PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, get out of Blockbuster

computermexican
November 5th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I am finally free of the stress laden jail called Blockbuster! I finally took more than enough from my pushy RDO and DM. I have good memories of BB but many more bad. I am getting paid $5,000 more per year then BB was paying me as an SM at my new job and don't have to work past 11 p.m. and have Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas off. I also get a minimum of a $6,000 bonus per year. I know most of you reading this don't care, I simply wanted to say this. Get out of Blockbuster all you who are smart, capable, deserving people! Life is too short to work in a completely unsupportive, stressful, underpaid environment like BB. Working for a company that actually trains their employees and supports their staff is such a breath of fresh air! Did I mention a turnover rate of about 20%? Good luck to you all in your endevours and thanks for the laughs through the posts. :)

BBVTyrant
November 5th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I am finally free of the stress laden jail called Blockbuster! I finally took more than enough from my pushy RDO and DM. I have good memories of BB but many more bad. I am getting paid $5,000 more per year then BB was paying me as an SM at my new job and don't have to work past 11 p.m. and have Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas off. I also get a minimum of a $6,000 bonus per year. I know most of you reading this don't care, I simply wanted to say this. Get out of Blockbuster all you who are smart, capable, deserving people! Life is too short to work in a completely unsupportive, stressful, underpaid environment like BB. Working for a company that actually trains their employees and supports their staff is such a breath of fresh air! Did I mention a turnover rate of about 20%? Good luck to you all in your endevours and thanks for the laughs through the posts. :)

We have another winner! Congratulations!! Hearing these success stories serves as an inspiration to others teetering on the edge.

brantheman
November 6th, 2006, 01:06 PM

A new thread doesn't have to be made every time someone quites their job. Congratulations anyway I guess.

SavageUK
November 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM
A new thread doesn't have to be made every time someone quites their job. Congratulations anyway I guess.
Bran speaks the truth.

johnlow71
November 6th, 2006, 01:43 PM
arghggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh@~%@~ %@~%@

zooworker
November 6th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Does this mean you won't post anymore?

brantheman
November 6th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Does this mean you won't post anymore?

As turtle would say....

Wishful thinking :D

sar94pga
November 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
am i the only one that actually likes my job? My DM? and my RDO???

zooworker
November 6th, 2006, 04:34 PM
You are not alone sar, there are a few of us that do.

BBVTyrant
November 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Now ... now. It is certainly a great ... uplifting feeling to be afforded an opportunity to break free from a wretched company such as this one. One in this position is typically proud of their accomplishment and simply wants to share the great news with the rest of our comrades. If anything, I still sympathesize with the crap everyone else still has to go through daily.

brantheman
November 6th, 2006, 07:12 PM

The job I like. The coworkers I like. The DM, RDO, and customers....not so much. But i'm paid well enough to gets my rent paid, car paid, basic necessities, etc....so yeah, I like my job :rolleyes:

Lomithrandel
November 7th, 2006, 04:07 AM
I love my job, though my job is much different than that of the equivalent position down in the US. This company has afforded me more opportunity than any other job I had taken to this point in my life and I would be an idiot to not recognize that every job has its detractions/detractors. It's all about who you work with and who you work for. I golf/curl with most of the people I work with and for, so we are a pretty tight knit little community.

If you were really unhappy then I congratulate you on taking the step of finding alternate employment; though a general statement like "Seriously, get out of Blockbuster" is quite close to being ignorant, as not all of us are in such a bad way as you were.