PDA

View Full Version : Merger Mania!!!

OzMan
November 21st, 2006, 09:31 PM
So, I came across what is admittedly the most boringest story ever published (it's about the record number of company buyouts)..... which I will post the link for, but would advise against visiting.... unless, of course, you can't sleep;)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061120/ap_on_bi_ge/merger_surge

Why post this?? Because it's worth noting that a company called McMoRan is involved in a merger, but BBI has absolutely NO suitors:D

SL_600
November 22nd, 2006, 12:06 AM
Why post this?? Because it's worth noting that a company called McMoRan is involved in a merger, but BBI has absolutely NO suitors:D
That's just mean. ;)

OzMan
November 22nd, 2006, 07:36 AM
That's just mean. ;)

I just call them as I see them ;)

Propoxy
November 22nd, 2006, 10:30 AM

:confused: Was/is BBI even looking for suitors?

AmazonBitch
November 22nd, 2006, 04:34 PM
So, I came across what is admittedly the most boringest story ever published (it's about the record number of company buyouts)..... which I will post the link for, but would advise against visiting.... unless, of course, you can't sleep;)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061120/ap_on_bi_ge/merger_surge

Don't knock it. Lots of mergers to file is good business for me. :D

AmazonBitch
November 22nd, 2006, 05:16 PM
Well now I know why they don't have any takers (other than the obvious reasons...). The couldn't file a merger even if they had one to do... :D

Note: I did not use confidential information from my job to get this (they can't afford our services - they're no customer of mine!!). This is all public information.

Anyone wanting to sue Blockbuster in these states should definitely consider it - as it helps a case if the company you're suing is in bad standing or has been revoked from doing business in that state......

Arkansas

State Capitol, Rm 256
Little Rock, AR 72201
501-682-1010
Email

Search Incorporations, Cooperatives, Banks and Insurance Companies

Corporation Name BLOCKBUSTER INC.
Fictitious Names N/A
Filing # 100163558
Filing Type Foreign For Profit Corporation
Filed under Act For Bus Corp; 958 of 1987
Status Not Current
Principal Address

Reg. Agent CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY

Agent Address 101 SOUTH SPRING STREET, STE 220

LITTLE ROCK, AR 72201
Date Filed 10/06/1998
Officers BRUCE LEWIS, Vice-President
MARY BELL, Treasurer
MARILYN R. POST, Secretary
JIM HOWELL, Controller
JOHN F. ANTIOCO, CEO

Foreign Name N/A
Foreign Address 1201 ELM ST
DALLAS, TX

State of Origin DE

Kansas

Kansas Secretary of State
Business Entity Search

Business Entity ID Number: 2702736

BLOCKBUSTER INC.
1201 ELM STREET
DALLAS, TX 75270

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close Corp []
Tax Year End [12]
Date of Incorporation [02/11/1999]
Last Correct Annual Report [12/2004]
Next Annual Report Due Date [04/15/2006]
Extension [00/00/0000]
Forfeiture [07/15/2006]
Expiration [12/31/9999]
State/Country Formation [DE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resident Agent
CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY

200 SW 30TH STREET
TOPEKA, KS 66611-0000

Business Entity Type
FOREIGN FOR PROFIT

Business Entity Status
FORFEITED - FAILED TO TIMELY FILE A/R

Maine

Information Summary
Subscriber activity report
This record contains information from the CEC database and is accurate as of: Wed Nov 22 2006 20:53:58. Please print or save for your records.
Legal Name Charter Number Filing Type Status
BLOCKBUSTER INC. 20000325 F BUSINESS CORPORATION (FOREIGN) FOREIGN AUTHORITY REVOKED
Filing Date Expiration Date Jurisdiction
09/23/1999 N/A DELAWARE
Other Names (A=Assumed ; F=Former)

NONE
Clerk/Registered Agent
45 MEMORIAL CIRCLE
AUGUSTA, ME 04330

Missouri

Business Name History

Name Name Type
BLOCKBUSTER INC. Legal

General Business - Foreign - Information

Charter Number: F00461286

Entity Creation Date: 10/8/1998

State of Business.: DE
Expiration Date: Perpetual
Last Annual Report Filed Date: 4/14/2005 8:00:00 AM
Last Annual Report Filed: 2005
Annual Report Month: January

Registered Agent

Agent Name: CSC- Lawyers Incorporating Service Company
Office Address: 221 BOLIVAR STREET
JEFFERSON CITY MO 65101

Mississippi

Name History

Name Name Type
BLOCKBUSTER INC. Legal

Business Corporation - Foreign - Information

Business ID: 662140
Status: Intent to Dissolve AR (That means they are about to be REVOKED)

Creation Date: 10/8/1998

State of Incorporation: DE
Principal Office Address: 1201 ELM ST
DALLAS TX 75270
Principal Mailing Address: No Address
Listing Address: No Address
Last Annual Report Filed Date: 3/23/2005
Last Annual Report Filed: 2005
Annual Report Month: January

Registered Agent

Agent Name: CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
Office Address: 506 S PRESIDENT ST
JACKSON MS 39201

North Dakota

BLOCKBUSTER INC.
Corporation Details
System ID: 13997100
Type: FOREIGN BUSINESS CORPORATION
Original File Date: 10/15/1998
State of Origin: Delaware
Phone: (214) 854-3000

Status Date: 08/23/2006
Effective Date: 10/15/1998

Nature of Business
RENTAL & SALE OF IN-HOME MOVIES & VIDEO GAMES
Principal Office
1201 ELM ST DALLAS, TX 75270-2102
Registered Agent

316 N 5TH ST

PO BOX 1695

BISMARCK, ND 58502

Established Date: Oct 15, 1998

Nebraska

Revoked for:
NP Non Payment of Taxes Apr 16 2006

Wisconsin

BLOCKBUSTER INC.
You can: File an Annual Report - Request a Certificate of Status
Vital Statistics
Entity ID B041405
Registered
Effective Date 12/21/1998
Period of Existence PER
Status Revocation of Certificate of Authority
Status Date 10/26/2006
Entity Type Foreign
Annual Report
Requirements Foreign Business Corporations are required to file an Annual Report under s.180.1622 WI Statutes.
Foreign Organization Date 10/16/1989
Paid Capital Represented 8740M
Foreign State DE

Addresses
Registered Agent
Office CSC-LAWYERS INCORPORATING SERVICE COMPANY
25 W MAIN ST
MADISON, WI 53703
Principal Office 1201 ELM ST
DALLAS, TX 75270 United States

8/21/2000 Intent to Revoke 8/21/2000 20004000332
8/21/2006 Intent to Revoke 8/21/2006 ***RECORD IMAGED*** Notice Image
10/26/2006 Revocation of Certificate of Authority 10/26/2006

Looks like they're even a little behind in their home state.... they only paying just enough to stay ahead....kind of like paying the minimum balance on your CC bills....

Delaware

Tax Information
Tax Balance Due As of 11-22-2006 .00

Tax Information
Tax Balance Due As of 11-22-2006 .00

Year 2006 Year 2005 Year 2004
Filing: .00 25.00 25.00
Tax: 165,000.00 165,000.00 165,000.00
Penalty: .00 .00 .00
Interest: 2,970.00 .00 1,980.00
Other: .00 .00 .00
Paid: 101,970.00 165,025.00 167,005.00
Balance: 66,000.00 .00 .00

OzMan
November 22nd, 2006, 08:47 PM
Looks like they're even a little behind in their home state.... they only paying just enough to stay ahead....kind of like paying the minimum balance on your CC bills....

Yeah, but they're not REALLY from Delaware...... they just incorporated there because it makes business sense.

But one of the reasons to file in Delaware, IIRC, is because of the smaller tax bite.... so they incorporated in DE to save on taxes, and STILL can't

wait for it, wait for it......

PAY THEIR FUCKING BILLS!!!!!!

So, AB, did you see anything about their status in Texas?? Or are they in danger of having their "real" offices padlocked??

:D

AmazonBitch
November 22nd, 2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah, but they're not REALLY from Delaware...... they just incorporated there because it makes business sense.

But one of the reasons to file in Delaware, IIRC, is because of the smaller tax bite.... so they incorporated in DE to save on taxes, and STILL can't

wait for it, wait for it......

PAY THEIR FUCKING BILLS!!!!!!

So, AB, did you see anything about their status in Texas?? Or are they in danger of having their "real" offices padlocked??

:D

The rumor the DE is cheap is a false myth. It's acutally one of the most expensive states. The reason people choose it is because of the friendly laws, chancery court, and the fact that you can do pretty much anything with the SOS same day. Nope, they are fine in TX. :D I'm just glad they can't afford us as their Registered Agent or they'd probably be blaming us and saying that they didn't receive their annual report forms from the states (state sends to the agent who passes the form on to the company). Granted the agent they are using (CSC) is pretty crappy - but it's still not the agent's job to keep track of when their annual reports are due. And how freaking hard is it? It's 1 page on which you list your current address, and your officers and directors names and addresses. Most of them even have a little box you can check if there is no change from last year and then that's all you have to do - just send it back in and pay your fucking franchise taxes. It always amazes me how people manage to fuck this up....

OzMan
November 22nd, 2006, 09:02 PM
I'm just glad they can't afford us as their Registered Agent

They'd just be behind in their payments to you, too.

I mean, if you fall behind with the distributors that provide your KEY product (Universal), then are you really going to be paying the attorneys??

Granted the agent they are using (CSC) is pretty crappy

All that they can afford, probably:rolleyes:

just send it back in and pay your fucking franchise taxes. It always amazes me how people manage to fuck this up....

My guess is, it's that second part there that's causing them trouble.

Maybe they should have offered the heads of the state Depts of Revenue a free trial of BBO;) I mean, that's what they expect to save the company, after all.....

AmazonBitch
November 23rd, 2006, 02:28 AM
They'd just be behind in their payments to you, too.

I mean, if you fall behind with the distributors that provide your KEY product (Universal), then are you really going to be paying the attorneys??

All that they can afford, probably:rolleyes:

My guess is, it's that second part there that's causing them trouble.

Maybe they should have offered the heads of the state Depts of Revenue a free trial of BBO;) I mean, that's what they expect to save the company, after all.....

LOL - that's the funny part. The Dept of Revenue collects the income taxes - which I'm sure are much larger (no clue - I don't do tax crap). The SOS collects franchise taxes (some states only have an income tax).

If they aren't paying their franchise taxes one wonders if they are paying their income taxes..... Although most busineses default on the SOS first.

That, however, IS confidential information that I don't have access to and, thus, cannot post for y'alls amusement. :D