View Single Post
Unread June 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
IHBB Freak

All retailers have some idea when something doesn't belong to them, but that's a huge matter of "The Customer Is Always Right." I'm all for excellent customer service, but common sense suggests the complete opposite of this corporate mantra you get from any retail environment. In a "Customer Is Always Right" mentality, most stores are effectively betting that eating it on some returns is worth keeping a customer (and more importantly, a customer's spending money) happy.

Granted, you're taking advantage of a loophole in the system, and it's impossible to close all loopholes. For survival? Maybe, but I define survival as just that-- take this option, or quite literally die. Was the person scamming Wal-Mart on the literal verge of death? No. Were the people he cared about on that verge? No. In desperation, I can justify it, but because you can't be forced to get your fat ass off the couch and work a couple of hours? I know school doesn't leave a lot of time for employment, but hey, people do that all the time. I did it. Many of you could have.

Maybe it's just morals, pride and a decade of customer service employment talking, but I really do take offense to scams, lies and theft. I work my ass off to get everything I have. Why does someone who simply feels like they're entitled to it get to swipe it?

So, apologies if I take a serious stance on it, but it's essentially a non-verbal way of saying "I don't deserve it, but I'm sure as hell getting it", and with most laws set up the way they are, there's not really a damn thing you can do about it except call the cops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.