View Single Post
Unread December 9th, 2010, 04:44 AM

To all those current BBV Employees

I was in the same boat as you, I had been burned out, and mentally beaten down by the end of my BBV run, so I jumped out @ the first chance I got, and let me just say that I regret it every day, though I do not necessarily regret quitting because of the way I was treated by our new SM/DM combo (who both coincidentally are no longer with the company)

-At first, the job I had lined up was a good one with a well known company, but as soon as I started working there, they sliced the hell out of the hours, in fact I went 3 weeks straight without being on the schedule, at which point I called them and tried to get more hours (I wasnt even trained yet), to which they told me theyd see what they could do, well 2 more weeks went by and nothing

-During this time I had been putting in applications, and got a call from a Big Box retailer, so I jumped at the chance primarily because I needed a job to pay for classes...boy was that a mistake, now every day I go to work, is hell.

-Now im not posting this to whine (ok, maybe a bit) but all im saying, is the "Grass is always Greener" idea may be kicking in on you, but I assure you it is not, I would take BBV with my worst manager, any day over my current job, and as we speak im actually trying to get back on at my old store, since ive heard the new management regime that ran me out is no longer with the company.

Is BBV corporate inept at times? yes, am i defending their every decision? no. do some DM's / RDO's suck? indeed they do

I just want to warn people who are suffering right now, to hang in there, hey at the worst youll get unemploymnent, but there are far, far, far, far worse places out there to work then bbv.

ok, sorry for the long read, but I felt it had to be said
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheShooter87 For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (December 9th, 2010), MaximusX7 (December 9th, 2010), Ninja (December 11th, 2010), wheresmikey (December 9th, 2010), yodavsjason (December 9th, 2010)