View Single Post
Unread November 20th, 2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_Mans View Post
In my personal opinion they're isn't much we can do because we do get a paycheck for what we do. If we don't like it they send someone else to do your job

what I have started doing is I have stop caring. I don't give 100 percent everyday when i go in. I just work,hit 80 percent if goals and i'm out. Stop giving that extra 110 percent that we always give.

My biggest thing is just to kiss up to RFID and dms. Yeah you want to look good but don't stick your head in their asses when they come to visit. In alll honesty just keep it real. My RDO knows my uniformed opinion on our company,but the only he gives a shit about is cleanliness and sales goals.
I'd like to agree with this but for most of us, we can't NOT give our all at work. Don't get me wrong, everyone has their days where they don't give their all, but for the most part we WANT to care. Even at a job where they abuse us. Up until the end of my time at Blockbuster, I gave my all every day (barring the ocassional day here or there where I wasn't feeling well or whatnot) even after I was transferred to a store I was miserable at, being forced to sell crap to people that didn't want it, etc etc. As much as I wanted to half-ass my efforts, I found that I just couldn't. I'd put my CSR on register to try and get them some sales, wander around the retail section, and before I knew it, I'd be alphabetizing the section.

I agree with keeping on the good side of the DM, but even when I was on my DM's good side, I was still the one who got the sales pressure dumped upon. Even though I always came through in a clutch, I'd get the crap jobs dumped on my when he was around, like scraping the windows clean of all adhesive when my store closed. You could be on good terms with them, but in the end, you're still a replaceable asset.