PDA

View Full Version : Assholes

buddrinkinhick86
December 5th, 2006, 10:46 PM
It baffles me how someone could be such an asshole to a complete stranger. I've been a BBI employee for 3 years now and some of the shit people have said to me just baffle the hell out of me. I had a lady threaten me the other day because we did not have a movie that came out yet.
C-I've been searching every blockbuster in town and I cannot find a copy of Fly Boys
Me-It has not come out yet ma'am it comes out...
C-That's rediculous, my brother has watched it on dvd
Me-Ma'am unless he watched a bootlegged copy thats impossible
C-I'm sick of you people, I'm done with blockbuster
-click-
I don't know what I did to deserve this, all I did was simply inform the lady that the fucking movie isn't out. If I had the movie I'd gladly rent it to you to boost our TNR so I could get some kind of bonus.

Woodstock
December 5th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Try posting things like that in this thread.

BTW, welcome to the board!

http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6147&highlight=Customers+darndest+things

johnlow71
December 6th, 2006, 03:54 AM
who cares, you know shes the bitch here, dont let that ruffle you. hell i get that 1 bitch everyday in our store.

rk237
December 6th, 2006, 06:12 AM
C-I've been searching every blockbuster in town and I cannot find a copy of Fly Boys
Me-It has not come out yet ma'am it comes out...
C-That's rediculous, my brother has watched it on dvd
Me-Ma'am unless he watched a bootlegged copy thats impossible
C-I'm sick of you people, I'm done with blockbuster
-click-

Hell if only all my old asshole customers would have gotten rid of themselves so painlessly for me.

SimplyTheGuy
December 6th, 2006, 06:33 AM
I had a guy call up and ask me if we had any copys of Da Vinci code in, and according to the computer we had something like 7. He said he would be there in like 5 min so i thought i would be a nice guy and actually hold one for him, then right befor he hung up he said "I'll be right there, I'm prolly the biggest guy you've got renting from you"
So as soon as i hung up i ran out there to snag him a copy only to find that tehre were none on the self; after asking someone who had been there longer about it i found out we already had 7 copys missing in action.
Then the guy shows up and he wasn't kidding he has to be close to 7 feet tall 300lbs; when i tryed to explain it to him that we already has that many copys stolen he got irate and started screaming and stomping around calling me a liar and worthless. He even tryed to reach behind the counter and take a Da Vinci out of our Wrong Store pile. I was actually afraid this guy 3 times my size was gonna take a swing at me over a freaking movie. Once he was gone and i wasnet afraid for my life anymore i realized how funny it was and i had to go in the back cause i couldnet stop laughing, Im just glad i didn't burst out laughing in front of him or he prolly would have broke me in half.

rk237
December 6th, 2006, 06:43 AM
====>> http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6147

Even though that thread is called "customers say the darnedest things," it is intended for any and all customer stories (assholes, hotties, homeless guys covered in pee, etc)

the boy wonder uk
December 6th, 2006, 10:37 AM
And the guy who took a shit in the BSI section. :eek:

zooworker
December 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I had a guy call up and ask me if we had any copys of Da Vinci code in, and according to the computer we had something like 7. He said he would be there in like 5 min so i thought i would be a nice guy and actually hold one for him, then right befor he hung up he said "I'll be right there, I'm prolly the biggest guy you've got renting from you"
So as soon as i hung up i ran out there to snag him a copy only to find that tehre were none on the self; after asking someone who had been there longer about it i found out we already had 7 copys missing in action.
Then the guy shows up and he wasn't kidding he has to be close to 7 feet tall 300lbs; when i tryed to explain it to him that we already has that many copys stolen he got irate and started screaming and stomping around calling me a liar and worthless. He even tryed to reach behind the counter and take a Da Vinci out of our Wrong Store pile. I was actually afraid this guy 3 times my size was gonna take a swing at me over a freaking movie. Once he was gone and i wasnet afraid for my life anymore i realized how funny it was and i had to go in the back cause i couldnet stop laughing, Im just glad i didn't burst out laughing in front of him or he prolly would have broke me in half.
Hope you learned your leason here. Never rely on the computer, always check before saying yes.

MissHailstorm
December 6th, 2006, 02:53 PM

...and that's why you never offer to set aside one of the hot new releases...

Haha, we had one of those...

Do I know you? :D

Beer_Monkey
December 6th, 2006, 03:48 PM

some kid did one in a bin next to my membership terminal

whorehoppin
December 6th, 2006, 03:53 PM
if someone calls about a GIS movie (Da Vinci Code) I tell them it's guaranteed in stock. So even if I don't have one they get the raincheck. I would never offer to hold one or even tell a customer that I had a particular amount of them unless I was to say, "I have a ton of them"

MissHailstorm
December 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM
if someone calls about a GIS movie (Da Vinci Code) I tell them it's guaranteed in stock. So even if I don't have one they get the raincheck. I would never offer to hold one or even tell a customer that I had a particular amount of them unless I was to say, "I have a ton of them"

I did that once and got majorly burnt. I made the mistake of telling him we had "a couple of copies in", but they may well be gone by the time he made it to the store. Naturally he got all pissy, even though I explained he'd get it free if it wasn't in, but it ended up with him calling me a rude name and I hung up on him.

Since then, if there's 2 or less copies in, I tend to use the stock phrase of, "At the moment, we're all checked out, but we've been getting copies going in and straight out again all night, so you may be lucky if you pop down anyway". Sometimes they ask if we can set one aside in the mean time, but most understand that that is not an option.

Woodstock
December 6th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Hope you learned your leason here. Never rely on the computer, always check before saying yes.

If I am to busy to check the shelf, I always tell the customer that the computer says that we have one in stock - but that we might not.

zooworker
December 6th, 2006, 06:44 PM
If I am to busy to check the shelf, I always tell the customer that the computer says that we have one in stock - but that we might not.
On new releases, if you have one in stock, you know it will be gone before they get there. So I'll tell them we only have one better hurry! (and no I can't hold it) maybe to get them in the store to rent something else.

Angry
December 6th, 2006, 08:24 PM
We'll hold anything until 8pm (except GIS). Customers like it since most of you corporate stores won't do this :p

zooworker
December 6th, 2006, 08:25 PM
We'll hold anything until 8pm (except GIS). Customers like it since most of you corporate stores won't do this :p
NR, first come first serve ......:cool:

whorehoppin
December 6th, 2006, 08:32 PM
just imagine if we didn't give customers a hard time about holding movies. We would spend the entire day answering the phone and running out to grab movies off the shelf...we'd have 50 different movies on hold at any given time and the customers would just walk in and go straight to the register to pick up their movie. They'd skip past the PRP, the candy and any other possible rentals.

We'd never get a damn thing done and our stores wouldn't make any money.

OzMan
December 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM
just imagine if we didn't give customers a hard time about holding movies. We would spend the entire day answering the phone and running out to grab movies off the shelf...we'd have 50 different movies on hold at any given time and the customers would just walk in and go straight to the register to pick up their movie. They'd skip past the PRP, the candy and any other possible rentals.

We'd never get a damn thing done and our stores wouldn't make any money.

What, you mean they're making money NOW??????:eek:

;)

HardcoreKeith
December 6th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I'll hold BSI.

zooworker
December 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I'll hold BSI.
Me too, If it's a NR I don't hold it unless it's not guaranteed and I have a bunch of them.

Woodstock
December 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
NR the week that they come out, I will only hold if we have a handfull of copies in - and only for a half hour. On the weekends, forget it. For the gold rewards members I will hold it till 8pm (once got yelled for at solid half hour by a gold member for refusing to do that.)

Angry
December 6th, 2006, 09:38 PM
It actually helps drive traffic to our store. We have a few corporate stores surrounding us, and customers have remarked that they like coming to us over them for the sole fact we take reservations. We've done it for the 5+ years I've been here with no problems. Plus, it's only until 8pm. If they don't come by then, they go right on the shelf to get gobbled up. The only problem is the occassional moronic CSR who doesn't check the shelf first, and then can't find the movie they said they'd hold (which, when informed, I tell that CSR they can deal with that person when they come in :)).

whorehoppin
December 7th, 2006, 08:20 AM
What, you mean they're making money NOW??????:eek:

;)

my store is at least.

OzMan
December 7th, 2006, 09:51 AM
my store is at least.

Are you sure about that??

And don't go counting the Enron-inspired Monopoly money you get from All Things Online;)

zooworker
December 7th, 2006, 03:44 PM
my store is at least.
My store is showing a profit, but with all the supposed money from online , how is it making money?

johnlow71
December 7th, 2006, 09:04 PM
excuse me while i ramble on in here for a moment. dont you hate the customer that cant ck out correctly. first off hand me your fkn video and candy(im not here to reach 8 miles accros the counter to get all your shit.

and please when im standing at 1 register and ive been there for a good few minutes, please dont go stand in front of another register, im like HELLO
DUMB FUCK UMMM IM AT THIS REGISTER OVER HERE, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE BUDDY. that one really cracks me up.

sar94pga
December 7th, 2006, 10:52 PM
i dont hold anything. for anyone. unless they are a card carrying gold member. I dont care if you have 3000 rents on your account. and if you do have 3000 rents on your account, chances are, you probably already know i am not going to hold anything for you. I am from the old school blockbuster, where you had a hold drawer. and you would grab shit, put a note on it, and it would sit there all night because the customer would never come get it. I dont reserve prestreets, i dont reserve stuff that is about to go PRP. I like revenue. any paying customer will do.

whorehoppin
December 8th, 2006, 11:34 AM
My store is showing a profit, but with all the supposed money from online , how is it making money?

well when i look at the SPR, we show a profit that's pretty decent, that's not counting the online revenue - so if you subtract the online revenue from our total profit, we're still a few grand up.

So if you add up all of the money the store actually makes with cash and credit card transactions, subtract wages, utilities, rent, and all of the other misc. things we have to pay for to run the store, we still make more than we spend. To me, that means we're making money.

HardcoreKeith
December 8th, 2006, 03:14 PM
i dont hold anything. for anyone. unless they are a card carrying gold member. I dont care if you have 3000 rents on your account. and if you do have 3000 rents on your account, chances are, you probably already know i am not going to hold anything for you. I am from the old school blockbuster, where you had a hold drawer. and you would grab shit, put a note on it, and it would sit there all night because the customer would never come get it. I dont reserve prestreets, i dont reserve stuff that is about to go PRP. I like revenue. any paying customer will do.

Ditto.

"Can you hold one?"
Show up with cash in hand and you can hold it all you like.