View Single Post
Unread April 7th, 2009, 11:30 AM
IHBB GOD

sixty six was a cute movie. it wasn't meant to be spectacular title, it was just a little portrait of a book (the ending made me kinda tear up). boy in striped pajamas is a huge renter at our store. we can't keep one in the store for minutes.

aside from that, while i think it's certainly true that title strength is deteriorating and Blockbuster seems to attach onto any title that comes its way, customers, in general, are indecisive and have a fairly poor basis for good entertainment. i mean, really, i don't know how many of my customers need to ask me whether Pulse 2/3 was any good, at which point all i can do is ask if they liked the first. all blockbuster and we, as service providers, can do is give in to their rental patterns and cut the fat that would usually go on the shelves.

one thing i have noticed at my store is the list of new releases getting smaller while the copy depth increases for titles. blockbuster was once about providing more selection in-store than any other retailer but that goal has gone astray. nowadays, i can't even use up all 5 of my free weekly rentals on the spot because of ongoing movie series like 8 Films to Die For that actually rent quite well but are guaranteed crap.

k, i admit, i watched last year's 8 films and a couple were decent...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
charlied72 (April 7th, 2009), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (April 7th, 2009)