I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Do You Hate Blockbuster Video? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Am I Wrong To Ask For A Pay Raise ? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10127)

Hot Head March 24th, 2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliensExist (Post 342571)
Hi, I work for Blockbuster as a Store Manager in Europe but has thought about moving to California over this summer. Just out of curriosity, what are the approximately starting salery for a Store Manager at BB in the states?

Depends on degree/time put in with company/ experience....Cost of living there is EXTREMELY HIGH

Autosale March 24th, 2011 03:31 PM

just make sure not to transfer to a dying store/store that will close soon

zooworker March 24th, 2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Hi, I work for Blockbuster as a Store Manager in Europe but has thought about moving to California over this summer. Just out of curriosity, what are the approximately starting salery for a Store Manager at BB in the states?

Don't even think about it, cost of living is to fucking high and ever one there is weird....except people on here..K?:D

deathbydanny March 24th, 2011 08:49 PM

Only go to California if you like your people and your breasts the same way-- artificial and without substance. And if you want your wallet to be like Keyes' suit and head-- empty.

And when did I turn into Blockbuster Confucius?

HelloItsMeMOM March 25th, 2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

My guess is soon it will be zero ...

PartyGuy March 26th, 2011 12:35 PM

Well I don't have to worry about a pay raise now that my store is closing. All I can say is I got screwed my 3 years working at Blockbuster new hires made more then me.

I wish everyone the best of luck !

Hot Head March 26th, 2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartyGuy (Post 343472)
Well I don't have to worry about a pay raise now that my store is closing. All I can say is I got screwed my 3 years working at Blockbuster new hires made more then me.

I wish everyone the best of luck !

Exactly I would give you a pay raise, but since your fired I can no longer oblige. if thats even a word, I totally spelled it wrong.

AliensExist March 27th, 2011 04:11 AM

Are the cost of living really that high in Cali?? In Copenhagen where I live I pay 43% taxes and 1/3 of my salery to cover rental. I believe that's expensive!! Gas and food is not nearly as expensive in the states as it is over here.. The prices here is crazy!

Well, the reason why I want to move to California is because my dad lives in SF. I saw some job openings as SM in the SF/Oakland area... It could be cool to try it out...

I have been SM at a BB store for a year now with some really good results.. So do anyone have an idea about how much I could expect to be payed as an SM in a US BB-store?

underemployed March 28th, 2011 08:13 AM

lol ya I was gonna say even california is will seem cheap to a European. That is until you get sick and have to pay to go to the doctor and full price for your prescription medication.

Veruka_Salt March 28th, 2011 08:52 AM

You might want to check out some "cost of living" index websites to get a good sense, although they can be slightly misleading. For example, when I moved from an expensive Northeast city to an allegedly cheaper Southern town I anticipated how much I would need to earn to maintain the same life style. Uh, close but no cigar. There will be unexpected costs (like the doctor mentioned above). Use those sites as a baseline, and then maybe about 10% or so. Also, I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between the cities of San Francisco and Oakland -- despite being separated only by a bridge.