PDA

View Full Version : i declare i do not care

whineyboy
March 15th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I have come to the decision , that i do not care if Blockbuster stays open or not.

Today while working by myself due to the hours cut, and unable to get a huge price change and an even huger prp done, I decide i just do not care if the company goes out of bussness or not. If the people on the top are going to cut hours to the point the store can not be ran in a logical manor then SCREW them if they do not care nor do I.

If they are going to continue to be more worrried about the districk manager and the store standard then helping costumers then they deserve to go belly up// we waste hours each month putting up different end caps and then taking them down to put up another selection of old movies that we might if we are lucky sale two of, those hours could be used help the people who spend money but they would rather the store have thier map done right then have the the costumers be helped so FUCK' em

We spend more time worring if the the store looks good for the DM then we do worring if the costumers are being helped. We KIss ass of the dm's and say yes ma'am give me another one up the ass, when basically the DM's do nothing to help the profitbiltiy of the stores, we waste hours dealing with thier pet peeves and egos, and have cut hours to nothing to deal with what the costumers want and need.

In good economics time you could make sure the over sized egos of those who are in charge but do nothing to bring in money was fed, but in these times when we should be worried about the costumers 100% of the time we, are still feeding the eog of the the dm and above, and getting even less hours. We could do both when they gave us a sesonable amount of hours but now they give us none. In these times we should all be on the smae team but how many of us feel the poeple upstairs are playing against the stores.

If they want to cuts some fat try the top, the bottom is going to cave in soon. and i no longer care. but if anyone dare to sya anything about hours they are not team player, maybe cuting from the dm''s over pay and dividing it amung store would save the company,

so i will probally be wityh bb till the end, but i am not going to shed a tear when it ends.

Bottom line it takes hours to do stuff, and they are being ricidulous with them

djblade
March 15th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Jim keys said," Don't give up! Even if hours are cut, please don't give in! Just take do as much has possible."

Man don't give in ^_^. Fight it!

whineyboy
March 15th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Jim keys said," Don't give up! Even if hours are cut, please don't give in! Just take do as much has possible."

Man don't give in ^_^. Fight it!

lets cut his hours and see if he can still do the same amount of work?

djblade
March 15th, 2009, 05:59 PM
lol. He wouldn't like that. How busy are you in the morning?

whineyboy
March 15th, 2009, 06:01 PM
normally not very, but they leave no breathing room, today was rainy and the kids are out of school tomorrow, so at one point i had 30 people in line and people were walking out of the store from the line because it was too long, and i am sure we were shopped lifted, we probally lost atleast $100 in sales plus what ever got lifted,

djblade
March 15th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Your alarm system should have caught those shop lifters right? You don't put those little black magnets things on the dvds?

whineyboy
March 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Your alarm system should have caught those shop lifters right? You don't put those little black magnets things on the dvds?

they do not stop all shoplifter like slicers people who slice open a box and take the dvd

BUYMECAR
March 15th, 2009, 10:18 PM
i definitely understand what you're going through. they cut our hours by even more this week!! went down from 194 to 186. wtf, that one 8 hour shift might've just been the amount we needed to survive this next week. i got one 6 hour shift as opposed to the 3 shifts i usually get in a week. a few of my coworkers have already gotten second jobs for goodness sakes.

BlockbusterTotalAsses
March 16th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I didn't really care either by the time I left Blockbuster. The corporate office doesn't see anything past their noses. The only stores they truly care about are the ones that are in Texas that are all spiffed up with newer technology and those employees make waaaay more than the rest of the employees spread out in the country. Maybe not all of the ones in Texas are all spiffed up, but from what I have seen, the ones that are doing the best are in Texas. So if Blockbuster does survive, I am predicting it will only be in Texas. Just based on information I have seen and heard, don't quote me on that. Either way though I think those corporate asses need to go down, especially Jim Keyes, they need to understand that they can't just treat customers and store employees like shit.

rk237
March 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

This is a long winded way of saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. As long as it's easier to keep slogging under the contemptible working conditions at Blockbuster than to invest the mental challenges and risk of seeking a new occupation, Blockbuster executives will not learn any lesson about not treating store employees "like shit."

Quit. There are good jobs out there. Or stay, slog, and dream that conditions will idly improve. But then consider:

Our calamity is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer.

Furnish away.

Lomithrandel
March 17th, 2009, 07:01 PM
they are even cutting hours in canada... our entire district has to cut 10 hours from tcc

whineyboy
March 17th, 2009, 07:04 PM
THe nickles and dimes they are saving are nothing compared to the millions of dollars they waste to pay the poeple on top

sar94pga
March 18th, 2009, 02:00 PM
THe nickles and dimes they are saving are nothing compared to the millions of dollars they waste to pay the poeple on top

ACTUALLY.....

in the last 3 months, they have downsized the corporate offices and field staff. We are now to only ONE area Vice President. They let half of the LPM's go a month or so ago, as well as half of the HRM's. As well as an RDO or two.
There were also cuts in the corporate office in dallas as well as at the DC.

So you may not see it. But they have been made. You should really talk to your store manager about the state of the company. seems you are under informed.

whineyboy
March 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
ACTUALLY.....

in the last 3 months, they have downsized the corporate offices and field staff. We are now to only ONE area Vice President. They let half of the LPM's go a month or so ago, as well as half of the HRM's. As well as an RDO or two.
There were also cuts in the corporate office in dallas as well as at the DC.

So you may not see it. But they have been made. You should really talk to your store manager about the state of the company. seems you are under informed.

that is good for a start but for year the top has been proiting off off of the work on the bottom, (the way corporations work i know) maybe if the top would of been making human salaries all along and not millions all these places would not find themselves where they are?

five million dollars to the last person in charge befor he left how meny csr who actiually make a difference to the bottom line could that hire

Lomithrandel
March 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM
i thought you declared you did not care?

BUYMECAR
March 18th, 2009, 05:20 PM
yeah whiney, i would just stop assuming blockbuster dished out cash like every example following enron. that's no argument and you should know better, assuming you'd have to be over 18 to work at a blockbuster.

BBukAM
March 18th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Perhaps our UK setup is completely different.

I have 20~ stores in my district. I see my DM at least once every two weeks. I speak to him at least twice per week. Above him I have my RDO. I see her at least every quarter, and have met her personally three times so far this year.

If I need anything, wether it's Comp Support, Ops, Risk, Maintenance etc. I know exactly who I'm going to speak to, down to their first name. Hell, Comp Support for my whole region has five staff. I get help when I need it, answers when I question. If they're unsure, I'll get told when I'll get a call back, and 9 out of 10 times I'll get it within that time frame.

Blockbuster--at least over here--doesn't seem to be just throwing around money like theres no tomorrow and what they're doing actually seems to make sense, and seems to be working well thus far.

I don't think the problem is at the top, I think it's at the bottom. Everyone likes to moan about "too many Chiefs, not enough Indians", but God, if the 'Indians' just worked as hard as you and I who actually care about the Company do, then we'd all be a lot better off. I understand that Joe Bloggs on his 8 hour contract has no real loyalty to the company, but if he put in 100% effort into every one of those 8 hours it'd make everyones life a lot easier. It's not difficult, it's not arduous. I want you to upsell at the till. I want you to speak to customers on the floor. Oh, sorry, you thought the job meant sitting around watching movies behind the counter? Get the fuck out, I've got 30 applications for your job, thankyou dear Recession.

Ps. And no, I'm not saying every CSR sucks. Don't suggest I am.

whineyboy
March 19th, 2009, 04:28 PM
more fun- a memo came down from the top saying to much time is being spent doing task on monday and tures day leaving not enough hours for the week end/

The stores do not make up these task, the people who are saying we spend too much time doing them are. I bet they are the same parents who give thier child a pixie stick and then complain about the child being hyper

The Omen
March 19th, 2009, 06:30 PM
more fun- a memo came down from the top saying to much time is being spent doing task on monday and tures day leaving not enough hours for the week end/

The stores do not make up these task, the people who are saying we spend too much time doing them are. I bet they are the same parents who give thier child a pixie stick and then complain about the child being hyper

easy fix = give the store more hours on the weekend, they are the ones giving me an allocation of 24 hours on monday and 20 hours on friday

whineyboy
March 19th, 2009, 08:14 PM
yeah whiney, i would just stop assuming blockbuster dished out cash like every example following enron. that's no argument and you should know better, assuming you'd have to be over 18 to work at a blockbuster.

I don;t know about DIshing out but they did give antivideo 5 milion on his way out.

Funny today all i heard about was that i forgot to finish doing the blue book on sunday, not one mention of the 5 to ten costumers who walked out because the line was too long. Really i am sure doing the blue book will be very important when all the costumers go away