I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I think my store is closing.. (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11032)

FZappa January 28th, 2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bthbr4 (Post 338410)
SMH!! thats pretty bold and they didnt even tell the employee's. Who knows, maybe the landlord havent said anything to the corporate yet!

Oh, the landlord has no doubt talked to or at least left messages with corporate for months. Corp just went on and kept saying, "Everything's fine. Sell more bundles. Don't worry, we have everything under control." You get used to it.

FZappa January 28th, 2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bEZ (Post 338434)
At one of my stores, i showed up one day and there was a "for lease" sign on the building. The DM was pissed and assured us we were not closing.. They eventually took the sign down. Then a few months later we closed....

Yeah, it doesn't really matter what the DM says. The landlord says you're out, you're out. And they don't just up and do things like that. Landlords love tennants that pay the rent.

zooworker January 28th, 2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FZappa (Post 338542)
I went through this with Hollywood several times. I hate to say it but they won't warn anyone. You'll find out from landlords coming in, asking about rent or just getting the signs in the mail saying the store is closing. BB has the same kind of evil and corrupt leadership Hollywood had at the end. It's time for everyone to start seeking new employment. Don't make the mistake I did and let them keep transfering you. It's just going to mean you go through more closings and it will drag you down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FZappa (Post 338543)
Oh, the landlord has no doubt talked to or at least left messages with corporate for months. Corp just went on and kept saying, "Everything's fine. Sell more bundles. Don't worry, we have everything under control." You get used to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FZappa (Post 338544)
Yeah, it doesn't really matter what the DM says. The landlord says you're out, you're out. And they don't just up and do things like that. Landlords love tennants that pay the rent.

FZappa see how neet you can respond to multiple quotes. Just use this button on each one http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/foru...iquote_off.gif and then you can make just one post on all of them, it's so simple;)

FZappa January 28th, 2011 09:49 AM

Sorry about that. It's kind of rare for me to squeeze in more than one reply in a week so haven't really learned the ins and outs.

zooworker January 28th, 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FZappa (Post 338546)
Sorry about that. It's kind of rare for me to squeeze in more than one reply in a week so haven't really learned the ins and outs.

It's cool, just thought you should know that feature.....:cool:

KAWLIGA January 28th, 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter (Post 338473)
I'm surprised I havent seen this addressed on the boards.

Your regional staff is currently in meetings [I beleive Dallas] flown in ,in 2 groups. One wednesday 1 thursday. This includes RDO, HRM, whats left of LPM's and many corp staff.

They are determining or being told who is retained and who is terminated. Several higher ranking in the LPM and HRM are being axed.

Firiday those retained will then be given instruction on store count size and restructuring and then be told to determine which DM's will be terminated. Next week begins that process.

Its also been requested by your friendly neighborhood Hollywood video wrecking ball now the new BBV wrecking ball a list of all Store managers on finals and those who they feel are low performers.

Good times.

Additionally I've stated this before. Blockbuster can only get so small. As they shrink they become more at risk of losing revenue share deals as its no longer viable to the studios. With a low to no cash position a loss of revenue share means much smaller product buys and much less availability which equates to less sales. IE: the never ending downhill cycle. Companies like Computer city, circuit city fell in to this type of void and you even see it today in companys like radio shack with mainly outdated/old less relevant product.

Will be interesting to hear how the rest of the month pans out.

Hey asshole...go to the "NEWS" forum and post my "info"!!!... (little bitch)

bthbr4 January 30th, 2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bthbr4 (Post 338448)
can u put up the list 4 us? ;)

i guess their not gonna post the list.:(

Antithesys January 30th, 2011 06:29 AM

You wanted the list of the five stores in my metro area that are closing?

bthbr4 January 30th, 2011 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antithesys (Post 338626)
You wanted the list of the five stores in my metro area that are closing?

sure! :)

plz!