View Single Post
Unread July 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM

Way back in the day I did loss prevention (assets protection as they call it) for Target. It was fun when I started, then through a series of changes it wasn't anymore. They still have shoplifter catchers, but I was an internal theft kind of guy. They eventually ran us all out and replaced us with folks @ the Corp office.

There's not enough money they could pay me to go back into the LP world.

I was offered a SM position at GameStop. Told the DM to stuff it up his ass after he tried to sell me their rewards card three separate times during my interview. It was insane.

I was also offered a position at Dollar General, a grocery store, a corp owned cellular store (T-mobile), and finally a university. I took the university position. There IS life outside of retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006 View Post
I do loss prevention at Target and love it. Just like any job it all depends on your bosses. They USUALLY like to promote from within, but there have been a couple times where ive gotten screwed. The pay isn't bad and as long as you do a good job, you'll see a nice raise during your review. I would definitely try it out and if the leadership is bad, request a transfer as they are usually very good about it.
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

SPAY AND / OR NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS: Please watch this...
Clicky

Last edited by Meltdown; July 17th, 2011 at 02:27 PM.