I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Glad I'm Not A SM (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11658)

Glass Half Empty November 16th, 2011 01:46 PM

Glad I'm Not A SM

Corporate sent a memo about how all the stores were over on labor last week so every store had to cut at least 10 hours (some stores had to cut over 30!) this week. Then to further rub salt into the wound after stating how busy we would be next week because of the holiday, they cut labor to the bone for next week and tell the SMs they must work SIX days next week (M-F and they MUST open on Saturday) and their 5 hours that they work over the 40 COUNT in the labor equation. What good does it do to have an Open House when they won't give us the labor to run it or short staff us over the holidays? Customers will get shitty service-if any at all- and I definately won't be pushing any deals while trying to push customers through the line. Same old ,same old.

johnlow71 November 16th, 2011 02:49 PM

damed if we do damed if we dont!

yodavsjason November 16th, 2011 04:45 PM

Damn Blockbuster Video

djblade November 16th, 2011 09:37 PM

That's wired, they told us they're giving us extra 30 hours on ourside :confused:

but man that does suck, how are you suppose to run a open house when you don't have the labor hours. WTF is this company thinking!?!?! Then DM's expecting sales goals to be met. Screw that! I just want my TRN to go up. Let customers buy what the f8ck they want. If they want a combo pass, I'll give it to them. This weekend is a chance to make up all miss TNR crap due to the free coupons/combo pass stuff.

also, don't SM have to work all the "open house" event

CoffeeCup November 17th, 2011 06:57 AM

*scratches head* Required to work over 40 hours but only getting paid for 40? Didnt WalMart get it's ass kicked in court down there over unpaid overtime?

CoffeeCup November 17th, 2011 06:59 AM

Hey remember that time they shut all the stores down in Canada and tried to enforce super strict labour hours that meant 2 people working at a time during liquidation making 10,000$ a day? Yeah, that was fun :D

djblade November 17th, 2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoffeeCup (Post 354854)
*scratches head* Required to work over 40 hours but only getting paid for 40? Didnt WalMart get it's ass kicked in court down there over unpaid overtime?

SM are salary so they can't sue. If you are getting paid by the hour and work more than 40 hours, then yes! you will get overtime.

inkedangel November 17th, 2011 08:42 AM

We had to shave 10 hours this week, it blew cause we lost one shift Friday night and our store was right on for labor. We hardly ever actually go over, normally have a few hours to spare when it's all said and done. if we had to shave 30 we would have been screwed even more. And yes next week SM's are required next week to do 6 days @ a min of 52 hours for the week. Since they are Salary they get paid the same. I agree 100%, they are cutting the labor but we have all this stuff coming up this weekend and am concerned with how we are going to be able to give the customer service they expect and that the customers deserve if we don't have enough people on. We always seem to figure it out at our store but doesn't make it less stressful.. Not sure how it will all roll out later though

Glass Half Empty November 17th, 2011 09:26 AM

They told us in our district that they were giving us extra hours for this open house but then took them away AND told us to take 10 more off of that!! I sneaked a look at next week's schedule and we've got 2 people running a weekend night holiday shift! WTF..and apparently now this company thinks it's ok for csrs to be scheduled to come in 1 hour before close to help close-leaving the manager alone until then. It gets dark early where I live and I think having any person male or female alone like that is totally not safe and just begging for some sort of lawsuit if someone gets seriously hurt all because Dish wants to save some money on labor.

zooworker November 17th, 2011 01:17 PM

I once wanted to be a SM, but saw all the bullshit they threw at them and changed my mind, stayed an ASM....