I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Website Wind-down... (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11943)

Chrisedge January 14th, 2013 09:10 AM

Website Wind-down...

Looks like we are coming to an end folks. I think come Feb/March 2013, I will be closing shop. Possibly leaving the forum up, but closed to new posts/registrations. Donations aren't what they used to be, the software is way out of date, and tired of having to check in. Feel free to comment but this is probably the end...

djblade January 14th, 2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisedge (Post 359674)
Looks like we are coming to an end folks. I think come Feb/March 2013, I will be closing shop. Possibly leaving the forum up, but closed to new posts/registrations. Donations aren't what they used to be, the software is way out of date, and tired of having to check in. Feel free to comment but this is probably the end...

Will you hand down the site/Forum?

Chrisedge January 14th, 2013 02:48 PM

No, this will always be my site. If someone wanted to start another on a different server/domain, I MIGHT link to it, but I am not selling or handing it off. Still gets tons of traffic, but not like the old days.

zooworker January 15th, 2013 01:45 PM

I will miss the old days chris , please give us a notice exactly when so we can say our goodbys

SpiceCake January 15th, 2013 04:52 PM

Is anyone planning on starting a new forum? There's probably a good free forum system somewhere that can be used.

BBVTyrant January 15th, 2013 06:26 PM

Well, as the company dies ... and the stores close down, people move on. It's the nature of the beast. I think it's time.

SpiceCake January 15th, 2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBVTyrant (Post 359687)
Well, as the company dies ... and the stores close down, people move on. It's the nature of the beast. I think it's time.

But that's just the thing -- it seems like there's a slim possibility that the stores could be around for the "long-haul" (I.e., 2-3 more years), and it would be weird to not have a place to discuss Dish's handling of BB and what they're rumored to have in store for the company. I guess that's just the way it is, though...

AbandonedDreams January 16th, 2013 01:01 AM

SpiceCake, this website used to be a lot more than just that. It was a community and while there was a lot of BBV discussion, there was a lot of other stuff as well and many many friends. It is weird for the few of us "old schoolers" still around to log in and see 5 posts-it used to be that we could be gone only a few hours and come back to thousands. I think we have all been thinking that it has been time for us to move on. Zoo even (finally) got a facebook page.

SpiceCake January 16th, 2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams (Post 359690)
SpiceCake, this website used to be a lot more than just that. It was a community and while there was a lot of BBV discussion, there was a lot of other stuff as well and many many friends. It is weird for the few of us "old schoolers" still around to log in and see 5 posts-it used to be that we could be gone only a few hours and come back to thousands. I think we have all been thinking that it has been time for us to move on. Zoo even (finally) got a facebook page.

I see what you mean. I guess it will just be weird to depend on Google News exclusively for news/updates regarding BB without being able to bop in and ask the few remaining "insiders" what's going on behind the scenes.

Hot Head January 16th, 2013 05:30 PM

I can host but more traffic nessary

Chris tell me your platorm apache? I know this is php based but you can still run windows and yea.

But I would need input from the user base to meet thier needs in regards to forum structure

Abondonded can come to lol