I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   About New Years Eve.... (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10875)

Kreen-Akrore November 16th, 2010 09:18 AM

About New Years Eve....

I know there is a couple topics about the holidays and what not but I didn't want my post on this to go unread.

Yesterday, on my conference call my DM, said that she tried to get to some higher ups to see if they could change, the schedule but they said since it's a Friday we need to stay open till 12.
She also said that they would try to make it fun, they are allowing the employees to wear jeans(woooooo oh yeah /sarcasm)

How can they let something like this happen? It completely destroys employee moral, and really shows that they don't care about us.
Anyways I sent a letter using the GlobalHR thing that they started I forgot the name of it.

I want to ask all the employees here if they can do the same.
Take the fiery pen to paper, or in this case fiery fingers to keyboard, and write them something. Your thoughts and how this is a horrible decision.

maybe we can get through to them one way or another. If any one wants to see what I wrote I'll PM them, just ask me, I took a picture of it. even the employee I was working with said it was a very well written letter.

Big Dog November 16th, 2010 09:32 AM

And here's the best thing, corporate is only paying time and a half from 4 to 10pm. And they expect employees to stay until midnight.

Nobody comes in after 9 pm! The company again comes up with another stupid idea that costs them more money, and further hurts employee morale!

I'm so glad I only have 10 days left with this company!

Kreen-Akrore November 16th, 2010 09:38 AM

I didn't even know about the time and a half but still that wouldn't make me want to work. I find being with my family, and friends to be alot more rewarding then 12.00 an hour.

zooworker November 16th, 2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreen-Akrore (Post 334918)
I know there is a couple topics about the holidays and what not but I didn't want my post on this to go unread.

Yesterday, on my conference call my DM, said that she tried to get to some higher ups to see if they could change, the schedule but they said since it's a Friday we need to stay open till 12.
She also said that they would try to make it fun, they are allowing the employees to wear jeans(woooooo oh yeah /sarcasm)

How can they let something like this happen? It completely destroys employee moral, and really shows that they don't care about us.
Anyways I sent a letter using the GlobalHR thing that they started I forgot the name of it.

I want to ask all the employees here if they can do the same.
Take the fiery pen to paper, or in this case fiery fingers to keyboard, and write them something. Your thoughts and how this is a horrible decision.

maybe we can get through to them one way or another. If any one wants to see what I wrote I'll PM them, just ask me, I took a picture of it. even the employee I was working with said it was a very well written letter.

Does this really surprise you?

All the higher ups will be drunk by closing anyway.

djblade November 16th, 2010 10:10 AM

Or just request that day off.

zooworker November 16th, 2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djblade (Post 334927)
Or just request that day off.

My old manager would never let anyone request Holidays off, except him/her.

djblade November 16th, 2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooworker (Post 334929)
My old manager would never let anyone request Holidays off, except him/her.

damn :( couldn't you make up something?

itirnitii November 16th, 2010 10:16 AM

we always had a holiday list, and between Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day you got to pick the top three, in order of preference, you'd rather have off.

Worked pretty well...

zooworker November 16th, 2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djblade (Post 334931)
damn :( couldn't you make up something?

Only when I called in sick one holiday from the hospital, fell down and broke 3 ribs, was my SM pissed, missed 3 weeks of work....

Gonzo November 16th, 2010 11:06 AM

Our store is open til 11 on Fridays/Saturdays but I feel your pain. It's stupid really when you think about it.

How many people come in late on New Year's Eve and rent movies? If no one comes in between 9 and 12 then you are wasting money, not only paying your employees but for electricity.