I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Question for all the other sm's (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8323)

DavidNewlySL November 10th, 2007 09:28 AM

Question for all the other sm's

Do your Rdo's and dm's make you drive out of ur way to another store at 8am in the morning, to go look at another store for an hr and a half to see what a store should look like, then drive back to your store and work there to wait for the RDO to come visit your store?

I nthe past 3 weeks, we have had to go to PA for the meeting for the CEO, go to the DBr which was an hr away in dunkirk, and of course now this, and we do not get reimbursed for the gas we are using.

BBVcasualposter November 10th, 2007 09:34 AM

This happens generally if your RDO or DM arent exactly impressed with your store. Its kind of their attempt to say get yours looking like this, as opposed to writing someone up and putting them on an action plan. Paperwork can be a bit of an annoyance especially when they could use their time more constructively. From my personal experience, 25% of the SM's and DM's pay for what the other 75% just cant or wont do right.

My store used to be one everyone else had to visit, lol

DavidNewlySL November 10th, 2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter (Post 262992)
This happens generally if your RDO or DM arent exactly impressed with your store. Its kind of their attempt to say get yours looking like this, as opposed to writing someone up and putting them on an action plan. Paperwork can be a bit of an annoyance especially when they could use their time more constructively. From my personal experience, 25% of the SM's and DM's pay for what the other 75% just cant or wont do right.

My store used to be one everyone else had to visit, lol

Well no that isnt true, they havent been to my store in awhile and my last non-negotiable was almost flawless, I am saying that they want all 15 store managers in our district to go to this store and look around, It is merely a waste of time.

Ridge November 10th, 2007 09:48 AM

Wonder what your DM would do if you called him and said "Sorry, can't make it. I don't have the money for gas."

BBVcasualposter November 10th, 2007 09:51 AM

Non-negotiables only cover a limited few areas, [another of BB's (this bb isnt blockbuster)babies im surprised didnt go with him] . They dont exactly cover overall store appearance and condition just some areas.

They obviously dont think the other 14 meet the overall beauty and marketing standard of this one store, otherwise all 14 wouldnt be going.

Propoxy November 10th, 2007 11:56 AM

Is this that "Model Store" BS my DM was babbling about awhile ago?

You should be paid mileage, though.

powerbait November 10th, 2007 12:20 PM

Yeah, we had a model store in our district when I was there.

DavidNewlySL November 10th, 2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter (Post 262997)
Non-negotiables only cover a limited few areas, [another of BB's (this bb isnt blockbuster)babies im surprised didnt go with him] . They dont exactly cover overall store appearance and condition just some areas.

They obviously dont think the other 14 meet the overall beauty and marketing standard of this one store, otherwise all 14 wouldnt be going.

lol I dont think this is by far a model store, they got a 35% at the last audit of the store. Im not sure, it is the DTSM store tho.

Well, my store included, was visited by the Vice President, and the only problems he could find were just placement of the que towers, which was where my rdo told me to put them, and the "U" code rentals, 2 of them had 2 day stickers on them, when they came out that week, so i dont think i need to go look at another store.

DavidNewlySL November 10th, 2007 07:30 PM

Plus this is a volume 1 store that I am quite surprised is still open, it is right between four volume 2 stores, it is probably easy as pie to run, so if they did have everything in line i wouldnt be surprised, not to mention they get trainees and extra hours and employees to do it all in. they can go over 60 hrs and it is okay.

BBVcasualposter November 10th, 2007 09:16 PM

Seems like you have all the answers. So I wont comment anything else for you to refute.