View Single Post
Unread June 22nd, 2010, 10:20 PM
IHBB Freak

Much as it's fun to pick on Kawliga, since he's accepted the role of heel, he does have a point. In a state with LEGALLY MANDATED BREAKS, it is AGAINST THE LAW to deny it to you. It is NOT against the law to close a store to fulfill a LEGALLY BINDING OBLIGATION. Therefore, if you are forced to, close the store. What's the DM going to do, fire you for obeying the law? That DM ought to be kissing your ass so hard you have permanent lip shaped chap, because you're saving them from one hell of a legal battle.

Or, if you MUST, go ahead and close the store and get fired. Not only is it illegal to fire someone for taking a legally mandated break, it's also very illegal to get fired retaliatorily. If this DM gets in any sort of trouble due to you OBEYING THE LAW, and fires you as a result, it's in retaliation. Otherwise, what's the excuse? "You're fired for not wanting to get us arrested or sued back into the Stone Age!"

It's technically the same for bathroom breaks. Legally speaking, you can not be denied bathroom privilege (within reason). You gotta take a shit, and you're flying solo? Close the store. They gonna fire you for not taking care of a necessary bodily function? Though, if you fart on anyone, you're on your own...

Seriously? Take your break, and scream LAWSUIT if you get threatened in ANY WAY. Phrase it exactly as such, "Are you going to fire me for not breaking the law?" Bring a tape recorder. ???? PROFIT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.