I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "Good" or Better Retail companies to work (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11538)

Autosale July 14th, 2011 10:30 AM

"Good" or Better Retail companies to work

Alright, seeing as many people on here have recently found their stores closed and are looking for other jobs I figured we could start a list of places people should check out, as well as places people should stay away from...granted retail in general sucks there are definitely companies out there that are alot better than others.

Id recommend Best Buy, as i've heard they are pretty good to work for but that can depend largely on your managers.

Hot Head July 14th, 2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autosale (Post 352134)
Alright, seeing as many people on here have recently found their stores closed and are looking for other jobs I figured we could start a list of places people should check out, as well as places people should stay away from...granted retail in general sucks there are definitely companies out there that are alot better than others.

Id recommend Best Buy, as i've heard they are pretty good to work for but that can depend largely on your managers.

Best buy is like Blockbuster except you push credit cards to my knowledge. Also any Jon depends largely on the manager.

Autosale July 14th, 2011 10:44 AM

almost any retail job has you pushing something though

johnlow71 July 14th, 2011 01:43 PM

i worked at best buy, i like it and was a sup there for a year. there on your a@@ just as much to sell at the level i was at but it comes with the pay and job, so if you like working in electronics and people then its fine work.

Antithesys July 14th, 2011 02:10 PM

I worked seasonal at Target last holiday, and it was great. Sales floor position keeps you busy with no real demands, and the cashier's only obligation is the red card which you only ask if it randomly prompts you.

Baby Firefly July 14th, 2011 03:06 PM

I went to work at Wells Fargo. Better pay. No nights. No weekends. Paid holidays. They like people with sales experience but no banking experience...that way they can train you their way. I'm happy there.

itirnitii July 14th, 2011 03:20 PM

I manage a Petco now and I could not be happier. It's nice to be a part of a growing business and not a floundering one and that atmosphere makes all the difference. I'd list off the benefits, but seriously, it's better than BBV in every conceivable way.

Well, except maybe that I have to pay $1 to rent a movie now instead of getting it free. But my salary and raises make up for that pretty well...

TheShooter87 July 14th, 2011 03:28 PM

I thought of applying at PetSmart but I dont think I have a Petco near me

smit1979 July 14th, 2011 04:04 PM

I was offered a store manager job at Gamestop today. Anyone manage a Gamestop before or know anybody who has?

Hot Head July 14th, 2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itirnitii (Post 352161)
I manage a Petco now and I could not be happier. It's nice to be a part of a growing business and not a floundering one and that atmosphere makes all the difference. I'd list off the benefits, but seriously, it's better than BBV in every conceivable way.

Well, except maybe that I have to pay $1 to rent a movie now instead of getting it free. But my salary and raises make up for that pretty well...

Um weeny they on the brink of bankruptcy? ??????