I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Let the firing begin Part 2 (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11714)

djblade January 23rd, 2012 07:08 PM

Let the firing begin Part 2

------------------------News Update----------------------

My DTSM sent this out today (1/22/12) in Box Office, referencing how the DM's are getting severely cut and its up to the stores in our district to save our DM (Bob):

so......very surprising.,,,no one called or reached out to me...as to what you could do differently......guess you don't care if come Wednesday Bob is your boss or not.....how sad. No one called me or my store al all, and I had answers.. and so did they........but you already knew ....GET RESULTS.......some tried...some didn't.....no one achieved what they could have the most important time of all.....I am really disappointed in 584 for the most part....not all , but most....and you know who you are....it is written all over the DKP....THE entire CORP COMPANY SEES IT....Not just Bob...or you.....We as a company are going from 112 DMS TO 34....steve is allowed...at least 6 in 8 states........Do you think you saved BOB........? D o you think? I hope if you guessed yes you are right....otherwise....you will not survive under any other...I hope come Thursday, if you voted........you win.........and we all win.......it's all about going forward.....in all levels........do you see a winner? ...in every store, at every level......if so.......we all WIN...............L

--------------------------------------------------------End of DTSM------------------------------------------------------

The good the bad and the ugly ( The word on the streets, could be from a RDO/DM/LP/HR/)

Blockbuster cut a lot of people from DM and above has we all know...... So what happen about 60% people are gone. Each State will have now 1 DM. People on the RDO level will all be let go and will be replaced with fresh blood but there will be a little bit more RDO's since they will now have to cover like 9 states and +. Its going to be very hard too and the pay won't be to satisfying. HR and LP are out pretty much. They have been cut down to nothing. Pretty much 1 LP is responsible for 9 states and + and marketing person is also too responsible for 9 and +. Corporate just lost half their people.

They are changing their whole structure which is the smartest idea they could do. They will save millions of dollars! They are going down to 950 stores which are good about and are planing to open new locations in new areas which isn't new since we already know.

Another good news for Blockbuster is that the studios are realizing their "streaming ultra violent is a bust" They are coming back to Blockbuster and are willing to do share agreements. Talk about wow. Blockbuster now guns to force the studios to their terms! I never did like Ultra Violent =\ because I want the copy so i can put it on my ipad or other devices, not streaming version. Eventhough I could just ripp the dvd :rolleyes: lol.

Also, our payouts are coming this week too :) (enter information for the payout.) (not for combo pass instinctive but for bundles)

KAWLIGA January 23rd, 2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djblade (Post 356235)
------------------------News Update----------------------

My DTSM sent this out today (1/22/12) in Box Office, referencing how the DM's are getting severely cut and its up to the stores in our district to save our DM (Bob):

so......very surprising.,,,no one called or reached out to me...as to what you could do differently......guess you don't care if come Wednesday Bob is your boss or not.....how sad. No one called me or my store al all, and I had answers.. and so did they........but you already knew ....GET RESULTS.......some tried...some didn't.....no one achieved what they could have the most important time of all.....I am really disappointed in 584 for the most part....not all , but most....and you know who you are....it is written all over the DKP....THE entire CORP COMPANY SEES IT....Not just Bob...or you.....We as a company are going from 112 DMS TO 34....steve is allowed...at least 6 in 8 states........Do you think you saved BOB........? D o you think? I hope if you guessed yes you are right....otherwise....you will not survive under any other...I hope come Thursday, if you voted........you win.........and we all win.......it's all about going forward.....in all levels........do you see a winner? ...in every store, at every level......if so.......we all WIN...............L

--------------------------------------------------------

The good the bad and the ugly

Blockbuster cut a lot of people from DM and above has we all know...... So what happen about 60% people are gone. Each State will have now 1 DM. People on the RDO level will all be let go and will be replaced with fresh blood but there will be a little bit more RDO's since they will now have to cover like 9 states and +. Its going to be very hard too and the pay won't be to satisfying. HR and LP are out pretty much. They have been cut down to nothing. Pretty much 1 LP is responsible for 9 states and + and marketing person is also too responsible for 9 and +. Corporate just lost half their people.

They are changing their whole structure which is the smartest idea they could do. They will save millions of dollars! They are going down to 950 stores which are good about and are planing to open new locations in new areas which isn't new since we already know.

Another good news for Blockbuster is that the studios are realizing their "streaming ultra violent is a bust" They are coming back to Blockbuster and are willing to do share agreements. Talk about wow. Blockbuster now guns to force the studios to their terms! I never did like Ultra Violent =\ because I want the copy so i can put it on my ipad or other devices, not streaming version. Eventhough I could just ripp the dvd :rolleyes: lol.

Also, our payouts are coming this week too :) (not for combo pass instinctive but for bundles)

Guy...there is NO WAY IN HELL that your DTSM sent this to you. Please tell me that you're joking...or better yet, please tell me that you're not joking.

KAWLIGA January 23rd, 2012 08:42 PM

deleted you fucks

Just Breathe 09 January 23rd, 2012 09:00 PM

Are you kidding me DJBlade lol. So when is the Combo pass/TA payouts then?

djblade January 24th, 2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Breathe 09 (Post 356239)
Are you kidding me DJBlade lol. So when is the Combo pass/TA payouts then?

Mid February :(

djblade January 24th, 2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAWLIGA (Post 356237)
Guy...there is NO WAY IN HELL that your DTSM sent this to you. Please tell me that you're joking...or better yet, please tell me that you're not joking.

By the end of the month, there will be no more DTSM! They will just go back to Store Mangers

Just Breathe 09 January 24th, 2012 09:24 AM

They are such weasels....Blockbuster does everything so backwards. Why aren't they able to pay us?

johnlow71 January 24th, 2012 09:40 AM

i love blockbuster video yepppppppppppppppppp.

djblade January 24th, 2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnlow71 (Post 356248)
i love blockbuster video yepppppppppppppppppp.

I hear closing stores don't get a payout but instead get a Blockbuster coffee mug :rolleyes:

katiebell January 24th, 2012 01:31 PM

Box office had a task for SM's today to enter employee information (Name, POS ID # and DISH ID #) for the incentive payout. If it is like before I'm sure the "SIMPLE" instructions won't be followed correctly and alot of people won't be paid on time AGAIN!

How many times does employee information have to be entered for them to realize we DO still work there? You would think the fact that someone gets a paycheck still would be their first clue. JMHO.

D Money January 24th, 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiebell (Post 356252)
Box office had a task for SM's today to enter employee information (Name, POS ID # and DISH ID #) for the incentive payout. If it is like before I'm sure the "SIMPLE" instructions won't be followed correctly and alot of people won't be paid on time AGAIN!

How many times does employee information have to be entered for them to realize we DO still work there? You would think the fact that someone gets a paycheck still would be their first clue. JMHO.

Do you know which promotions they are doing payouts for this round? I know we (most of us anyway) received the email and Combo Pass payouts. I'm guessing this one will be for the Build-your-own-severance-i mean-boxset promotion? lol

inkedangel January 24th, 2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Money (Post 356253)
Do you know which promotions they are doing payouts for this round? I know we (most of us anyway) received the email and Combo Pass payouts. I'm guessing this one will be for the Build-your-own-severance-i mean-boxset promotion? lol

The update they had today was for the byob incentive, not combo pass/online yet

Woodstock January 24th, 2012 02:58 PM

The company I now work for had an incentive program for the month of dec and I got the money today in a direct deposit. NICE!!!

SpiceCake January 24th, 2012 05:55 PM

So the movie studios are seriously looking to enter back into revenue sharing agreements with Blockbuster? And are you saying that the 950 remaining stores are all profitable and are therefore the stores that Dish is going to stick with for the long term? Or is it simply that there are 950 stores left and those, too, will be closed by the next year or so, although they're still making enough money to justify operating them for a few more months?

djblade January 24th, 2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodstock (Post 356256)
The company I now work for had an incentive program for the month of dec and I got the money today in a direct deposit. NICE!!!

How much was it?

zooworker January 25th, 2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAWLIGA (Post 356238)
deleted you fucks

We only wish..............:rolleyes:

zooworker January 25th, 2012 07:26 AM

DJ...Should have named the thread "Let the Firing Continue"

djblade January 25th, 2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooworker (Post 356270)
DJ...Should have named the thread "Let the Firing Continue"

That could still work :rolleyes:

yodavsjason January 25th, 2012 11:02 AM

the company I work for gives incentives every week

PickleBundle January 25th, 2012 11:28 AM

"...Do you think you saved BOB........? D o you think? I hope if you guessed yes you are right....otherwise....you will not survive under any other...I hope come Thursday, if you voted........you win.........and we all win.......it's all about going forward.....in all levels........do you see a winner? ...in every store, at every level......if so.......we all WIN...............L"

Charlie Sheen is your DTSM? Wow- that's pretty cool.

kOre January 25th, 2012 01:03 PM

I just gotta know......was Bob saved or did they can his ass?

inkedangel January 25th, 2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kOre (Post 356277)
I just gotta know......was Bob saved or did they can his ass?

Bob was saved with some D cell batteries... lol... rarin and ready to go

HelloItsMeMOM January 25th, 2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkedangel (Post 356279)
bob Was Saved With Some D Cell Batteries... Lol... Rarin And Ready To Go

Yay! ;) :p

Woodstock January 25th, 2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djblade (Post 356264)
How much was it?

It was about 100.00 bucks. Not to shabby.

Ghost of AtlanticVamp January 25th, 2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PickleBundle (Post 356276)
"...Do you think you saved BOB........? D o you think? I hope if you guessed yes you are right....otherwise....you will not survive under any other...I hope come Thursday, if you voted........you win.........and we all win.......it's all about going forward.....in all levels........do you see a winner? ...in every store, at every level......if so.......we all WIN...............L"

Charlie Sheen is your DTSM? Wow- that's pretty cool.

Wow, guilt trips are still active at BBI. What a shock. :o

Glass Half Empty January 26th, 2012 05:13 AM

When is the huge purge happening? Cause my DM is still there as of today. I do know he told my SM that he had to interview to see if he was going to still be with the company. Hope you are right about the RDOs being out-mine was an idiot. Who decides to make store visits the day before Thanksgiving?

easy1234 January 26th, 2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty (Post 356291)
When is the huge purge happening? Cause my DM is still there as of today. I do know he told my SM that he had to interview to see if he was going to still be with the company. Hope you are right about the RDOs being out-mine was an idiot. Who decides to make store visits the day before Thanksgiving?

I can think of at least one RDO that would do that. His name sounds a lot like Kevin :p

D Money January 26th, 2012 09:47 PM

"see you in the stores", yea "Token" is gone

Glass Half Empty January 27th, 2012 07:50 AM

Either my SM messed up or we didn't get the payout for the BYOB on this check-no one is surprised....

inkedangel January 27th, 2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty (Post 356319)
Either my SM messed up or we didn't get the payout for the BYOB on this check-no one is surprised....

It's not your SM. They didn't pay it out yet.

djblade January 27th, 2012 09:33 AM

Its coming the 10th of February I believe since they are letting go of a lot of people in January

Hot Head January 28th, 2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djblade (Post 356322)
Its coming the 10th of February I believe since they are letting go of a lot of people in January

break ups are never good.

Glass Half Empty January 28th, 2012 06:16 PM

In my area they only let go of half the DMs-they reassigned the others to new job titles and the RDO was NOT let go. The new DM for my area has my whole state plus other areas in neighboring states.

djblade January 28th, 2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty (Post 356336)
In my area they only let go of half the DMs-they reassigned the others to new job titles and the RDO was NOT let go. The new DM for my area has my whole state plus other areas in neighboring states.

told u!!!!!! lol

easy1234 January 29th, 2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty (Post 356336)

That speaks volumes on the decision makers at Dish! If they can't see that RDO is quite possibly the biggest waste of money in the entire company then Kaw is right, it truly is "business as usual".

Glass Half Empty January 29th, 2012 05:34 AM

Maybe DJ or someone else in a "go forward" store can explain the new hierarchy because it seems like there are still alot of "upper management" positions. Yes the DM and RDO have more stores/states but there seems to be more support personnel in the new structure. I thought it was a SPLENDID idea to get rid of all the RDOs and get fresh blood-but that didn't happen.

SuspectRoll January 29th, 2012 11:06 AM

It's not being delayed. The payout was always going to be in February. If you guys remember correctly, we are going to get paid an extra bonus amount for any pass sold up to the end of December that is auto renewed for a 2nd month.

Example:

If I sold a pass on December 28th we wouldn't know if the customer kept the pass for a 2nd month until 30 days later.

Thus the need to wait until February.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djblade (Post 356322)

johnlow71 January 29th, 2012 11:20 AM

im about to get fing paid, im a superstar baby.

DavidNewlySL January 29th, 2012 11:55 AM

Actually, they got rid of a lot of the dm's and there was only 11 rdo's to begin with, there is now 7 rdos left, which are now called territory directors. The dm's that were kept, are watching over the closing stores until they close, then they too will move on. Leaving only about 35 out of 111 dm's to be having about 25-30 stores each.

NowImNothing January 29th, 2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL (Post 356344)
The dm's that were kept, are watching over the closing stores until they close, then they too will move on. Leaving only about 35 out of 111 dm's to be having about 25-30 stores each.

The fact that my idiotic, conceited, moronic, shortsighted, hateful, spiteful, douchbag of a DM made the cut to remain as one of these 35 Regional Sales Managers completely astounds me. I mean, not only does this guy not have a basic grasp of the English language, making deciphering his box office posts and conference calls a daily struggle, but he runs our market by humiliating and intimidating his employees. I've had many DMs in my Blockbuster career but you sir, Mr. S, you take the cake. Seriously, pat yourself on the back because the nosedive this market has taken in recent months can be directly attributed to your so-called ideas of "greatness!!". Is it any wonder that 90% of the stores that are closing in our newly combined disrtict are from your old district? And isn't funny how you're ass-breaking your neck to save those store managers while booting out the more experienced and successful store managers? I can't wait until I've found a new job and am out from underneath your reign of idiocy, and I guarantee you, on my last day, you will know exactly who I am and what I think of you, and I won't censor myself as I've done here.