View Single Post
Unread March 3rd, 2013, 05:11 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I would guess that next September will bring the liquidations of the remaining 500 stores.
I've been thinking stuff like this for the last couple of years. You follow the trend line and logically think that it's nearly the end, but somehow the thing manages to stay alive.

It doesn't look like many of the remaining members still work for the company, and so what attention the board sees is rarely paid to what it's "meant" for (as far as employees are concerned). I recognize the desire to keep your past with you as long as possible, but $15 at this point would be like buying a Rewards program and then only coming in twice a year.

If a message board is left too far beyond its purpose, and remains open too long after its users have drifted away from it, it gets too sad. That's what will happen here if we let Blockbuster's lifespan dictate our own. None of us should ever let Blockbuster dictate any part of our lives, especially the things we enjoy.

I would love to see our community end on its own terms, with its biggest supporters all there to say goodbye.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 3rd, 2013)