View Single Post
Unread August 29th, 2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
I don't sell rewards because I don't have to unless the customer ask me to sell it.
If I have a customer who is up for expiration and I see they got enough free rentals last year to make it worth it I will ask them if they want to renew. Otherwise, no...I am with you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
I know how this goes the DM are like oh ok you hit your goals cool now I want 5 more bundles or I want an extra Halo. They like to pretend like we are making commission off our sales but its more like "you want to keep your job right? your going to make these sales or we can get someone else up here". I think that they need to get rid of the DM position and leave it up to the SM.
Our previous DM got fired and one of the reasons he got fired was because he was basically letting the store managers do their own thing. It wasn't bad, either. Our SM has been with the company for more than 20 years or so and he may not be the easiest person to work with but I do have to say he knows our store and the area we are in and how to position things that sell in our store. He set up the store how he wanted to when that previous DM was in charge and we did fantastic in sales on all counts. We were in the top 5 in the entire company for quite a while.

Then that DM got fired, the new DM and RDO came into the store and made our SM change everything back to how corporate wanted it, the sales on those things plummeted and the new DM was riding our SM's ass for letting his sales go down.

I've often said and heard it said if corporate would just leave the stores alone when they are doing well this company would be doing great. They need to focus on the under performing stores and look at the performing stores and look at what actually WORKS. Not taping coupons, not balloons, not any of that crap...what actually WORKS. Instead they try to make a store in the midwest look like a store in California but what works for lay out in one part of the country may not work at another store in the midwest.

Our SM, by the way, re-positioned the favorites so it ran along with the lay out of the wall and put the PRP tables right smack dab in the center of the store. We also had a couple tables full of candy to promote the bundles. We sold a ton load of PRP and bundles, crap that is is nearly pure profit for the store. Since changing it to how corporate wanted, we've never approached those sales numbers again.