEAD AND KEEP IT FOR 3 WEEKS AND BRING IT BACK W/E WE DONT MIND LOLOLOL!
they did, it was called the Movie Pass and was fairly successful. You had movies in stock and a garaunteed revenue stream every month.

brantheman
October 10th, 2006, 10:21 PM
they did, it was called the Movie Pass and was fairly successful. You had movies in stock and a garaunteed revenue stream every month.

Well I was thinking more like a type of rewards-like feature. Still having due dates and all. Or maybe just having them pay an annual (or monthly?) fee and instead of late fee's, having restocking fee's. Granted, Movie Pass would make this seem ridiculous and a silly alternative to the pass, but, eh, look at our customers. I've got people renting 4 to 5 games a month but still firmly refusing to get on game pass when I tell them it would save them around 20 bucks a month.

Meltdown
October 10th, 2006, 10:25 PM
so apparently there is a test market for new rental terms...from what my DM told us on a conference call the new rental terms include all movie rentals being seven day rentals and priced at $2.99....all game rentals priced at $6.99 and the real kicker is no restocking fees! so people can bring a movie back six weeks later without even the measly $1.25 penalty...this test market also gets to keep the 3 for 20 and 4 for 20 prp deals...I'm sure there's more to it but that's all I was told thus far...

This plan is stupid even by BBI standards.

Let's see...we are losing money...so we'll change our business model to lose even MORE money. Yep, sounds about right.

Morbid Angel
October 10th, 2006, 10:54 PM
This plan is stupid even by BBI standards.

Let's see...we are losing money...so we'll change our business model to lose even MORE money. Yep, sounds about right.

Well, and by no means am I defending the incredibly idiotic decisions of the glue sniffing Texan corporate cowboys, but the company doesn't generate any profit off of those restocking fees anyhow. Losing them will make no difference to the companies bottom line.

Now lowering the price on all rentals to $2.99; BIG MISTAKE! That only works for other video stores because they still charge late fees. But who cares, we're all about LOSING money these days. As long as our idiot Joe Sixpack customers are happy, everything is all good, right? :rolleyes:

zooworker
October 10th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Man I'm glad we are never a test market area.....this one really sucks.

Propoxy
October 10th, 2006, 11:00 PM
One store I worked at had all 7 day rentals. They were still regular price and subject to the other normal terms, though. It worked well at first, since that was one more thing we could beat Hollywood on.

If they're going to do this AND the Same Day Guarantee or whatever that's called, they really need to take a hard look at copy depth.

I'd kill to keep 3 for $20 and 4 for $20, though.

OzMan
October 10th, 2006, 11:29 PM

The bankruptcy trustee will be doing that soon enough, don't you worry about that.

Already being done.... by indys.... of course..... but BBI would NEVER want to admit that someone has better ideas than they do..... so, good luck with their plans.

DAntiheroJ
October 11th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Has anyone else been told that even if 'pay next time' is an option for a balance on a customer's account they still have to pay it now or they can't rent? Even if it is an auto-sold movie that they plan on returning they have to pay for it NOW and get a refund later, or go home, get it and come back.

HardcoreKeith
October 11th, 2006, 08:45 AM
That's been my policy forever, DA.

Kool-Aid Man
October 11th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Oh, WE did. And no one's happy at all.

brantheman
October 11th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Has anyone else been told that even if 'pay next time' is an option for a balance on a customer's account they still have to pay it now or they can't rent? Even if it is an auto-sold movie that they plan on returning they have to pay for it NOW and get a refund later, or go home, get it and come back.

Depends on the balance. If it gives me the option to pay on next visit and it's something small, i'll ask them if they want to pay it now or wait til next time (they almost always pay it right then and there). But if they've got a large balance and it's already been passed once, I tell them they have to pay it or they can't rent.

SavageUK
October 11th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Oh why does BB UK have to suffer because of these consistent money losing schemes of BB US?

Adornedatom
October 11th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Oh why does BB UK have to suffer because of these consistent money losing schemes of BB US?
I think the bigger question is, why do BBI bother with test markets when they innevitably unleash the schemes world wide whether they succeed or not.:confused:

SavageUK
October 11th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I think the bigger question is, why do BBI bother with test markets when they innevitably unleash the schemes world wide whether they succeed or not.:confused:
Fortunately that is DEFINITELY NOT happening with EOLF. If we didn't have late fees we would not make profit.

BlockbusterLuvsU
October 11th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Well I was thinking more like a type of rewards-like feature.

That's a great idea. Could you imagine how many Rewards sales we would get if they had made no late fees a feature of the Rewards membership?

DAntiheroJ
October 11th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Depends on the balance. If it gives me the option to pay on next visit and it's something small, i'll ask them if they want to pay it now or wait til next time (they almost always pay it right then and there). But if they've got a large balance and it's already been passed once, I tell them they have to pay it or they can't rent.

According to my old sm (our DTSM), we should NEVER use the pay next time option. no pay, no rent. I wish they would take off the option if we cannot offer to pay next time. I just hate being an ass about it being paid when up till now we always offered to let them pay next time.

coldie
October 11th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I imagine by having no restocking fees, it'll work more like...

Day 1: Customer rents movie.

Day 10: Movie sells to account.

Day 11: Customer tries to rent another movie. Won't be allowed to rent until it is brought back.

Day 15: Movie is brought back, checked in, then he rents something else.

At least, if they do this, they should shorten the time for ASALE to 3 days so we can have some weekend turnaround on the new movies.

Lomithrandel
October 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM
the asale date should be the same length as the original rental period, that would make things a little better i think

CureForEmo
October 11th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I originally thought this new rental terms trial was a joke, but confirmed that two stores in our sister district are actually participating. To me it sounds worse than a gunshot to the head for the one store which was already struggling. Not only have they dropped their prices to 2.99/ 6.99, but since the POS has not updated for the lack of restocking fees they have to manually credit every restocking fee that comes through.

To me the lack of restocking fees is extremely short-sighted not because of the loss of (extremely minor) revenue, but because I know just how many of my customers still rent in fear of that penalty. The only way to salvage this concept would be to require ALL renters to secure accounts with a credit card since your average renter will not want the amounts hitting their card in day 7 past due, even temporarily. In reality though since we're only requiring it for next-gen game rentals these stores will likely see a decrease in willingness to update cc info. Then we'll just have balances sit on accounts until somebody wants to rent again (and even then we need to eliminate the option our conflict-terrified csr's have of 'pay on next visit')

just my observations. will get pictures of the program signing tomorrow for anyone who's curious. pm me.

skyturnedgrey

brantheman
October 12th, 2006, 01:40 AM
the asale date should be the same length as the original rental period, that would make things a little better i think

Whenever I'm looking through someones account history, when I see "ASALE", what i'm really seeing is "ASSHOLE".

igniteice
October 12th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Whenever I'm looking through someones account history, when I see "ASALE", what i'm really seeing is "ASSHOLE".

That's what warnings are for. The more lines in the warning, the more of a screw up I knew I was dealing with.

I'd pull up accounts and see like 30 lines and I knew it was serious. Of course, I didn't have to read the warnings, cuz I knew what they all said - I put them there!

Ah... there were times though that I missed pulling up accounts and reading warnings from other managers. Actually, I didn't miss those days much because the managers were such screw ups.

They'd put warnings like: "Late fee has been removed because old manager doesn't work here anymore." ...

Kool-Aid Man
October 12th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Well I was thinking more like a type of rewards-like feature. Still having due dates and all. Or maybe just having them pay an annual (or monthly?) fee and instead of late fee's, having restocking fee's. Granted, Movie Pass would make this seem ridiculous and a silly alternative to the pass, but, eh, look at our customers. I've got people renting 4 to 5 games a month but still firmly refusing to get on game pass when I tell them it would save them around 20 bucks a month.

I know at Movie Gallery, for some of the newer releases, they had some deal going that if they got the new release rental turned in before the actual due date, they'd get a dollar in-store credit on their account. If that's any incentive to get your movie in on time, it's good, but I'd hate to think how much Movie Gallery has to invest for that procedure.

brantheman
October 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I know at Movie Gallery, for some of the newer releases, they had some deal going that if they got the new release rental turned in before the actual due date, they'd get a dollar in-store credit on their account. If that's any incentive to get your movie in on time, it's good, but I'd hate to think how much Movie Gallery has to invest for that procedure.

If you bring it back the NEXT day after the rental date, you get a dollar in store credit. I remember, because I'd always have the assholes who wanted a receipt proving that they had their dollar. This is also one of the most common things I hear from customers who "threaten" to go to Hollywood (Because, you know, we care:))..."Restocking fee? Fine, i'll pay it, and then i'll go and use my dollar credit from HOLLYWOOD!"......That makes sense! So because we ask you pay a few quarters for bringing in a movie 3 weeks late, you're going to go back to Hollywood, where, of course, you turn in everything the very next day! If thats the case, then please, by all means, go there, and good riddance.

OzMan
October 13th, 2006, 12:14 AM
but I'd hate to think how much Movie Gallery has to invest for that procedure.

Probably a hell of a lot less than you paid for the EOLF boondoggle.

Hey, I actually heard a Movie Gallery commercial on the radio the other day. That's a first!!

Meltdown
October 13th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Well, and by no means am I defending the incredibly idiotic decisions of the glue sniffing Texan corporate cowboys, but the company doesn't generate any profit off of those restocking fees anyhow. Losing them will make no difference to the companies bottom line.

Now lowering the price on all rentals to $2.99; BIG MISTAKE! That only works for other video stores because they still charge late fees. But who cares, we're all about LOSING money these days. As long as our idiot Joe Sixpack customers are happy, everything is all good, right? :rolleyes:

The amount may seem small, but in the cosmic scheme of things, they are a bigger deal than you think.

I waited a few days to reply to this because I wanted to look at my last P&L statement.

We took in around $400.00 in restock fees last month. I looked at everyone elses P&L statement and the average for all 12 stores was $356.00. But let's call the average $300.00.

There are 4217 corporate stores in the US.

4217 X 300.00 = $1,265,100 PER MONTH. And that money is pure profit. Over $13,000,000.00 per year.

We cannot pay our bills as it is. The glue sniffers want to give this away because they just finished their glass of Kool-Aid and believe that this will draw more people into the stores just as EOLF did.

WRONG.

This will simply accelerate our slide into bankruptcy. We can't afford to give away ANY profits right now...let alone $13 million worth.

AND...if they combine the elimination of that fee along with lowering the rental price, I would hope that major stockholders (what few are left) sue the board for gross maleficence. Even a TOTAL idiot could see at that point that the only outcome of such a policy would be to intentionally drive the company into insolvency.

SL_600
October 13th, 2006, 11:01 PM
4217 X 300.00 = $1,265,100 PER MONTH. And that money is pure profit. Over $13,000,000.00 per year.
There are other factors to consider here. Like how much more profit the stores would make if each rental had several more "turns" per copy. Let's say an average of (8) New Releases per week with a copy depth of 200 for all titles added together. If only half of those copies had just one more turn per week: Multiply that by $4.00 (average) and that is $400 more per store, per week. Multiply that by 4,217 corporate stores and you have $1,686,800. Multipy that by 52 weeks and your calculator will literally start smoking. :rolleyes: Blockbuster is settling for the short end of the stick on this failed plan.

OzMan
October 14th, 2006, 12:21 AM
BBI settled for the short end when they did away with late fees.

You're looking at all of these "little" numbers, and seeing how they add up.

Someone (perhaps Will Rogers) said a long time ago, "Look after the pennies, and the dollars will look after themselves"

The problem wasn't giving away 20% of your business with the end of late fees. The problem was giving away the incentive to return movies on time, and losing all of those turns because the movies aren't in the store.

And I learned a long time ago, especially on "small ticket" items like video rentals, people don't really concern themselves about price (especially the "valued" customers, ie, those who weren't bitching about late fees)

As much as it pains me to say it (I've been saying that a lot lately), BBI does have a "brand", they have cultivated this brand over the last quarter century, and this brand allows them to get a premium on their rental fees. Lowering the price, especially when you are basically allowing 37-day rentals, makes absolutely no sense.

DraconianSM
October 14th, 2006, 05:14 AM
I thought they already did (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/53239). :p

The photo from that article was funny:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/DraconianSM/Struggling-Blockbuster_0.jpg

No more RENTAL FEES!:D And look at the poor kid forced to hold that stack of dvds for her dad.

...And this:
Under the Gold Rewards Membership, customers can rent up to 50 movies at once as well as be driven home by Blockbuster chauffeurs, who will also install a brand-new 32-inch flat-screen TV upon the first rental.

SonGokuGT
October 14th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Man, I've never seen a more sloppily-ran company in my life... I really hope they go under.

BlockbusterLuvsU
October 14th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Man, I've never seen a more sloppily-ran company in my life... I really hope they go under.

What about the tens of thousands of American citizens who are employed by Blockbuster?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is the greatest company to work for and I will probably not stay with the company once I am out of college, but this company does create a lot of jobs for Americans, and that in itself is a good thing.

Right now, with all of these major companies outsourcing all their manufacturing, technical support, etc. to other nations, it doesn't make sense to hope a company that employs thousands of our citizens will go out of business just because you don't like them.

It's better to say "I hope this company comes under new management who will run things better" than "I hope they go out of business altogether."

SavageUK
October 14th, 2006, 04:20 PM
It's better to say "I hope this company comes under new management who will run things better" than "I hope they go out of business altogether."
That's right. I'd hate it for Blockbuster to go out of business, any time soon at least. I'm currently studying for a degree and I'm comfortable with my job at Blockbuster. The hours are often flexible for me, I know what I'm doing there, I'm passionate about the business side of things and keeping things operationally sound at my store... it'd be a major inconvienience, with resulting stress, for me to find another job.

orbitdvd
October 15th, 2006, 07:57 AM
What about the tens of thousands of American citizens who are employed by Blockbuster?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is the greatest company to work for and I will probably not stay with the company once I am out of college, but this company does create a lot of jobs for Americans, and that in itself is a good thing.

Right now, with all of these major companies outsourcing all their manufacturing, technical support, etc. to other nations, it doesn't make sense to hope a company that employs thousands of our citizens will go out of business just because you don't like them.

Don't worry, there are tens of thousands of retail jobs like BBV out there, and judging from those that have taken a chance and left (including me), their work environments are better.

I DO hope BBV goes under. It's amazing that the shareholders have let such a shoddily-run company continue for so long (what happened to Icahn?). Blockbuster has done more to derail the video store business than any other and it needs to be nailed to the cross and be held accountable.

And for those of you that think someone will swoop down and buy the company out, just look at Tower Records! :rolleyes:

marc

BBVTyrant
October 15th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Don't worry, there are tens of thousands of retail jobs like BBV out there, and judging from those that have taken a chance and left (including me), their work environments are better.

I DO hope BBV goes under. It's amazing that the shareholders have let such a shoddily-run company continue for so long (what happened to Icahn?). Blockbuster has done more to derail the video store business than any other and it needs to be nailed to the cross and be held accountable.

And for those of you that think someone will swoop down and buy the company out, just look at Tower Records! :rolleyes:

marc

I second that notion and hope this company burns to the ground. Only problem is that we have been saying and hoping for this to happen for a long time now and my patience is wearing very thin. How much longer can this company prolong the inevitable?

Again, nothing against current employees. As stated, there are so many other choices out there for you. And I guarantee you the working conditions to be much much better than BBV.

Aren't you people tired of hearing the same old boring priorities every single time you work? The same voicemails every single day, emphasizing the same old stuff? You are all treated like children in a playground. Is that how you like to be treated?

SavageUK
October 15th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Aren't you people tired of hearing the same old boring priorities every single time you work? The same voicemails every single day, emphasizing the same old stuff? You are all treated like children in a playground. Is that how you like to be treated?
Certainly means less thinking, therefore more comfortable....

OzMan
October 15th, 2006, 11:46 PM

And where were your boo-hoo-hoo tears when TENS OF THOUSANDS of your fellow citizens lost not only their jobs, but their investments, and entire ways of life (as well as things like donations to local organisations, etc) that were lost when BBI went on a tear and tried to destroy the entire industry.

And where are your tears for the Netflix employees that you are trying to put out of work thru short-sighted market share grabs??

Not only is the long-awaited BBI bankruptcy well deserved, it is also poetic justice.

BlockbusterLuvsU
October 16th, 2006, 08:44 AM
And where were your boo-hoo-hoo tears when TENS OF THOUSANDS of your fellow citizens lost not only their jobs, but their investments, and entire ways of life (as well as things like donations to local organisations, etc) that were lost when BBI went on a tear and tried to destroy the entire industry.

And where are your tears for the Netflix employees that you are trying to put out of work thru short-sighted market share grabs??

Not only is the long-awaited BBI bankruptcy well deserved, it is also poetic justice.

I think it's unfortunate anytime someone is laid off or loses their job when they don't personally deserve to.

Those situations you described (although I highly doubt Blockbuster will be able to hurt Netflix enough for them to start firing people) are unfortunate as well, but the vast majority of people working at Blockbuster had nothing to do with any of the decisions that caused them to happen. Why should they suffer?

"Poetic justice" might be for the corporate people who were directly involved in those things being fired and winding up penniless, not ALL of Blockbuster's employees.

If Blockbuster goes out of business, the people who are responsible for the things you mentioned (John Antioco & Friends) will be just fine. It's everyone else who will pay the price.

OzMan
October 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Those situations you described (although I highly doubt Blockbuster will be able to hurt Netflix enough for them to start firing people) are unfortunate as well, but the vast majority of people working at Blockbuster had nothing to do with any of the decisions that caused them to happen. Why should they suffer?

Well, BBI is doing EVERYTHING to put either Netflix or themselves out of business. So, your argument is holding no water. Although I agree that BBI is unlikely to hurt Netflix, they are going to hurt themselves.

And EVERY online you give away is one more nail in the BBI coffin. So, although you are not the person that made the horrid decisions, you are actively involved in the ruination of the business.

Yes, it's a bit of "damned if you do, damned if you don't", but, hell, I said YEARS ago that you should be getting out on YOUR terms, and not on the terms of Antivideo and Co, or the US Bankruptcy Trustee. Failure to follow said advice has me feeling as much sorrow for you as you have shown for all the people that BBI put out of business.

BlockbusterLuvsU
October 17th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Well I don't know how my opinion doesn't hold water.

I'm just saying that it is better to hope a company comes under new management who will run it better, than for it to go out of business and lose a lot of jobs.

I think that's a valid point of view. Plus, it goes hand in hand with your assertion that Blockbuster is doing everything to put itself out of business, since I am saying if that's true then someone should come in and fix things.

OzMan
October 17th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Well I don't know how my opinion doesn't hold water.

If you want to be taken seriously, how about learning the difference between opinion and argument.??;)

And to clarify, the problem is that you seem to hold a cavilier attitude towards the livelyhood of thousands of people that invested time and energy into a business model, whilst taking exception to the idea that YOUR job is NOT more important than they were.

SavageUK
October 17th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I would agree that it's not nice to wish it upon a company that employs many people, to go out of business. This will just leave people without a job who have to go find another. Yes, I know it happens all the time, but it's still something that people would prefer not to happen.

OzMan
October 17th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I would agree that it's not nice to wish it upon a company that employs many people, to go out of business. This will just leave people without a job who have to go find another. Yes, I know it happens all the time, but it's still something that people would prefer not to happen.

Do me a favour, Sav. Take a 10 pound note out of your pocket.

See who's on it?? You want to explain to HIM why an organisation that doesn't even act like it WANTS to continue to exist, should be encouraged to continue to exist??

It's not called "survival of the fittest" because that was the best title open at the time;)

SavageUK
October 17th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Oh I agree, THEY shouldn't really continue to exist, but you've got to remember there are joe smoes like me who are glad they're still in business because it means they don't need to find another job, and while I'm in my current situation I don't want to find another job. I actually, for the most part, like my job too.

By the way nice reference with the money :)

BlockbusterLuvsU
October 17th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Oh I agree, THEY shouldn't really continue to exist, but you've got to remember there are joe smoes like me who are glad they're still in business because it means they don't need to find another job

This is exactly what I was saying.

If you want to be taken seriously, how about learning the
difference between opinion and argument.??

I originally wrote "argument," but changed it to "opinion" because I felt that I wasn't arguing with you, I was only expressing my opinion.

And to clarify, the problem is that you seem to hold a cavilier attitude towards the livelyhood of thousands of people that invested time and energy into a business model, whilst taking exception to the idea that YOUR job is NOT more important than they were.

I think you must have misunderstood me, because that wasn't what I was meaning to say at all. If it came across that way then I apologize.

I've already stated that I feel it's a shame anytime anyone is forced out of their job if they don't deserve to be.

That includes anyone who may have lost their job in the past due to decisions made by Blockbuster's management, and anyone who would lose their job in the future if Blockbuster goes out of business.

I never said my job was as or more important than those of the people you're referring to.

If I lose my job then it will kind of suck for me to have to get a new one, but it won't be devastating to me. However, there are a LOT of people who will have their lives turned upside down if Blockbuster goes under.

That's why I feel it's better to hope that someone else comes in to replace the people who are running things improperly, and fixes whatever problems there may be, instead of hoping the company tanks altogether.

If I said something that you found offensive, it wasn't on purpose and I'm sorry.

sar94pga
October 17th, 2006, 05:16 PM
This is exactly what I was saying.

I originally wrote "argument," but changed it to "opinion" because I felt that I wasn't arguing with you, I was only expressing my opinion.

I think you must have misunderstood me, because that wasn't what I was meaning to say at all. If it came across that way then I apologize.

I've already stated that I feel it's a shame anytime anyone is forced out of their job if they don't deserve to be.

That includes anyone who may have lost their job in the past due to decisions made by Blockbuster's management, and anyone who would lose their job in the future if Blockbuster goes out of business.

I never said my job was as or more important than those of the people you're referring to.

If I lose my job then it will kind of suck for me to have to get a new one, but it won't be devastating to me. However, there are a LOT of people who will have their lives turned upside down if Blockbuster goes under.

That's why I feel it's better to hope that someone else comes in to replace the people who are running things improperly, and fixes whatever problems there may be, instead of hoping the company tanks altogether.

If I said something that you found offensive, it wasn't on purpose and I'm sorry.

don't apologize to him. he likes to fight. you are well within your rights to express your opinion.

I, like savage, actually like what i do. and my life would be turned upside down in BBI went under. There is enough negativity and bad moral running around my district, it is my job to keep my staff happy and celebrating sucess when we can. Sure, the company might suck right now, but my store is profitable, we bonused AGAIN, and have consistantly high mystery shops as a result.

That doesnt mean i don't have my doubts as to what is going to happen as a result of the total access, but, It is my job to run my store, not the company.

and for the record, its Ozzies life quest to see BBI go under. just let him be happy with that. :D

SavageUK
October 17th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Jobs that suit my schedule are quite hard to come by, so if I instantly lost my job at Blockbuster with no redundancy pay (I don't think as PT I'm entitled to any money if the company goes under) I'd be a little bit screwed. I'd have to start paying for "essentials" such as a gas with my savings, something I wouldn't like to do, until I find new employment. From the struggle I see some of my friends going through to find employment I'm not inclined to kick this job in in a hurry.

OzMan
October 18th, 2006, 12:24 AM
and for the record, its Ozzies life quest to see BBI go under. just let him be happy with that. :D

I'm tweaking the "Bankruptcy Dance"

I realised last night that it is too similar to the "No More Alimony Dance" featured on 2.5 Men.

;)