Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Search Forums

Showing: 1 - 25 of 137
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Darkfall28
Forum: Other Ranting and Raving March 25th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,738
Posted By Darkfall28
Good luck to ya Glassy. A tip of my hat in your...

Good luck to ya Glassy. A tip of my hat in your direction for all the funny posts (and excellent sarcastic daggers!) in regards to the state of the company and all we had to deal with. I'm out on...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? February 29th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 7,581
Posted By Darkfall28
To a degree that's correct but...... we destroyed...

To a degree that's correct but...... we destroyed over 1000 new releases (including bluray) via certified field destroy when we started closing procedures at my store. That happens nearly everywhere...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? December 27th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Replies: 148
Views: 40,041
Posted By Darkfall28
I haven't posted for awhile (alot of insane bs...

I haven't posted for awhile (alot of insane bs from corporate has kept me busy), but they decided to close my store as well. My district isn't really even a district anymore to be honest. I will say...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? November 30th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Replies: 63
Views: 18,499
Posted By Darkfall28
I know some stores are on watch lists. Here's...

I know some stores are on watch lists. Here's what it boils down to: They made it very clear at the meetings we attended at the end of Oct./ early Nov., if your store isn't profitable or close to...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? October 26th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Replies: 39
Views: 8,606
Posted By Darkfall28
Actually DJ, I expect they will have BB employees...

Actually DJ, I expect they will have BB employees trying to sell or market their services. I'll give specifics in a few days but I've seen the agenda for our meetings. Nearly 7 hours of it is...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? October 25th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Posted By Darkfall28
Alot of what's involved with these meetings is...

Alot of what's involved with these meetings is going to be Dish attempting to train us on how to sell their services. I'm not real keen on this idea. I understand Dish is looking to expand their...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? October 24th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Posted By Darkfall28
I'll be at said meeting so I'll let you know...

I'll be at said meeting so I'll let you know what's on the agenda. I already know some of it. I know what should be on the agenda though: how about a pay raise that doesn't include a 3 page handbook...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? October 18th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Replies: 93
Views: 17,323
Posted By Darkfall28
I just like the looks I've been getting when I'm...

I just like the looks I've been getting when I'm in the store buying this stuff lol. I told some old lady at checkout today, who was giving me a questioning look, that I just REALLY liked pirates!!!!...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? October 16th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Replies: 193
Views: 61,901
Posted By Darkfall28
I think someone cancelled many of our higher ups'...

I think someone cancelled many of our higher ups' brains and just injected some Jello into their skulls instead. Might explain this paranoid pass garbage. What's next? Wiretaps at the registers?...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? October 13th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Posted By Darkfall28
Been around for a long time now with this...

Been around for a long time now with this company. I've seen some good things. I've seen some really bad things. There are some good aspects to the pass and some bad ones. The one universal thing...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? September 29th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 6,825
Posted By Darkfall28
If they want to be more realistic, maybe the next...

If they want to be more realistic, maybe the next commercial should have Captain America in it. In it, he can declare BB store environments as enemies of freedom and then wipe out an entire group of...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? September 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 6,324
Posted By Darkfall28
I suggested for October we do a "Who Gives A Shit...

I suggested for October we do a "Who Gives A Shit About Commercials-A-Thon" to promote our not having any and all. Somehow, this did not receive the green light.
Forum: Do You Hate Blockbuster Video? September 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 13,157
Posted By Darkfall28
All I know is that I've wasted enough receipt...

All I know is that I've wasted enough receipt paper to start an inferno big enough to roast the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man into sugary cinders.
Forum: News September 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 16,903
Posted By Darkfall28
Yeah, it's only the franchise ones for now, Glass...

Yeah, it's only the franchise ones for now, Glass is right. However, crunch time will probably happen after Q4 PartyGuy. I do see cuts being made then certainly. Stores that aren't profitable after...
Forum: Movie/Music/TV Talk September 14th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Replies: 118
Views: 19,306
Posted By Darkfall28
There are many things I doubt. The Ticket,...

There are many things I doubt. The Ticket, Thorathon, the roof of my store ( it keeps out rain about as successfully as a drunken midget trying to ride a unicyle down the side of Mount Everest). But...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? September 13th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Posted By Darkfall28
My TNR today was a joke. Thanks Thorathon and...

My TNR today was a joke. Thanks Thorathon and pass drive. That was the lowest Tuesday rev I've had in months. I have about as much chance of making budget this week as I have of emptying the Pacific...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? September 11th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 6,438
Posted By Darkfall28
The only thing I can say is this: We hit budget...

The only thing I can say is this: We hit budget first week of this period and will likely make it this week too.....However..... because we've done so many damn passes the last ten days I promise you...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? September 8th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Posted By Darkfall28
Our incentive plan is the same as everybody's in...

Our incentive plan is the same as everybody's in regards to the pass m'friend. $2.50 for each one we get and that doubles to $5 for each one if we make budget as well (that will be unlikely to say...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? September 6th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Posted By Darkfall28
Did almost 70 last weekend over Friday, Saturday,...

Did almost 70 last weekend over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It appears they would like us to try for 100 this week (that's just the combo pass, they want more of the other passes too). To this I...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? September 2nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 6,758
Posted By Darkfall28
I'm pretty sure the promo barrier has been...

I'm pretty sure the promo barrier has been exceeded and something is going to explode.

There must have been a communication somewhere I missed that stated our stores would be banning awesome TV...
Forum: Other Ranting and Raving August 31st, 2011, 08:29 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,240
Posted By Darkfall28
I've been a Niners fan ever since I watched a...

I've been a Niners fan ever since I watched a game way back in 86 and Jerry Rice became my childhood hero. Needless to say, considering our AWESOME selection of quarterbacks this year, I expect a...
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? August 29th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 6,758
Posted By Darkfall28
Oh I saw them Glass and I hear ya compadre. Why...

Oh I saw them Glass and I hear ya compadre. Why do I have 60 copies of Jumping The Broom and only 2 copies of each disc of Dexter season 5???!!!!!???? Where are ANY of the new TV series????!!!??? I...
Forum: Movie/Music/TV Talk August 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Posted By Darkfall28
If you have a sidekick named Thumper, you ain't...

If you have a sidekick named Thumper, you ain't afraid of no man when shit gets real. Even a hollow one :D
Forum: Movie/Music/TV Talk August 26th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Posted By Darkfall28
Shark Night 3D looks like a winner..........

Shark Night 3D looks like a winner....... Hmmmmm... I guess the Hollow Man vs Bambi script fell through again.
Forum: Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? August 25th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Replies: 77
Views: 24,641
Posted By Darkfall28
I agree with you in regards to that being Dish's...

I agree with you in regards to that being Dish's initiative here. They're in it to make money of course (as any intelligent business should be). As far as long term, I was saying that in terms of the...
Showing: 1 - 25 of 137