I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Do You Hate Blockbuster Video? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Am I Wrong To Ask For A Pay Raise ? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10127)

BBW[BlockBusterWorker] February 14th, 2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underemployed (Post 339420)
I'm a SL getting $8.60 and they just hired a new SL for $11. More than our 4 years experience SAM gets! How's that for bullshit?

That is terrible pay for a SL.

When I started as a CSR I was making $8.25/hr then when I was bumped to 4Star CSR I made $8.75 then at SL I was making $10/hr and when I demoted myself back to CSR I now make $9.25/hr.

I am happy making what I make as a CSR now.

underemployed February 14th, 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBW[BlockBusterWorker] (Post 339426)
That is terrible pay for a SL.

When I started as a CSR I was making $8.25/hr then when I was bumped to 4Star CSR I made $8.75 then at SL I was making $10/hr and when I demoted myself back to CSR I now make $9.25/hr.

I am happy making what I make as a CSR now.


well, I was hired as a CSR at $7.60 and was told by the then SM that I was lucky to get more than minimum. He left us soon after I started and I really liked the new SM. I got a $1 raise when I became an SL and still told I had it so well by the DM. I didn't really care, it was meant to be a temporary thing between jobs anyway, and I have another job where I earn just under $50K now (I hadn't mentioned I have a BA and just finished an MA.) The main reason I stayed on a couple nights a week was that I liked the new SAM, other SL's and CSR's. But just because it isn't about the money doesn't make it any less bullshit, ya know?

BBW[BlockBusterWorker] February 14th, 2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underemployed (Post 339430)
well, I was hired as a CSR at $7.60 and was told by the then SM that I was lucky to get more than minimum. He left us soon after I started and I really liked the new SM. I got a $1 raise when I became an SL and still told I had it so well by the DM. I didn't really care, it was meant to be a temporary thing between jobs anyway, and I have another job where I earn just under $50K now (I hadn't mentioned I have a BA and just finished an MA.) The main reason I stayed on a couple nights a week was that I liked the new SAM, other SL's and CSR's. But just because it isn't about the money doesn't make it any less bullshit, ya know?

What state do you work in? In NY minimum is $7.15 so me starting at $8.25/hr was great. If BB didn't screw me out of my ASM promotion I would have been making $13/hr. Cost of living in NYC is terrible ugh.

djblade February 14th, 2011 01:39 PM

Zooworker and the others are right. There isn't anyone that will get a pay raise. Your SM knows the answer will be "No...". If one gets it, then they all will complain. Although there is one way, which is legal. You have to quite and get re hired. Then they can decide to pay you more. That is the only way...unless u get promoted .

HelloItsMeMOM February 14th, 2011 09:09 PM

But if you quit you lose everything you have built up, so I guess it is one or the other ...

whineyboy February 15th, 2011 12:50 PM

tell you boss, you have found a new job that pay better, and are thinking about taking it, see what they say, if you are a valuable employee you might get it, probally not,

if not go find a job that pays more

BBW[BlockBusterWorker] February 15th, 2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whineyboy (Post 339497)
tell you boss, you have found a new job that pay better, and are thinking about taking it, see what they say, if you are a valuable employee you might get it, probally not,

if not go find a job that pays more

Keep in mind nobody that works for Blockbuster at store level is valuable. You are always expendable and always replacable.

underemployed February 17th, 2011 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBW[BlockBusterWorker] (Post 339431)
What state do you work in? In NY minimum is $7.15 so me starting at $8.25/hr was great. If BB didn't screw me out of my ASM promotion I would have been making $13/hr. Cost of living in NYC is terrible ugh.

I thought the federal minimum wage was $7.25 since summer of 2009?

djblade February 17th, 2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underemployed (Post 339637)
I thought the federal minimum wage was $7.25 since summer of 2009?

Different states with different minimum wages

BBW[BlockBusterWorker] February 17th, 2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djblade (Post 339669)
Different states with different minimum wages

Correct.

Every store should have an up to date poster in their backroom explaining you're rights as an employ in the state you work in. The very first thing they mention is the state's minumum wage.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:08 AM.

vBulletin Version 3.7.1
© 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.