View Single Post
Unread December 5th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Don't forget #3, the liquidators come in (which is what happened to a lot of the MG property), they pay 5-10 cents on the dollar, try to sell for 50 cents on the dollar, will go down to price paid (5-10 cents on dollar) the last day, and leave everything else behind so as not to pay to have it hauled away as trash.

Another alternative that I have seen worked is, go in the day after, and see what the landlord will take for it. I have heard of the landlords giving it away, so as not to have to pay to have it removed.

Whilst you're at it, Sarge, ask the landlord about renting the place. Then, neither of you have to move the fixtures and whatever is left behind, and you have an established location that people know. A lot of MG/HV landlords are renting out to indys, from what I am seeing.
I tried to get the landlord to rent me the building, but Movie Gallery gave her 4k month rent and she had gotten used to it. It was highly overpriced. Everything else in town is going between 500-700 per month. So I had to move the stuff out. Unfortunately Family Video met her price 3 weeks later, so I am competing with them on the movie portion of the business.