I Hate Blockbuster Forum

I Hate Blockbuster Forum (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Ranting and Raving (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Single IHBB'ers: Dating/Matchmaking websites? (http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10598)

Ghost of AtlanticVamp August 24th, 2010 02:39 PM

Single IHBB'ers: Dating/Matchmaking websites?

Since I have started divorce proceedings, I have been looking into the dating websites. I have tried Zoosk, AdultFriendFinder (yes, I know what that one's for), Match.com, and eHarmony (I didn't have this many questions on my Psychology final exams!). I have come to a conclusion: I think my self-esteem might be too high for these websites.

I'm not knocking them. They do what they say they do, which is provide listings of other single people and attempt to match you (sometimes). However, my marriage must've not been that bad, or ended that badly, because I'm actually not impressed with ANYONE I've seen. Maybe the nights are just not cold enough yet.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone successfully hooked up or found a mate/date online?

zooworker August 24th, 2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp (Post 327165)
Since I have started divorce proceedings, I have been looking into the dating websites. I have tried Zoosk,

What, I didn't know I had a dating web sight, damn have to call my lawyers about that.:eek:

Ghost of AtlanticVamp August 24th, 2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooworker (Post 327167)
What, I didn't know I had a dating web sight, damn have to call my lawyers about that.:eek:

Yeah, when it popped up on Facebook, I had to do a double-take!

abhorrent scowl August 24th, 2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zooworker (Post 327167)

So that's what you've been doing since leaving BB, huh?
"Dating". Sure. Ok.

Keep that pimp hand strong, Zoo.:D

Ghost of AtlanticVamp August 24th, 2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl (Post 327186)
So that's what you've been doing since leaving BB, huh?
"Dating". Sure. Ok.

Keep that pimp hand strong, Zoo.:D

It's not Zoo; it's "Silky". :D

Beer_Monkey August 24th, 2010 06:46 PM

Maybe you need to be single for a while?

Ghost of AtlanticVamp August 24th, 2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer_Monkey (Post 327240)
Maybe you need to be single for a while?

Maybe. But I am sort of "practicing" with the dating websites, so I might get an idea of what's out there.

Beer_Monkey August 24th, 2010 07:20 PM

Its a strange one cos you don't get the same feel of a person online as you do when you meet someone in person. I met one person once and they were very different :/

HelloItsMeMOM August 24th, 2010 08:01 PM

I have met two guys on dating sites .. one was a one date scary guy. The other was a lost love refound that resulted in a six year love affair and a book.

Now you all know where I was when I was gone for those long spells... ha ha ha

okcupid.com It is free and the questions are fun. I never post a photo and haven't found anyone yet worth meeting.

datehookup.com The forums are fun and the people are very friendly. Free, too.

mate1.com Free for the ladies and it has a messenger on it.

chemistry.com and eharmony.com often have free weekends, especially around holidays.

pof.com is free but has alot of married men trolling.

zooie's site didn't appeal to me. I am not spending money on anything.

PM questions if you have any.

wheresmikey August 24th, 2010 08:10 PM

Dating websites are the first step to being greeted by Chris Hanson in an empty house.