Thread: IHBB Future?
View Single Post
Unread June 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM
IHBB Freak

Accidentally, it seems, this site has become a sort of unofficial repository for those of us still under Blockbuster's continued employment. For us ex-employees, it gives us a place to vent. And for the haters, well, I suppose that was the reason this site began.

I know there are good Blockbusters out there. My store was one of them, and I continue to wish every single one of my former coworkers well. Their store is doing as well as can be, and I hope it stays open for them.

As a COMPANY, the whole seems to be sinking. It's easy to buy into the indoctrination when your livelihood depends on it and you want to stay optimistic when the boat's leaking, but when you're on the outside looking in, it's quite different. Netflix and Redbox have a royal flush to Keye's two pair, and he's bluffing like he's got the winning hand. I had tunnel vision, because MY store was doing well. But then, my COMPANY was not. The numbers just don't support it. Netflix and Redbox are gaining money. BBV is losing it. Why continue to be optimistic?

So, in the end, BBV is drawing more and more detractors and more employees and ex-employees against it. I suggest the site reopen registrations and, best case scenario, BBV sees that the numbers stack against them. Maybe it'll inspire them to finally take a down-to-earth suggestion (doubtful), or fire all of them and suddenly find themselves short some humans to run the store. That way, if Keyes is killing the business on purpose, well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (June 22nd, 2010), zooworker (June 21st, 2010)