I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   October's Big Event (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11604)

Glass Half Empty September 18th, 2011 08:06 AM

October's Big Event
 
So has anyone else had to deal with DM/DTSM calling about what your store's planning for it's BIG October event? Good lord I think they want us to do something with Haunted House/Psycho Woods theme. Because after August's big event that only my SM attended we did NOTHING for September unless you consider Thor-a-thon, Bridesmaids weekend, Football Sundays and Transformers weekend events....and the door hangers they were so jazzed about us combing the neighborhood and distributing? They are still sitting in the box unopened. Our regulars are becoming quite pissed about Thor never being in stock. I told them what do you expect-the wall is a lie and we only got 14 copies so if it is every here in the next week you've found the needle in the haystack.

Hot Head September 18th, 2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty (Post 353684)
So has anyone else had to deal with DM/DTSM calling about what your store's planning for it's BIG October event? Good lord I think they want us to do something with Haunted House/Psycho Woods theme. Because after August's big event that only my SM attended we did NOTHING for September unless you consider Thor-a-thon, Bridesmaids weekend, Football Sundays and Transformers weekend events....and the door hangers they were so jazzed about us combing the neighborhood and distributing? They are still sitting in the box unopened. Our regulars are becoming quite pissed about Thor never being in stock. I told them what do you expect-the wall is a lie and we only got 14 copies so if it is every here in the next week you've found the needle in the haystack.


http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/8.jpg

Glass Half Empty September 18th, 2011 02:22 PM

Wow, so many rats in one place- must be a Blockbuster Regional Managers Meeting

Propoxy September 19th, 2011 01:16 AM

Some brilliant ideas from my district include a blood drive, a car wash and a block party, which will include free hot dogs (we don't need a food permit if we're not selling them???) and face painting. Ooh, and maybe a bouncy house. Because, you know, that's in the budget.

I'm not washing anyone's fucking car. That's for damn sure.

Glass Half Empty September 19th, 2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Propoxy (Post 353698)
Some brilliant ideas from my district include a blood drive, a car wash and a block party, which will include free hot dogs (we don't need a food permit if we're not selling them???) and face painting. Ooh, and maybe a bouncy house. Because, you know, that's in the budget.

I'm not washing anyone's fucking car. That's for damn sure.

We can't get a raise but there's money for bouncy houses? Block party would be alright but my store is on a busy street with no residential area close by. Your car wash comment made me laugh cause my shopping complex already gets the high school girls whatever team doing car washes so me washing your car or a cute 16 year old?? I already know the answer....

Hot Head September 19th, 2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty (Post 353710)
We can't get a raise but there's money for bouncy houses? Block party would be alright but my store is on a busy street with no residential area close by. Your car wash comment made me laugh cause my shopping complex already gets the high school girls whatever team doing car washes so me washing your car or a cute 16 year old?? I already know the answer....

I want ur dm and rdo washing my car and sm...females only

http://www.johnnygoodtimes.com/sexytime.gif

Darkfall28 September 19th, 2011 08:05 PM

I suggested for October we do a "Who Gives A Shit About Commercials-A-Thon" to promote our not having any and all. Somehow, this did not receive the green light.

Glass Half Empty September 20th, 2011 06:57 AM

HH must have some killer time on his hands with all the funny pics he has been sending our way:)

TelePizza September 20th, 2011 10:56 AM

There is no way in fuck I would ever wash anyone's car or do any of the things suggested in this thread. When I worked at a video store, it was to rent movies to people, not to be treated like a schmuck who is required to do stupid, ineffective shit like pass out door hangers and pass out free hot dogs, or whatever ridiculous garbage Dish is expecting.

If I still worked there, I would suggest a "how about I sit on my ass and watch movies, so when customers ask me about them, I can recommend something worthwhile for them to watch. And then I can vacuum, straighten, count the till, clean up, run movies and go the fuck home-a-thon."

Hot Head September 20th, 2011 03:46 PM

http://image.yaymicro.com/rz_1210x12...oad-1a3f4c.jpg


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:03 PM.

vBulletin Version 3.7.1
© 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.