View Single Post
Unread July 17th, 2007, 04:19 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to videoslave23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
Did you get a chance to work with Jerry DJ Strothers while in the 'burgh? You might be too young to have known him, tho ... I worked under him, then took over when he left here. Fun stuff ...
No, I was more into the club scene. If this guy is the guy that i just googled it looks like he was more into private parties, like barmitsvas( spelling??), weddings, etc. Anyways, never heard of him. I have to say, though, i really miss playing out. I just noticed my brother has a youtube clip on his myspace of him playing for a live croud, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzzE3_Lyt4A singing his new "hardcore sound" track. I'm not that fond of the track, not really my style, but the crowd seemed to be enjoying it. I miss rocking out in front of tons of people. Maybe someday i'll get back into it. For now, it's just me and my basement.

Edit: Oh yeah, to the OP. The music I grew up on was stuff like Crass, Conflict, Subhumans, Schwatzenigger, The Queers, Operation Ivy, Citizen Fish, Bouncing Souls, Weston, 2.5 Children inc., Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, The Specials, NOFX, Propaghandi, .... basically stuff that now is popular on the WARPED tour, but before they "sold out".

Last edited by videoslave23; July 17th, 2007 at 04:27 PM.