I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Ranting and Raving (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bang, I shot you dead. (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7288)

fuse April 4th, 2007 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URBAN_COWBOY (Post 217129)
Yeah, occasionally the Democrats get the upperhand here and something comes out that makes sense.

Democrats want to make it so only the criminals can have guns. It's called Gun Control. It's like lowering the speed limit because a drunk has a wreck. It'll limit everyone who obeys the law, and won't have any affect on the criminals. If democrats had their way, we'd all have to be criminals just to defend ourselves.

OzMan April 4th, 2007 01:39 AM

In the interest of full disclousre, I am actually about the most conservative person you have ever had the honour of meeting;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuse (Post 217576)
Democrats want to make it so only the criminals can have guns. It's called Gun Control. It's like lowering the speed limit because a drunk has a wreck. It'll limit everyone who obeys the law, and won't have any affect on the criminals. If democrats had their way, we'd all have to be criminals just to defend ourselves.

Yeah, unlike the Republican party, where you only have to be a criminal to be elected:rolleyes:

Like ShrubCo didn't fuck up Texas enough, you lot then gave them not one, but TWO chances to fuck up the country.

Some things to consider:

Clinton was vilified for firing travel agents for political reasons. Fucking travel agents. But those attorneys defending civil rights and voter rights are fair game.

Clinton was vilified for smoking pot. Once. However, a recovering alcoholic with a former coke habit is A-O-fucking-K.

Clinton was vilified for making a bit of an investment in some local land (Whitewater), but letting your Daddy's friends profit off the Iraqi War, THEN move to Dubai so as not to pay taxes on that money is acceptable.

Clinton was vilified for getting a hummer in the Oval Office, but screwing the entire country in the arse is approved behaviour.

Do you see where this is going? Do you really want to come to this fight with your "gunz are kewl, anyone who doesn't think so is stoopid" argument??

(also, in the interest of full disclosure, I am all for MY right to bear arms. It's YOUR right to bear arms that scares me. Sorry, but if you have to prove you can handle a car before we allow you to take it out in public, making you prove you won't go all Barney Fife before taking your concealed weapon in public doesn't seem horribly unreasonable)

fuse April 4th, 2007 01:57 AM

A. I don't need their life story. They're all messed up ppl... they're politicians. That's worse than all the DWIs in the world to me.

B. Criminals that shoot people already have the guns. What makes it so much worse that the general public is allowed to own one legally? Gun Control might stop your average joe from blowing off his own nuts when cleaning it, but it's attacking a relatively insignificant portion of the problem. Gun Control is step one toward the total outlawing of bearing arms. Thus, the only ones with the guns are the outlaws, which I assume you would agree account for a much larger portion of murder than poor nutless joe.

Then again, I'd rather be shot in the face than the nuts.

OzMan April 4th, 2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuse (Post 217586)
A. I don't need their life story. They're all messed up ppl... they're politicians. That's worse than all the DWIs in the world to me.

B. Criminals that shoot people already have the guns. What makes it so much worse that the general public is allowed to own one legally? Gun Control might stop your average joe from blowing off his own nuts when cleaning it, but it's attacking a relatively insignificant portion of the problem. Gun Control is step one toward the total outlawing of bearing arms. Thus, the only ones with the guns are the outlaws, which I assume you would agree account for a much larger portion of murder than poor nutless joe.

Then again, I'd rather be shot in the face than the nuts.

As I believe HardcoreKeith said, "Gun control means using BOTH hands"

Part of me thinks that EVERYONE should be allowed to own guns. The truly stupid will off themselves, and will be a less of a burden on the rest of us.

But although I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, unless you are willing to go the way of Vermont or Alaska and have NO constraints on who should own guns, what really is wrong with giving someone a "cooling off" period of a few days whilst a background check is done? I mean, if you need a gun that badly RIGHT NOW, you are either up to no good, or lack the ability to plan ahead. Either way, you scare me.