Thread: Inquiring Minds
View Single Post
Unread May 31st, 2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
That is hilarious!

But... I feel like I need to say my piece about brick and mortar stores. Not necessarily Blockbuster, because we all know that it's not the end-all be-all, but stores in general and their continued usefullness to people.

Not everyone likes to use a computer. Not everyone has cable. Not everyone is comfortable with giving out their credit card info, no matter how secure it is. There is still a section of the movie-renting population that likes to interact with actual, living people, get feedback, get assistance, and all that comes with that. People still like to browse, read the backs of boxes and be able to interact with something tangible.

Stores may not be the most popular delivery of home entertainment anymore, but they still have their place.

Sorry for that interruption.
Probably is generational really, older generations mostly still like brick and mortar, younger generations are mostly technological in thinking. As years pass and high school students become college students and then become the dominant market in consumerism and the current dominant market grows old and moves to social security and inevitably, death, the trends are not in favor of brick and mortar.....

I still believe in brick ad mortar, for the time being, but not Blockbuster.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (May 31st, 2011), Propoxy (May 31st, 2011)