I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Store Resets? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11619)

Backer Card October 1st, 2011 05:42 PM

Store Resets?

Can anyone explain what's going on with these supposed resets?

I was looking over the planned schedule for it, and it's supposed to include:

-Removing Kids NR Bay and putting it at front of Kids & Family section
-Merging Kids & Family
-Organizing all BSI sections
-Creating the Blue Carpet section in place of the Top 20

I'm probably missing some things, but I haven't heard about any of these actually taking place other than taking down Kids NR Bay. If anyone is on this supposed Reset Team or knows more concrete things about it could you answer a few questions:

-Are all stores doing all of these things?
-What is the Blue Carpet section?
-Are we adding a Dish Network kiosk or other type of kisok/display?

I was also watching one of the MOTW from the other week where they were talking to some guy in a new store in Tennessee and a DTSM was explaining how the NR wall is going to be 6 bays of 26-week and newer titles, BSI is going to be 5-6 bays of 200 top titles that will seasonally rotate and games will be roughly the same. Is this just something for these supposed new, smaller stores or are all of the stores going to this format?

Elphabalives October 1st, 2011 07:10 PM

I'm on my local reset team. All stores are doing it, with a very few exceptions. We here are doing one store a week over the next few weeks.

We've already taken our kids NR and put it with the BSI (on it's own bay before alpha begins), and merged kids and family.

The Blue Carpet section will be 4-6 bays on the back wall of the store, opposite the entrance. You're supposed to have an open walkway from the entry door, to the wall, and this is where all the 0-6 week movies will go (2.99s). Kids will be moved to the front left corner of the store.

Every store is different, and sizes vary so much, but there should have been a big reset packet in box office last week with a bunch of different ways to set up the store based on shape.

We will be adding a Dish Kiosk. Two varieties: A long one with 3 tv's (two on one side, one on the other) or a Triangular one for smaller space-limited stores (mine) with one tv on each face. The first group gets a couch, the second I think gets a smaller lounger. This is supposed to go in the front right corner.

I think that little store in the MOTW was a store inside another store (as in a BB store inside of a non-bb store). Like a mini-store. I don't think they're going to make all stores match this one, but rather the new stores might be like that.

We've also re-done games. Top 3 rows are the 1.99 ones, alpha, bottom 3 rows are the .99cent ones, also alpha with themselves. As in two different sets of alphabetical order. Kind of confusing, but I managed to do it in a few hours.

Hopefully that all made sense :p

yodavsjason October 1st, 2011 09:02 PM

What about stores that are not doing it.

Elphabalives October 1st, 2011 09:40 PM

I honestly don't know. We're doing it to all the stores around here, so I'd imagine that they're going it everywhere. I think they said something about saving the trouble stores for last...meaning the ones where space and/or available shelving will be a problem. I'm sure everyone will get reset eventually.

Hot Head October 2nd, 2011 03:46 AM

What if a store has dual entrances?

incaroca October 2nd, 2011 06:39 AM

In our area, only half of the stores are getting done in October. The rest are scheduled for early next year.

johnlow71 October 2nd, 2011 07:07 AM

all of the above.

zooworker October 2nd, 2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backer Card (Post 353943)
Can anyone explain what's going on with these supposed resets?

I was looking over the planned schedule for it, and it's supposed to include:

-Removing Kids NR Bay and putting it at front of Kids & Family section
-Merging Kids & Family
-Organizing all BSI sections
-Creating the Blue Carpet section in place of the Top 20

I'm probably missing some things, but I haven't heard about any of these actually taking place other than taking down Kids NR Bay. If anyone is on this supposed Reset Team or knows more concrete things about it could you answer a few questions:

-Are all stores doing all of these things?
-What is the Blue Carpet section?
-Are we adding a Dish Network kiosk or other type of kisok/display?

I was also watching one of the MOTW from the other week where they were talking to some guy in a new store in Tennessee and a DTSM was explaining how the NR wall is going to be 6 bays of 26-week and newer titles, BSI is going to be 5-6 bays of 200 top titles that will seasonally rotate and games will be roughly the same. Is this just something for these supposed new, smaller stores or are all of the stores going to this format?

Makes you wish they would make up their fucking mind, doesn't it. This was the way store were when I started BBI 13 years ago. A section for WEEKLY NR. Kids and family combine. Someone gets paid big bucks to sit on their ass a think off ways to redo the walls every time you turn around. And without extra hours probably .

katiebell October 2nd, 2011 08:59 AM

Actually this is about the same plan-o-gram as we had about 15 yrs ago. Open down center, sell thru by entrance, kids in a U shape on wall.

Just think the last 15+ yrs of moving this shit around in all of the asshat arrangements has been a total waste of time, lol.

TheShooter87 October 2nd, 2011 09:08 AM

Wasnt BBV profitable 15 years ago though? maybe this is a good sign DISH is trying to turn things around/go back to what works....or maybe someone spiked my drink